Would you enjoy this Halo 4 Ranking System?

For the ranked playlists you can earn CR for your armors and stuff like that as well as the social. Goes by medals, kills, all the good stuff just like Reach.

Now your overall cr earned will also act as sort of an experience just like in Reach as well. But it also judges your highest skill achieved in a ranked playlist. Like Halo 3.

The Ranked playlists of course FFA. Team Slayer. Mlg. Snipers. Doubles. All give you a Ranking of 1 to 50. Each season you reset to one. However you keep an overall rating that you cant notice. This is so when season resets those who got to lets say 48 will more than likely start playing with other ranked 1s for the season that previously was ranked at about 48 if players can be found. That should help people just getting dominated at the end of the season. Also your ranking “Such as commander general things like that” Goes by you’re highest ever achieved. For fun we could turn it up to a 1 to say 75 system just so there is more possible ranking trees.

So in a nutshell.

Cr =s experience && everyone can still buy their armors and fx
Highest possible skill achieved =s highest ranking title you can get too
Competitive is competitive again and has incentive because everyone can see highest skill ever achieved.
If you dont do good at first no need to make a new account next season is only 2 months away. Get some practice in.
So if you have another idea drop it in. If you think its awlful leave your opinion. If you’re like me you just want a halo experience that competitive and casual gamers can enjoy for years to come.

My idea is in the thread directly above yours at the current moment. My idea is a little too complex to put in a nutshell, so you can read it from the forum page at [ http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/29623.aspx ]

EDIT: Your Idea seems like an improvement over the Reach and Halo 3 systems, sort of like a hybrid. It would be better, but not by that much. Plus, about the 2-month season, the seasons proved they didn’t work in the Arena. I’m not sure if that’s what you meant or not though.

The two to 3 month seasons is to saved people from getting “level” locked a problem that led many to buying a lot of one months to start a new and try to beat their previous highest skill achieved. This will prevent that.

Alot of people dont like reaches ranking system because it resets. Imagine this, graduating from school, keeping your daploma and being told you have to start from the begining again. (Sorry for the spelling)

If you keep your rank when you reset like you described, it will keep some good players from ranking up as fast.

Better to let them play noobs and get our of the low ranks as fast as possible.

I understand but I feel that the only way to keep people from getting level locked is to let it reset. Maybe an option to let it save or let it be reset. As long as you can see your highest skill ever achieved. Say I get a 50 in season two and it resets and in season 3 I only get a 48. When you look at my service record it will just say highest skill achieved 50. Meaning you dont lose your street cred. Plus in my opinion the grind to the highest skill was the best part about the ranking system so I’d let mine reset everytime.

Halo 2/3 had that grind. And if anybody got a 50 they would go to a new playlist and try for that one.

> I understand but I feel that the only way to keep people from getting level locked is to let it reset. Maybe an option to let it save or let it be reset. As long as you can see your highest skill ever achieved. Say I get a 50 in season two and it resets and in season 3 I only get a 48. When you look at my service record it will just say highest skill achieved 50. Meaning you dont lose your street cred. Plus in my opinion the grind to the highest skill was the best part about the ranking system so I’d let mine reset everytime.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I don’t mind ranks resetting, I was talking about when your rank resets, and you still get matched up with players who were at the same rank as you in the previous season.

That would mean a bunch of level 1’s who are all really level 50’s getting matched up with eachother, and half of them would remain level 1’s. Obviously they wouldn’t stay level 1’s forever, but I imagine it would end up with a bunch of good players with a lower rank than they deserve. That wouldn’t be good for the legit lower ranks they play.

> > I understand but I feel that the only way to keep people from getting level locked is to let it reset. Maybe an option to let it save or let it be reset. As long as you can see your highest skill ever achieved. Say I get a 50 in season two and it resets and in season 3 I only get a 48. When you look at my service record it will just say highest skill achieved 50. Meaning you dont lose your street cred. Plus in my opinion the grind to the highest skill was the best part about the ranking system so I’d let mine reset everytime.
>
> Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I don’t mind ranks resetting, I was talking about when your rank resets, and you still get matched up with players who were at the same rank as you in the previous season.
>
> That would mean a bunch of level 1’s who are all really level 50’s getting matched up with eachother, and half of them would remain level 1’s. Obviously they wouldn’t stay level 1’s forever, but I imagine it would end up with a bunch of good players with a lower rank than they deserve. That wouldn’t be good for the legit lower ranks they play.

