Would YOU Be Happy If 343 Dropped Everything

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Title too long to complete in the Subject Margin

Here it goes, So I am wondering if YOU would be happy if 343 decided to drop everything, including AAs, Loadouts, Sprint, Perks, Ordnance, Infinity Settings, etc, essentially every problematic thing ever added in Halo 4 and started it out with the basics.

Basically starting with Halo 2-3 and building upon that excluding anything Reach or Halo 4 brought in.

How would you feel? Alienated? Angry? Happy AF?

Is this the right thing to do or should 343 just follow the footsteps Halo 4 made and put Halo into the ground once and for all.

This idea has been done to death, but with 3 months to wait till we see what disgusting concoction 343 has been cooking up for the past couple years there isn’t a reason to ask the question again since i’m sure there are quite a few noobies out there who haven’t seen a Halo before Halo 4.

Honestly, what answer do you really expect to get in this forum other than yes.

Alienated. I vastly prefer Reach to 2 and 3, which I regarded as over-hyped games. I never liked the sort of playstyle those two games had, and I preferred CE and Reach over both of them.

Now, I’m not going to say Reach was perfect. But it’s far better than the ‘decent’ games of Halo 2 and 3. I liked them, but comparatively, I feel that the game play is weaker, but the storyline stronger. Halo 4 followed this trait. Now, Halo Reach was the opposite for me; The gameplay was great, the story was meh, at best.

I have a question, however; If the way the Halo series is going thus far disgusts you, why do you continue going on this site or following the series?

The only people who actually will see your poll are those who are on here to complain.

>

High lighted part - This kind of stuff sure I would like to get rid of… but other stuff that reach and 4 brought I wouldn’t… like assassination animations, all the different armour looks etc

> >
>
> High lighted part - This kind of stuff sure I would like to get rid of… but other stuff that reach and 4 brought I wouldn’t… like assassination animations, all the different armour looks etc

Assassinations are eh, They don’t serve a purpose besides a flashy way to kill someone. That’s it. Even that, they serve as a mean for your teammates to take your kill and infuriate you because of all the hard work put into getting to that point of assassinating the enemy.

Not worth it. However, the way your spartan turned sideways once you got headshotted in Halo CE was comical and didn’t affect the game in any way whatsoever.

> The only people who actually will see your poll are those who are on here to complain.

But isn’t everyone on here to complain about something?

> Honestly, what answer do you really expect to get in this forum other than yes.

I expect ‘Please Do’ therefore I will get it.

Because Halo as it is today is NO WHERE near as good as it was 4 years ago.

There are things I’m more than willing to change:

-Either take personal ordnance out or make it MUCH harder to get. (If it exists, much narrower prize variation)

-Get rid of map ordnance. Return to weapon pickups.

-Open to PP and Boltshot and Plasma Nades either being tweaked or removed from loadouts.

-MAYBE get rid of default sprint. DEFINITELY not as an AA. (Reach was an unfocused mess IMO)

-Remove Active Camo from AA’s and buff it a bit, making it a powerup.

-More default map powerups.

-Weaken DMR (lower rate of fire/more bloom/longer reload/whatever)

-Make 3 second respawns for Slayer, no instant respawns.

-MAYBE put friendly fire back in (or gametype dependent)

-Put grenade pickups in, but make dropped grenades despawn very quickly.

-Make dropped weapons take a little longer to despawn.

-Do some serious trimming with the support upgrades/tactical packages. NO avoiding vehicle EMPs, NO shield recharge boosts, NO avoiding vehicle destruction. Change grenadier to only impact your starting grenade capacity and not your grenade pickup capacity.

I do dig the Armor Abilities, though I’m open to new suggestions, and as I’ve said I’m a fan of customizable loadouts.

> > Honestly, what answer do you really expect to get in this forum other than yes.
>
>
> <mark>I expect ‘Please Do’ therefore I will get it.</mark>
>
> Because Halo as it is today is NO WHERE near as good as it was 4 years ago.

Seriously?

Well I voted ‘Willing to Compromise’ because out of those the only real things I dislike are the Personal Ordinances, Perk and Support Systems, and to an extent Armor Abilities. They were fine as pickups in 3, but in 4 it seems… Off.

After playing Halo 3 for a few hours today, I can say I honestly miss Halo 4’s Join-In-Progress. Yeah, it sucked to be on the receiving end of joining into a losing game, but nothing in H3 was more frustrating than having a 3 on 6 game - or worse - because most your team quit a minute or less into the match. JIP, if I decided to go easy on the other team because they only had one guy? Yeah, a minute later their team is full and handing our helmets to us on a platter.

All this talk of “I don’t like this feature so no one should.” I just do not get.

