would you like hand signals in H4

Not necessarily in multiplayer but it would be cool and efficient in Campaign and custom games. An Example of how much better it would be to have hand signals is in Campaign such as a squad of Marines instead of blindly running into a pair of hunters you could tell them to back off or if your feeling cruel march them into Oblivion. This would also help when you leave your warthog and some punk marine jacks your ride and drives out of sight never to be seen again, instead you could tell him to only occupy the passenger seat.

sort of like Republic commando. Link.

Hmmm, I loved SWRC.

I think this mechanic would have suited better in Halo: Reach however, since that’s where you control a squad.

Yeah it would have worked great in Reach as Marines have poor live spans but it’d make them more efficient and helpful on harder difficulties.

double post :s

Yeah this would be a really good addition but I’m certain it won’t be in or added unfortunately.

> An Example of how much better it would be to have hand signals is in Campaign such as a squad of Marines instead of blindly running into a pair of hunters you could tell them to back off or if your feeling cruel march them into Oblivion.

I’d rather that they just hang with me like the marines often did in T&R.

Thanks for the video though. I think I’d like that when I have a whole bunch of marines (12-16) rather than the standard numbers (5-7).

> This would also help when you leave your warthog and some punk marine jacks your ride and drives out of sight never to be seen again, instead you could tell him to only occupy the passenger seat.

The only way to stop a marine -Yoink!- from driving off was to shoot your gun (I think this was introduced in H3). Problem is, Bungie didn’t include this in the manual.

The only time marines should be in the driver’s seat is if they spawn in it or if I get in the passenger’s seat (which should be first person btw because I don’t feel like I’m hitting anything when I’m in third person). They should not get in if I:

-get them out of their seats
-leave the vehicle

If I get in the turret seat, I should have the option to get a marine driver rather than a marine always getting in the driver’s seat. Sometimes I like to have the hog stationary, like this.

In H2, H3, and Reach, I have to put the hog’s driver seat against a wall to stop marines from driving off. It’s an annoying chore and it’s much more faster if I simply kill the marines though that often leaves me with no support.

> sort of like Republic commando. Link.

As soon as you mentioned hand signals, Republic Commando is what came to mind hehe. Such a great game, too short.

If it were me, I would assign D-Pad to different hand sigs depending on what you are aiming at.

I think it could work, we’d have a use for that D pad finally.

Yeah that would be fun.However, it won’t work in MM unless the people in your POV(point of views) is there when you do the hand signal, , and has you in their POV.When that happens, you’ll get a little message , sound, or mini-picture detailing what that person wants to do.

I don’t see how this would ever work in custom games. It doesn’t make sense as you have a mic anyways.

For campaign, I would rather them add voice recognition technology that allows us to speak commands through either Kinect or a normal headset. What makes you think that the marines are always watching your hands? If I were on an alien planet for the first time, I would be watching my surroundings closely.

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/stunning-new-halo-4-screenshots-and.html

Look at the first pic with the spartan holding his hand out,what is this?
It doesn’t look like he’s reloading or throwing a grenade.

It might be kinda hard to put hand signals in

> http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/stunning-new-halo-4-screenshots-and.html
>
> Look at the first pic with the spartan holding his hand out,what is this?
> It doesn’t look like he’s reloading or throwing a grenade.

Well, to me it looks like he just tossed a grenade, and the grenade is 1 feet away from his hand. Far enought to be outside of the picture and close enought so that he haven’t had time to pull back his arm.

It’s been QUITE some time since I played it, so hopefully nostalgia goggles aren’t blinding me, but I believe Republic Commando had some of the best ‘squad’ controls I’ve seen in an FPS game.

If Halo is going to take inspiration from any game, squad controls would be it. At least for Spartan Ops. :slight_smile:

> Yeah that would be fun.However, it won’t work in MM unless the people in your POV(point of views) is there when you do the hand signal, , and has you in their POV.When that happens, you’ll get a little message , sound, or mini-picture detailing what that person wants to do.

I was thinking of it poping up on the screen for MM or CG’s like

“Deadly Duck1 wants cover fire”

or

“Deadly Duck1 wants backup”

Ah, Republic Commando. It’s been a long time.

I love that game.

> http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/stunning-new-halo-4-screenshots-and.html
>
> Look at the first pic with the spartan holding his hand out,what is this?
> It doesn’t look like he’s reloading or throwing a grenade.

I think hes just throwing a grenade.

No.

They have Private Coms and Acknowledgement lights on their HUD in the books.

Hands signals would only be useful in super sneaky situations…

> It might be kinda hard to put hand signals in

Not really it would give the d-pad a purpose.