I understand, I was confused because in the original post I referred to a matchmaking “rating” that you couldnt see but was kept in the system. So when the ranks reset it would look for players closer to both those ratings and the current rank that you was at. So when it restarts highest skill 50’s will be finding previous highest skill 45 - 50s and not legit level ones.

> So if you have another idea drop it in.

Credit system and 1-50 system. Credits determine rank title (“Commander”, “Private”, etc.).

Both apply at all times and 1-50 affects matching in designated playlists. However, displaying your 1-50 rank publicly is an opt-in. If you don’t opt-in, no one else can see your rank. If you opt-in, it’s shown next to your gamertag in Matchmaking lobbies.

In my experience, the ranking in Halo 3 resulted in slightly better matches, but it also resulted in larger amounts of trash talking and generally distasteful behavior. Requiring people to opt-in to display their rank would mitigate that somewhat. No more “Wow, look at that low-ranking '-Yoink!-!” and no more “How much was your 50?”. Can’t insult someone’s rank if you can’t see it!

Essentially, it’s the Halo 3 system under-the-hood, with users having the option to take it out of the hood and show it off. Meanwhile, credits give everyone something to show off, even if they don’t feel like putting up with rank-flaming.

Leaderboards would be nice for previously ranked playlists. Just imagine earning a spot in the top 100 worldwide.

> > So if you have another idea drop it in.
>
> Credit system and 1-50 system. Credits determine rank title (“Commander”, “Private”, etc.).
>
> Both apply at all times and 1-50 affects matching in designated playlists. However, displaying your 1-50 rank publicly is an opt-in. If you don’t opt-in, no one else can see your rank. If you opt-in, it’s shown next to your gamertag in Matchmaking lobbies.
>
> In my experience, the ranking in Halo 3 resulted in slightly better matches, but it also resulted in larger amounts of trash talking and generally distasteful behavior. Requiring people to opt-in to display their rank would mitigate that somewhat. No more “Wow, look at that low-ranking '-Yoink!-!” and no more “How much was your 50?”. Can’t insult someone’s rank if you can’t see it!
>
> Essentially, it’s the Halo 3 system under-the-hood, with users having the option to take it out of the hood and show it off. Meanwhile, credits give everyone something to show off, even if they don’t feel like putting up with rank-flaming.

So basically you can choose if you’re highest skill achieved was listed or if just your title was. Sounds good. As with the credit system determining your rank title that is what I too was suggesting. Its a good system but would be perfect if it was implemented in conjunction with the Halo 3 Ranking system.

> Halo 2/3 had that grind. And if anybody got a 50 they would go to a new playlist and try for that one.

And I for one loved it.

> Leaderboards would be nice for previously ranked playlists. Just imagine earning a spot in the top 100 worldwide.

They can always implament the system that shows you what precental you are in the world. That they already use in reach.

I don’t want the cR system. It’s just a gimmick like the rest of Reach. Exp is better.

> I don’t want the cR system. It’s just a gimmick like the rest of Reach. Exp is better.

I agree but I can compromise as far as something that doesnt alter actual gameplay so that people who do enjoy the system can have what they want.

Honestly, I wouldn’t enjoy anything that resets…

Just make it friggin’ hard to achieve the last rank, and that way, one month and 3 months will find it waste of money, and they’ll just achieve their rank with their main account.

I also got a thread abount a ranking system for Halo 4, but that doesn’t make me hate other threads about the same topic, so i’ll tell you the main reasons why I don’t like this very much this:

1. Rank resets.
  2. You’re not too encouraged to try other playlist outside ranked ffa and team slayer (exept for the really hardcore players :P) .

Anyway, your idea is pretty much a hybrid of Halo 3 and Reach, not too bad, but still think that my idea which is a hybrid of Halo 2 and Halo 3 is kind of better, and would suit more the casual players, so that the hoppers would be balanced (Social and Ranked).

No…

> No…

Since you have no reason to explain why not Im going to say your opinon is VOID. And your post irrealavent.

Sounds good, but I still think H3 1-50 > arena system of seasons.