Would you buy forge as a digital download?

If Halo 4’s Forge was to be released digitally as an Xbox Live download and available a few weeks before the main game launched, would you buy it? How much would you spend on it? The idea here is that it would still launch with the game (for free), but released early for for those really die-hard cartographers (like me!).

I’d buy for it around 800 ms points ($10) myself. It would be really cool if Forge was released early so that map makers could get their feet wet in creating some map content before the game is officially out. This would make for some amazing day 1 content. I think a few weeks would be enough to learn the ropes of the new Forge.

It would also be like a beta, in that 343 could finalize the content/fileshare servers for optimal performance so that when the flood gates are lifted at launch, it’s smooth sailing.

#sadfacebecauseitwonthappen

of course!, specially if its a first-day DLC. everyone loves first-day DLC

Pay extra for something that will be shipped with the game anyway?

I’d prefer to go buy 5 bags of Doritos at my local convenience store.

For an xbox live download? Not for me. But if you could instead have a map & gametype building program on PC where you could import your creations to the xbox…THAT would be something worthwhile, possibly worth paying a bit to download. Even if it used that shudder Games for Windows Live system.

If they rename Forge I think Cartographer would be a pretty cool name.

> If Halo 4’s Forge was to be released digitally as an Xbox Live download and available a few weeks before the main game launched, would you buy it? How much would you spend on it? The idea here is that it would still launch with the game (for free), but released early for for those really die-hard cartographers (like me!).

It won’t. And no, I wouldn’t buy it.

That entirely depends to what extent we have of customization. I highly doubt we would get something worth paying extra for.

Honestly, no. Mainly because i’m a cheap -Yoink- and would prefer to wait until the game’s released which will have Forge right there for free.

I’d buy Forge with the game.

> I’d buy Forge with the game.

The way it should be bought.

This is a horrible idea. Imagine the leaks from doing this.

All the Multiplayer maps would have to be in this, all the weapons and vehicles.

People would probably just host games on this or find exploits.

How would that even work?