> > > Honestly, what answer do you really expect to get in this forum other than yes.
> >
> >
> > <mark>I expect ‘Please Do’ therefore I will get it.</mark>
> >
> > Because Halo as it is today is NO WHERE near as good as it was 4 years ago.
>
> Seriously?
>
>
>
> Well I voted ‘Willing to Compromise’ because out of those the only real things I dislike are the Personal Ordinances, Perk and Support Systems, and to an extent Armor Abilities. They were fine as pickups in 3, but in 4 it seems… Off.
>
> After playing Halo 3 for a few hours today, I can say I honestly miss Halo 4’s Join-In-Progress. Yeah, it sucked to be on the receiving end of joining into a losing game, but nothing in H3 was more frustrating than having a 3 on 6 game - or worse - because most your team quit a minute or less into the match. JIP, if I decided to go easy on the other team because they only had one guy? Yeah, a minute later their team is full and handing our helmets to us on a platter.
>
>
> All this talk of “I don’t like this feature so no one should.” I just do not get.

Are you serious? Honestly, do you think I am the only one who dislikes everything 343 caked into Halo that further saturated the already comically lackluster gameplay? No. Just look around you. What was the Highest populated playlist today? BTB? How many did it have? Little less than 5000? It drops drastically from there, doesn’t it? Why is that Slyxeria? Because MOST of 343’s decisions on what was good for Halo 4 were poor choices, therefore, most of the people left. Just like with Reach.

JIP is great in all, but when the Bad overshadows the Good then it becomes problematic. If they’d limit the time frame allowed for someone to join the game before it becomes too late and will most definitely provide you with a game that is lopsided and in other words, “Not very fun”

Rookie, you hide behind numbers in most of your posts, and almost always, rag on 343’s choices without offering any of your own, aside from limited loadouts which made Halo Reach, in my opinion, the Halo with the least focused gameplay concept of them all.

You suggestions as far as “expansions” go just as far as that: “Expand” on Halo 2/3 gameplay. Do you have the ability to come up with any suggestions?

> > > > Honestly, what answer do you really expect to get in this forum other than yes.
> > >
> > >
> > > <mark>I expect ‘Please Do’ therefore I will get it.</mark>
> > >
> > > Because Halo as it is today is NO WHERE near as good as it was 4 years ago.
> >
> > Seriously?
> >
> >
> >
> > Well I voted ‘Willing to Compromise’ because out of those the only real things I dislike are the Personal Ordinances, Perk and Support Systems, and to an extent Armor Abilities. They were fine as pickups in 3, but in 4 it seems… Off.
> >
> > After playing Halo 3 for a few hours today, I can say I honestly miss Halo 4’s Join-In-Progress. Yeah, it sucked to be on the receiving end of joining into a losing game, but nothing in H3 was more frustrating than having a 3 on 6 game - or worse - because most your team quit a minute or less into the match. JIP, if I decided to go easy on the other team because they only had one guy? Yeah, a minute later their team is full and handing our helmets to us on a platter.
> >
> >
> > All this talk of “I don’t like this feature so no one should.” I just do not get.
>
> Are you serious? Honestly, do you think I am the only one who dislikes everything 343 caked into Halo that further saturated the already comically lackluster gameplay? No. Just look around you. What was the Highest populated playlist today? BTB? How many did it have? Little less than 5000? It drops drastically from there, doesn’t it? Why is that Slyxeria? Because MOST of 343’s decisions on what was good for Halo 4 were poor choices, therefore, most of the people left. Just like with Reach.
>
> JIP is great in all, but when the Bad overshadows the Good then it becomes problematic. If they’d limit the time frame allowed for someone to join the game before it becomes too late and will most definitely provide you with a game that is lopsided and in other words, “Not very fun”

My first comment was directed at “I expect it so I shall get it”. I fully realize most people disliked or outright hated some or all of the additions in Halo 4 - I was more in disbelief in how you phrased that. Maybe something more like “It’s more likely people will vote for this option” or something.

Reach was Bungie’s game though. It wasn’t the best (I still liked it though), but it was still theirs. 343i did make mistakes with Halo 4, but that doesn’t mean everything new added has to go for the next title to be good. Perks? Absolutely. Loadouts? Depends on who you ask. We all have different opinions on what Halo should be, and certain subjects like the Loadouts vs No Loadouts debating gets heated quickly, which is unfortunate since we should be a community and friends, not two (or more) waring factions.

Now that Loadouts have been introduced via Reach, it’s unlikely they’ll ever fully disappear. Doing so would, like with everything else, make some happy, some angry, and some wouldn’t care. That alone is why I voted for “Compromise” - because no single decision, no matter how well it was intended or how popular it is by the majority, will never please everyone at once.

