Would you guys like this idea?

Just posted this in the feedback forum but I was wondering if I could get some direct feedback from the community on this idea. I do apologize if this counts as spam in a way.

What if 343 made the hud/visor a bit ,ore useful? I mean the way it is now, we monitor our health, and use our motion sensor, but aside from those two things, its mainly just a view screen. In the books, however, the Spartans use their HUDs to communicate (along with hand gestures). I thing something that allowed us to communicate vid HUD would be an amazing addition to Halo. Besides, aren’t you tired of that guy on your team who cant communicate because he doesn’t have a mic? Or maybe you just don’t feel like talking yourself! Well, another way to communicate would be by sight instead of sound. Let me present you with my “Waypoint” idea.

And yes, I am aware that other games have used something similar to this. But lets say you’re on a team and no one has any mics. Currently that makes it very hard to call out enemy locations or maybe other important things that you notice on the map such as a weapon or vehicle spawn that you’re too far away to pick up yourself, but you want to notify your teammate which is considerably closer. You could do this by pressing up on the d-pad by centering your view on an enemy and this would mark him with a green waypoint. The waypoint would show up on your allies HUD no matter where the enemy is on the map and maybe last for up to 5 or 6 seconds. It doesn’t seem like that big of an idea, however if the enemy was “one-shot” it could make all the difference in the world. You would be able to alert your team to an easy kill or maybe warm them of an approaching enemy without even saying a word.

As far as weapon/vehicle spawns, maybe we could use a different color and maybe a shorter time. Maybe just a green flicker over the weapons location would be enough to indicate that “rockets are up,” or banshee’s back."

However, it is important to keep your HUD from being cluttered with red and green waypoints. This is why a time and maybe a limit to how many times you can use this function should probably be implemented. And i’m sure this idea could use a lot of tweaking if its not crap all together, but I thought I’d just throw it out there. If anyone does read this, thanks! : )

YES!

Maybe another use for the hud would be to view other players screens in first person, just in the corner, it would be optional and you could flick through the screens of all your teamates. Just to see what’s going on and where the action is.

> YES!
>
> Maybe another use for the hud would be to view other players screens in first person, just in the corner, it would be optional and you could flick through the screens of all your teamates. Just to see what’s going on and where the action is.

I had actually thought about that as well! But I ultiamtely decided against mentioning it because it just didnt seem “halo” enough to me. However, Im only one of many. Maybe more would like to see this implemented and in fact, I’d would definitely support it as long as you have the option to turn that small screen completely off. You should post the idea in the feedback thread! Maybe we’ll gather support for a more “useful” HUD!

Sounds like a good idea.

> > YES!
> >
> > Maybe another use for the hud would be to view other players screens in first person, just in the corner, it would be optional and you could flick through the screens of all your teamates. Just to see what’s going on and where the action is.
>
> I had actually thought about that as well! But I ultiamtely decided against mentioning it because it just didnt seem “halo” enough to me. However, Im only one of many. Maybe more would like to see this implemented and in fact, I’d would definitely support it as long as you have the option to turn that small screen completely off. You should post the idea in the feedback thread! Maybe we’ll gather support for a more “useful” HUD!

Done! :smiley:

> YES!
>
> Maybe another use for the hud would be to view other players screens in first person, just in the corner, it would be optional and you could flick through the screens of all your teamates. Just to see what’s going on and where the action is.

That would be an interesting idea to increase teamwork, however, it could also bring a new wave of general-purpose cockery into a future game. Using your LIVE communicator or Kinect Voice is still a great way to improve team dynamics on the battlefield. :slight_smile:

However, using something similar to what TCU suggested is a pretty neat and simple plan, could be used effectively if there’s a balance to the use.