Would you like the Forum to Be improved.

First of all, I did not know whether to put this in the Halo Waypoint or General Discussion forum.If I put this in the wrong forum, my apoligies in advance.

First of all, do not think of me as somebody who is completely dissatisfied with the Forums.These forums are the best fourms I’ve ever seen.With ranks,a good PM system,monitors(and superintendents),and easy access to things like playdates,Forge maps(that need testing) and the like.These forums are definetly [one of]the best.However,there are jsut a few things that I can think of to make it better…

1)Better ranks.I’m a bit happy with the 20 ranks(excluding Master of unicorns, monitors, administration, and superintendints), but there can always be better (and more) ranks.And I say better , beacause it “borrows” from the Arena Divisions(Iron,Bronze,Silver,…)for all the ranks Recruit through Spartan.Also, for a basis of the ranks I’m talking about,here’s a hyperlink to an already rank list I made for another forum(you could implement that list to this forum[in your head]if you would like)The fourm ranks I was talking about.

2**)# of times somebody edits their post**.Yes , you could see this on the bottom of their post, but it’ll be nice to see how many times somebody

3)Groups.I’m not sure if this forums could do this even if they wanted too, but I got this idea from Steam.You could select a group to be in, and that group even has forums(I think, please correct me on this)!COD Elite (please, don’t even think I want ANYTHING COD to be in Halo…except for this)had this “group feature” and while didn’t have forums, had a group "comment"feature. A giant big thread with no name for some of you people that don’t know

4)My topics UI:
First of all, it takes way longer to view this page.
Second, What if you don’t want to view Active Topics?Just your fav.topics?I think there should be an option for this.
Third, what if I want my to see my active fav.topics?That needs to come first, so I’m thiking along he lines of a prioity system.

I only think of these 3 things as wanted,not needed, improvements to already make these excellent forums better,not a complain list.Please, if you have your own “wanted” improvements ,you could add them here.

So,what do you think?

Better stats, groups, a progressive incentive reward for ranks (more then currently offered) and perhaps a little better software as it seems a little glitchy.

Forum software is kind of silly. But the idea of changing it to something else and keeping all the posts here…probably makes somebody wake up at night screaming. Or not, never tried this forum software don’t know how friendly it is. But with the number of bugs that seem to have been here forever…it’s either not very fun to work with/modify, there isn’t anybody working on the forum software, or there are some boring rules that prevent people from making any improvements.

Better ranks would be an easy switch, though I think what they have is fine. Number of times a post is edited; not sure if that has much value. I believe you can see the time last edited, which actually matters while the number of edits isn’t too big a deal.

Including a group system in the forums would be a lot of work. I’m pretty sure it would require a switch to different forum software, or a decent amount of coding to create something new. Bug fixes would probably be enough improvement.

> 3)Groups.I’m not sure if this forums could do this even if they wanted too, but I got this idea from Steam.You could select a group to be in, and that group even has forums(I think, please correct me on this)!COD Elite (please, don’t even think I want ANYTHING COD to be in Halo…except for this)had this “group feature” and while didn’t have forums, had a group "comment"feature. A giant big thread with no name for some of you people that don’t know

it’s been said that the forum software doesn’t support groups.

Groups were a staple at Bungie.net. I still feel that this is the only thing missing from this site. Now, what I would like to see however is the post reply button at the bottom of every page as it ensures that people read the thread other than answer mindlessly.

> Groups were a staple at Bungie.net. I still feel that this is the only thing missing from this site. Now, what I would like to see however is the post reply button at the bottom of every page as it ensures that people read the thread other than answer mindlessly.

Minor change=Good idea.

> Better stats, groups, a progressive incentive reward for ranks (more then currently offered) and perhaps a little better software as it seems a little glitchy.

Yeah, that seems about right.

To moderator:NOT bumping my thread;just came up with a new idea for my list