> > > > > Honestly, what answer do you really expect to get in this forum other than yes.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > <mark>I expect ‘Please Do’ therefore I will get it.</mark>
> > > >
> > > > Because Halo as it is today is NO WHERE near as good as it was 4 years ago.
> > >
> > > Seriously?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Well I voted ‘Willing to Compromise’ because out of those the only real things I dislike are the Personal Ordinances, Perk and Support Systems, and to an extent Armor Abilities. They were fine as pickups in 3, but in 4 it seems… Off.
> > >
> > > After playing Halo 3 for a few hours today, I can say I honestly miss Halo 4’s Join-In-Progress. Yeah, it sucked to be on the receiving end of joining into a losing game, but nothing in H3 was more frustrating than having a 3 on 6 game - or worse - because most your team quit a minute or less into the match. JIP, if I decided to go easy on the other team because they only had one guy? Yeah, a minute later their team is full and handing our helmets to us on a platter.
> > >
> > >
> > > All this talk of “I don’t like this feature so no one should.” I just do not get.
> >
> > Are you serious? Honestly, do you think I am the only one who dislikes everything 343 caked into Halo that further saturated the already comically lackluster gameplay? No. Just look around you. What was the Highest populated playlist today? BTB? How many did it have? Little less than 5000? It drops drastically from there, doesn’t it? Why is that Slyxeria? Because MOST of 343’s decisions on what was good for Halo 4 were poor choices, therefore, most of the people left. Just like with Reach.
> >
> > JIP is great in all, but when the Bad overshadows the Good then it becomes problematic. If they’d limit the time frame allowed for someone to join the game before it becomes too late and will most definitely provide you with a game that is lopsided and in other words, “Not very fun”
>
> My first comment was directed at “I expect it so I shall get it”. I fully realize most people disliked or outright hated some or all of the additions in Halo 4 - I was more in disbelief in how you phrased that. Maybe something more like “It’s more likely people will vote for this option” or something.
>
>
> Reach was Bungie’s game though. It wasn’t the best (I still liked it though), but it was still theirs. 343i did make mistakes with Halo 4, but that doesn’t mean everything new added has to go for the next title to be good. Perks? Absolutely. Loadouts? Depends on who you ask. We all have different opinions on what Halo should be, and certain subjects like the Loadouts vs No Loadouts debating gets heated quickly, which is unfortunate since we should be a community and friends, not two (or more) waring factions.
>
> Now that Loadouts have been introduced via Reach, it’s unlikely they’ll ever fully disappear. Doing so would, like with everything else, make some happy, some angry, and some wouldn’t care. That alone is why I voted for “Compromise” - because no single decision, no matter how well it was intended or how popular it is by the majority, will never please everyone at once.

You’re starting to sound like a nice guy. But what this whole thread was about was the question: “Should they stay or should they go” kinda like the song by The Clash.

I was fully aware that I would get a lot of grief, but I am also fully aware that 343 made some nasty decisions that ultimately sealed Halo 4’s fate. Like it or not, There are things that SHOULD not be in a Halo. But I get a sense you might feel that too.

The problem is that Loadouts have had 2 games to make it right but it seems like they get worse and worse. Halo 5 (or whatever) will be the make or break for many more of the people who still play Halo or want to. I mean, the way it is looking, Halo will stay at the bottom with each release of a newer game. Unless 343 can make it right with the fans that made Halo the franchise it once was before it got saturated with unnecessary and very unwanted features, game after game.

