Would you like AA's in Halo 4???

I say no because this is what ruined Reach IMO.

I’m fine wither way. I really enjoyed them in Reach, but it doesn’t really matter to me.

Yeah it ruined it. Just another gimmick à la COD perks to appease the self-entitled players’ ego. And to make games highly uneven in both fun and overall experience. I mean, I stopped playing Reach’s mp because the games were too random, too much random -Yoink- happened all the time, it was hard to have a consistently exciting game where player skill really was the highest factor. Now it’s all about using AAs when you shouldn’t, constantly trying to counter everything. Makes for boring and tiresome experience imo. Apparently that’s what new gamers like, if COD’s mp is still as popular.

I don’t understand why people says AAs are unfair. In COD, anyone can have any ability during the game, and you can’t do anything about it. In Reach, you choose from the same list that everyone else in the game has. You have the same exact opportunities as everyone else in the game.

Halo.
The holy trinity of Guns, Grenades, and Melee.
AAs ruined this. It slowed down gameplay. It might have been better if they were more offensive based, to speed up gameplay, but they mostly just slow it down.

Now you might say equipment in halo 3 ruined that, but it went along with how halo works, you have to pick it up and it is on a respawn timer.

With AAs you just have more overpowered equipment ALL the time and you can re use it. It is disgusting.

If Halo 4 gas AAs I will not buy the game.

> I don’t understand why people says AAs are unfair. In COD, anyone can have any ability during the game, and you can’t do anything about it. In Reach, you choose from the same list that everyone else in the game has. You have the same exact opportunities as everyone else in the game.

That doesn’t make it fun. It makes the game full of randomness, not that a certain degree of randomness is bad, as it was always present in Halo, but in Reach, it’s rampant. Everyone have AAs yes, but that’s the problem: you can use it anytime and it requires almost no skill, and too often it becomes a game of counter attacks and such. Too easy it is to break a superior players’ tactic which should have mercilessly killed someone. It feels like Bungie didn’t want some players to be offended by being killed too often. It makes for patchy, slow and terribly unexciting games. I’m not the best player in the world, but I can see it sucks when you can’t make competent tactics without them being broken so easily, even if they could have been broken with some good playing.

No i dont Halo for the most part has always been a team based game and to add AA’s made it stray from its core. Also not to mention the ranking system which like cod encourages Lone wolf play. I miss the strategically placed triangles in which your team had to work together to take them and control them trough out the match.

<4

Armor Abilities had a lot of potential but Active Camo and Armor Lock killed it. Hologram, Sprint, and the Jetpack all added something. But the two I listed killed armor abilities for me. I want them out of Halo 4.

I would be fine with AA in a new halo game. but i do have conditions. I think they should be pick up items for one. and i would only like to see a sprint, jetpack, and maybe evade, though i think that should be elite exclusive. Basically i’m saying i’d be fine with what they’re doing in the Reach MLG playlist on-line, I think that would be fine. And that’s with multiplayer. I’d also like to see the overshield and active camo pickups come back.

No, AAs were the worst idea Bungie ever thought of, even worse than equipment.

In concept I like AAs. I mean AL is the only way to combat the rabid grenade spamming that everyone seems to think is a valid tactic these days.

However they need to be severely re-thought before they are introduced in H4.
For example AL needs to become a projected shield that lasts just a fraction of a second to protect against blast. Longer recharge time also OR a H3 style pick-me-up equipment.

Sprint should be standard and in addition to equipment/AA. Jet-pack should be scrapped altogether. While a 3D battlespace is epic, Halo isn’t a tactical shooter and until it becomes such expanding the tactical opportunities is kind of pointless. Instead the maps themselves need to be fixed.

As an option.

I wouldn’t mind if implemented in a good way and if they didn’t feel cheap. But otherwise no.

They can be present in the game as long as they are built around the game, not the game being built around them.

I don’t mind Sprint, Jetpack, Hologram and Evade. They’re actually quite a cool addition to Halo IMO. Everyone’s been wanting Jetpacks since they first saw them on Elites in Halo 2’s Campaign mode. Sprint has been wanted for a while now, along with Evade, again after seeing the Elites doing it. They’re quite useful and I don’t really see how they upset the balance. Sure, Jetpack can ruin some Forge World based maps, but just remember that it can be removed in Competitive playlists. Evade is useful for dodging grenades, Sprint is useful for quickly navigating around the map, especially to support your team mates that are in a bad situation, Jetpack is good for those who want to get the height advantage on enemies and finally Hologram is a good way of distracting enemies while you and your team mates go in for the kill.

However, I feel that the rest just slow down the gameplay, especially Armour Lock, which is definitely overpowered when you compare it to the other Armour Abilities.

i don’t know enough to truly know, but i personally liked AA’s in Reach, someone said earlier that unlike CoD, everyone picks from the same list, so it really isn’t comparable to the full customization of CoD where you don’t really know who has what and EVERY perk makes it unbalanced for the illusion of balance, plus you SPAWN with power weapons in Cod (but i’m beginning to rant and i apologize), back to the point, all im saying is that the chief was using some jetpack-type device in his armor, so if it isn’t AA’s its definitely some kind of armor upgrade from previous games

> No, AAs were the worst idea Bungie ever thought of, even worse than equipment.

I hate AA’s but love equipment.

Just bring back pick-ups. It made map control more challenging and less random.

Agreed with person above!

Absolutely not. They were Horrible in Reach.