Would you honestly care if Halo 5 was 720 60fps ?

As we all know there was a big debate about Halo 5 needing to be 1080 60fps and that certain things needed to be done to reach that goal. But do you even notice a difference between 720 30fps while playing ? And wouldn’t it satisfy the interests of those that really want 60fps by making Halo 6 720 60fps ? Feel free to chime in

> 2533274871165695;1:
> certain things needed to be done to reach that goal

Is this another split-screen thread?

And no, I wouldn’t care

The difference between 30 and 60 fps is huge and very noticeable. The difference between 720p and 1080p is less so while playing, but if you stop to look around you’d definitely notice the difference.

Personally I’m looking forward to the Scorpio, and playing games that run in native 4k. 1080p is yesterday’s news.

I’m not sure what you’re asking about Halo 6? You do realise Halo 5 is already 60fps? It’s the resolution that varies on Halo 5, it drops it down when the action gets going.

Nah not a split screen thread. I think that’s been done to death xD was just something on my mind

> 2533274904158628;2:
> > 2533274871165695;1:
> > certain things needed to be done to reach that goal
>
> Is this another split-screen thread?
>
> And no, I wouldn’t care

I don’t care. But the Xbox as a console does. If it can’t perform it’s top titles at those specs then it’s perceived as inferior to the PS4 (which honestly I believe it is). That’s why I feel this was more of an MS decision than a 343 one. This was about keeping up with other consoles.

> 2533274815582829;5:
> I don’t care. But the Xbox as a console does. If it can’t perform it’s top titles at those specs then it’s perceived as inferior to the PS4 (which honestly I believe it is). That’s why I feel this was more of an MS decision than a 343 one. This was about keeping up with other consoles.

Yeah MS doesn’t want to lose PR over a graphical issue they’d instead lose it over people complaining about the game because of that choice and others lel. Kinda screwed either way

I can handle crappy graphics if it gives me 1080p 60fps and split screen. But I really wouldn’t care unless it’s about the frame rate.

I would defiantly notice, I play on a 4k t.v. And I can already tell. And most of the time the way halo 5 looks bother me. Luckily HW2 looks a lot better.

900p 30fps would have been good enough. The animations for enemies wouldn’t be slow slideshow-ish, and it would most likely be capable of 4 player split-screen. I think the 1080p 60fps being a selling point has always been ridiculous. You want to have your game full of features, not be striving to reach a certain resolution or frame rate higher than your game can hold. Yes Halo 5 holds a 60fps, but not 1080p. We also have less features like split-screen because of the push for resolution and frame rate.

I say 900p 30fps would be good enough for a Halo game. They go also increase the in game graphics, so more grass, trees, view distance, etc.

If anything. They might make Halo be Xbox Scorpio exclusive so it has splitscreen.

The beta was 720p and it looked really good, so no, I would’t care.

> 2533274859296105;11:
> The beta was 720p and it looked really good, so no, I would’t care.

I didn’t get to play the beta but it did look -Yoink!- as hell

> 2533274859296105;11:
> The beta was 720p and it looked really good, so no, I would’t care.

Yeah. Unfortunately the industry buzz word is “1080p 60fps” and without that the game is seen as substandard just on graphics alone. Now that’s even before getting in the game and seeing that the games graphics even at those specs aren’t that great anyway.

I would kinda care. I dare you to play Halo 3 on MCC and then go back to the 360 version and tell me they look the same. 1080p is more drastic of an upgrade than people give credit for and it’s why some games can look beautiful but blurry at the same time (Battlefield and Battlefront specifically)

But the thing is, Halo 5 normally stays around 900p which is a decent compromise for being a locked 60fps, but honestly, I would have accepted higher visuals and splitscreen at 30fps for campaign and have MP 60fps, kinda like Gears Ultimate and upcoming 4.

Not really, no.

Heck no, I’d much rather local play, the amount of times I’ve had no internet and can’t even do forge… Or a 1v0…

720p would be fine. Halo 3 was not even HD, it was less than 700p. Clever developing made it look amazing though ( in it’s day ). Visually it holds up pretty well.

I could care less.

I care but not greatly. I like my gameplay smooth.

> 2535447480293666;19:
> I care but not greatly. I like my gameplay smooth.

Agreed.