> > > > > > Honestly, what answer do you really expect to get in this forum other than yes.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > <mark>I expect ‘Please Do’ therefore I will get it.</mark>
> > > > >
> > > > > Because Halo as it is today is NO WHERE near as good as it was 4 years ago.
> > > >
> > > > Seriously?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well I voted ‘Willing to Compromise’ because out of those the only real things I dislike are the Personal Ordinances, Perk and Support Systems, and to an extent Armor Abilities. They were fine as pickups in 3, but in 4 it seems… Off.
> > > >
> > > > After playing Halo 3 for a few hours today, I can say I honestly miss Halo 4’s Join-In-Progress. Yeah, it sucked to be on the receiving end of joining into a losing game, but nothing in H3 was more frustrating than having a 3 on 6 game - or worse - because most your team quit a minute or less into the match. JIP, if I decided to go easy on the other team because they only had one guy? Yeah, a minute later their team is full and handing our helmets to us on a platter.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > All this talk of “I don’t like this feature so no one should.” I just do not get.
> > >
> > > Are you serious? Honestly, do you think I am the only one who dislikes everything 343 caked into Halo that further saturated the already comically lackluster gameplay? No. Just look around you. What was the Highest populated playlist today? BTB? How many did it have? Little less than 5000? It drops drastically from there, doesn’t it? Why is that Slyxeria? Because MOST of 343’s decisions on what was good for Halo 4 were poor choices, therefore, most of the people left. Just like with Reach.
> > >
> > > JIP is great in all, but when the Bad overshadows the Good then it becomes problematic. If they’d limit the time frame allowed for someone to join the game before it becomes too late and will most definitely provide you with a game that is lopsided and in other words, “Not very fun”
> >
> > My first comment was directed at “I expect it so I shall get it”. I fully realize most people disliked or outright hated some or all of the additions in Halo 4 - I was more in disbelief in how you phrased that. Maybe something more like “It’s more likely people will vote for this option” or something.
> >
> >
> > Reach was Bungie’s game though. It wasn’t the best (I still liked it though), but it was still theirs. 343i did make mistakes with Halo 4, but that doesn’t mean everything new added has to go for the next title to be good. Perks? Absolutely. Loadouts? Depends on who you ask. We all have different opinions on what Halo should be, and certain subjects like the Loadouts vs No Loadouts debating gets heated quickly, which is unfortunate since we should be a community and friends, not two (or more) waring factions.
> >
> > Now that Loadouts have been introduced via Reach, it’s unlikely they’ll ever fully disappear. Doing so would, like with everything else, make some happy, some angry, and some wouldn’t care. That alone is why I voted for “Compromise” - because no single decision, no matter how well it was intended or how popular it is by the majority, will never please everyone at once.
>
> You’re starting to sound like a nice guy. But what this whole thread was about was the question: “Should they stay or should they go” kinda like the song by The Clash.
>
> I was fully aware that I would get a lot of grief, but I am also fully aware that 343 made some nasty decisions that ultimately sealed Halo 4’s fate. Like it or not, There are things that SHOULD not be in a Halo. But I get a sense you might feel that too.
>
> The problem is that Loadouts have had 2 games to make it right but it seems like they get worse and worse. Halo 5 (or whatever) will be the make or break for many more of the people who still play Halo or want to. I mean, the way it is looking, Halo will stay at the bottom with each release of a newer game. Unless 343 can make it right with the fans that made Halo the franchise it once was before it got saturated with unnecessary and very unwanted features, game after game.

Thanks, I try to be :slight_smile:
I try and understand both sides of an argument, but sometimes I don’t - that’s where I like to have some clarification from the side of an argument I don’t understand, preferably without being looked at with scorn because I don’t share their opinions on something. Doesn’t always happen, but sometimes when I say “I enjoyed Halo 4” I get less than enthusiastic responses… I don’t enjoy every aspect of it, but overall I enjoyed it. Just like I enjoyed CE, 2, 3, ODST, and Wars. I enjoyed them all.

I wouldn’t intentionally give you grief for disapproving of an idea, and I do agree some decisions in Halo 4 were less than spectacular, but I don’t believe that they’d all be better off gone. Some could stay with adjusting, some really shouldn’t return. I’d like to think that Loadouts, with the right restrictions, could return in Halo 5 without causing too much trouble - Perks on the other hand, just don’t seem to fit in at all and cause more trouble than good.

To get back on topic, I with full honesty would probably keep playing with or without Loadouts, Equipment/Armor-Abilities, and so on. So I’m not 100% if I’d be happy if they all got removed, or if half of them got removed, or if they all stayed. Somehow, I doubt they’ll all remain in the next installment though. Hopefully for the better.

We all love Halo here, and each installment brought something new to the table - sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Not everyone liked Dual Wielding in H2, not everyone hated the introduction of Loadouts in Reach, but it is safe to assume most everyone disliked (or hated) Perks in Halo 4. Some things can stay - with or without adjustments - since while we may not fully approve of its inclusion, we keep playing anyway. Other additions, clearly were not well received enough to keep using.

Well stated syl,off topic…lets try to be less harsh on each other here when our opinions differ.

I dont think they need to scrap everything since some people did like those things. Even if its a small faction of the fanbase.

No.

I’m very open to revision and a few removals here and there though.

Balances, tweaks, and nerfs (a.k.a. “compromises”) won’t eliminate the problems inherent in Infinity settings. All they will do is reduce the effect that the problems have. Tweaked sprint will still cause a separation between movement speed and combat speed. Balanced loadouts will still add Rock-Paper-Scissors factors into every engagement. Adjusted Personal and Random Ordnance Drops will still be random.

Halo 4 did do some things that I think could be done better (such as Spartan Ops, which is basically mission-based Firefight), but those things have nothing to do with Infinity settings.

With most games, there’ve always been things that people will hate. Whether it’s the absurdly weak Magnum in Halo 3, or the incredibly overpowered Energy Sword in Halo 2, we’ve all hated something.

However, instead of removing this hated feature, we’ve tried to fix it. We take the good aspects and set the bad ones aside. We revise them, we retry them.

Halo 4 had a lot of stuff worth removing, but much of it was also worth revising.