Would you like the Jetpack if it worked like a Double Jump?

I’m pretty sure this question has been ask before, but I am going to post anyways (Please note that I feel neutral on this. For the sake of the conversation, I have chosen to keep my opinion hidden)

So there has been a lot of talk on the Jetpack. Well in Reach, you could boost in the air for a good -Yoink- of time. This broke the maps and so a majority of the community hated it. But what if it worked more like a double jump feature? This would solve a lot of problems that involves the Jetpack

So it would give off small burst, instead of long ones. It would boost you up just a little bit under your usual jump height, creating a double jump. It would have a decent recharge time, and maybe even map pick-ups.

Now I know increasing the jump height would be better, but this would be the next best thing.

Thoughts?

> I’m pretty sure this question has been ask before, but I am going to post anyways (Please note that I feel neutral on this. For the sake of the conversation, I have chosen to keep my opinion hidden)
>
> So there has been a lot of talk on the Jetpack. Well in Reach, you could boost in the air for a good -Yoink!- of time. This broke the maps and so a majority of the community hated it. But what if it worked more like a double jump feature? This would solve a lot of problems that involves the Jetpack
>
> So it would give off small burst, instead of long ones. It would boost you up just a little bit under your usual jump height, creating a double jump. It would have a decent recharge time, and maybe even map pick-ups.
>
> Now I know increasing the jump height would be better, but this would be the next best thing.
>
> Thoughts?

Im fairly certain we jump high enough already. Although, maybe this double jump theory is WHY we jump so high… shrugs shoulders

no!! i like the jetpack right now!

Honestly, not really.

Would still completely break maps IMO. Or at least make verticality x2…

inb4verticality aint a word.

Hell no. I have never played a game with double jump where I didn’t just ask “why not just make the jump higher?”

I honestly don’t care how it functions…i probably won’t be using it anyways.

I really don’t like Jetpack on maps such as Reflection, Sword Base, and Countdown. It ruins the other team’s map control and completely puzzles the gameplan.

> > I’m pretty sure this question has been ask before, but I am going to post anyways (Please note that I feel neutral on this. For the sake of the conversation, I have chosen to keep my opinion hidden)
> >
> > So there has been a lot of talk on the Jetpack. Well in Reach, you could boost in the air for a good -Yoink!- of time. This broke the maps and so a majority of the community hated it. But what if it worked more like a double jump feature? This would solve a lot of problems that involves the Jetpack
> >
> > So it would give off small burst, instead of long ones. It would boost you up just a little bit under your usual jump height, creating a double jump. It would have a decent recharge time, and maybe even map pick-ups.
> >
> > Now I know increasing the jump height would be better, but this would be the next best thing.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Im fairly certain we jump high enough already. Although, maybe this double jump theory is WHY we jump so high… shrugs shoulders

If you watch the vidoc it looks like the Spartan 4s are using the thrusterpack after they jump for extra height so i think it wont break the map design like how the jetpack did.

Deleted

The only extra jump we should have is a crouch jump :wink:

I would like it better. I still wouldn’t like it though.

Not for multiplayer, might work for campaign but it seems like a pointless gimmic imo :confused:
Since you jump 2x higher you’ll still get “out of bounds” in a lot of places, or can easily jump over a wraith or board a scarab :stuck_out_tongue: