Would you have been upset if H4 was like CE-3

When H3 was coming to a close and Reach was on it’s way I never felt any kind of panic in the community. This doomsday that supposedly exists if Halo doesn’t conform to “modern FPS trends” never seemed to be on the horizon. I didn’t see anyone asking for a class based Halo. A Halo with killstreaks. A Halo with sprint. A Halo with instant spawns.

Yet here we are with H4 and Halo Reach.

I know I would certainly not be upset if H4 was a continuation of HCE-H3 with weapons on the maps, ranked and social, no armour abilities etc.

Would you?

> When H3 was coming to a close and Reach was on it’s way I never felt any kind of panic in the community. This doomsday that supposedly exists if Halo doesn’t conform to “modern FPS trends” never seemed on the horizon. I didn’t see anyone asking for a class based Halo. A Halo with killstreaks. A Halo with sprint. A Halo with instant spawns.
>
> Yet here we are with H4 and Halo Reach.
>
> I know I would certainly not be upset if H4 was a continuation of HCE-H3 with weapons on the maps, ranked and social, no armour abilities etc.
>
> Would you?

I would be ecstatic if 4 was a continuation. As long as the classic Halo formula is kept, I will be happy.

In reality, however, 4 has no classic resemblance from the prior installments.

Oh, wait … SWAT. We know how competitive headless Spartans are.

4 is trying to be popular by copying new trends instead of adding to the original formula that made it popular to begin with.

343i wants to fix things that aren’t broken.

I would. Part of the fun of Halo is that every game is different. If they started making every game like CE-3, it would slowly turn into COD where every game is exactly the same.

halo 3 was by far the best… as everyone saying slow and crap like that. halo has become such a fast paced game and that is one of the problems with it. i would be very happy if halo 4 came out like CE-3 it would be amazing perfectly paced, great gameplay, amazing weapons, and perfect maps. do i need to go on?

If Halo: Reach was just a Halo 3 clone I would not have kept playing the series. Halo 3 was incredibly boring and it felt horribly outdated. The Reach beta showed me that Halo could evolve and keep adding new features, the addition of armor abilities refreshed my interest in Halo and without it I wouldn’t have bothered to buy the game. In fact the Reach beta impressed me so much that I bought the Reach console and the Legendary edition, along with the wireless headset that matched.

So I’m glad that Halo 4 followed in Reach’s footsteps. Going back is not where Halo needs to go, they simply have to find the balance of old and new to make the series just perfect.

Halo 4, static weapon spawns, weapons on map, AAs on map, new weapons on map, split casual and ranked games , all playlists, no instant respawn, sprint.

If it was more like Halo, and less like CoD I would be happy indeed.

Haha 70% of people WOULDN’T be upset if H4 was like H3 so I guess all the H4 fanboys are not the majority. If H4 was exactly like H3, meaning that its core gameplay was pre-REACH, then I would be ecstatic.

Heck if H4 was like H3, I’d be playing the game instead of sitting on these forums reading posts of how much others hate this game as well.

Halo 4 is nothing but a randomized mess. One armor ability was a disaster, two is a monstrosity. Then adding perks on top of that is just mind blowing. It honestly seems as if 343i purposefully tried to sabotage this game franchise. If that was their intent, then well done.

Hell no, I would be playing h4 all day everyday just like I used to if that was the case. The poll speaks for itself. I say 343 should make Halo 5 just like Halo 1-3 and Halo would be alive again.

> If Halo: Reach was just a Halo 3 clone I would not have kept playing the series. Halo 3 was incredibly boring and it felt horribly outdated. The Reach beta showed me that Halo could evolve and keep adding new features, the addition of armor abilities refreshed my interest in Halo and without it I wouldn’t have bothered to buy the game. In fact the Reach beta impressed me so much that I bought the Reach console and the Legendary edition, along with the wireless headset that matched.
>
> So I’m glad that Halo 4 followed in Reach’s footsteps. Going back is not where Halo needs to go, they simply have to find the balance of old and new to make the series just perfect.

Reach and AAs killed Halo though. H4 is just putting the nails in the coffin as of now according to the population which is dropping everyday.

Damn! First time reading this thread. That poll is surprising. Says a lot.

nope, not at all.

Nope

Look, Reach didn’t expand off of the classics. Halo 4 sure didn’t, but super-sized Reach. The majority never questioned the pace at which halo evolved, in fact, they just sat there loving them all. No one had a problem with how it was. Need I remind you that casuals had much fun in a competitive arena styled game like Halo 2.

If you think adding loadouts, perks, streaks, flinch, super short ranks, gimmicks, unlocking emblems and weapons as change, then something is wrong with you. This is not at all an expansion from the last classic game. At least cod is sticking to its roots and actually building upon what they’ve established. What I’ve listed is all part of a generic typical fps game. It’s part of why people say this game is boring.

I’d gladly pay full price for a CE-3 clone. It would be nice though if 343 smartly expanded upon a working formula (3) instead of continuing a failed experiment (reach). Changing for the sake of change is a bad thing, and it shows.

I would love to see the same again. But, if you think about it, it’d get boring.

Halo 4 SHOULD have been like CE-3.

No.

Halo 4 would have been better if it was more like the original 3 games.
I do like Halo 4 but it feels too much like CoD.

I appreciated the classic Halo formula, but it got boring at some point. The game had to at some point need a change. While Halo 4 feels nothing like any other Halo, it is still a good Halo game.

I also need to get of nostalgia, about as bad a Red Sand (get the reference?)

Alright seriously? you guys really want ANOTHER halo 3? it was a great game, but come on, thats just stupid.

its called Halo: combat evolved for a reason, not combat stagnated.

^ I agree with Dr Steve there. I would not have been happy if Halo 4 was a copy of an earlier game.

That said, I like Halo 4, but I’m still not as enthusiastic about the changes as I was for Reach. I think Reach was a step in the right direction, in the sense of a change in gameplay, but Halo 4 is just on the edge of taking it too far too quickly.

I would have. It’d be the same argument that a lot of the gaming community (including the ones here) throw at Call of Duty. Same thing, no change in game play, obvious money grab.

Halo 4 did right by me and proved me horribly wrong.