Would you be fine with remade maps?

The number of starting-day maps has progressively decreased with each Halo game. Let’s take a look at the stats:
Halo CE (PC Version): 19 Starting Maps/13 for Xbox
Halo 2: 12 Starting Maps
Halo 3: 11 Starting Maps
Halo Reach: 6 Starting Maps + 5 Forge World Maps (discounting the blank Forge World)
Halo 4: 10 Starting Maps (discounting Forge-World type maps)

I think the number of developer-made starting-day maps is getting too low, especially considering that Halo 4’s play-spaces were of questionable quality. Now, the recent history of 343i has shown that they are willing to collaborate with other companies such as Certain Affinity to produce Halo content. Would you, the community, be okay with 343i or Halo-affiliated companies remastering and potentially redesigning previously made maps to boost the map count for upcoming Halos?

Personally, I would encourage them to do so. They could choose maps to redo based on community poll or voting statistics from the games. It would also be nice for them to potentially include a remade map with each map pack for a slightly increased price or periodically release a free one (Cold Storage, anyone?).

i rather want 10 excellent maps instead of 15 ok maps, but the problem was that all the maps in halo 4 were ok and some was just bad. as you said about remastering some maps then giving them as fre dlc will be good,
but i want the game itself too have maps that 343 only created so they can show that they can actually creat excellent maps.

> i rather want 10 excellent maps instead of 15 ok maps, but the problem was that all the maps in halo 4 were ok and some was just bad. as you said about remastering some maps then giving them as fre dlc will be good,
> but i want the game itself too have maps that 343 only created so they can show that they can actually creat excellent maps.

Sorry if it was unclear, there would be original maps as well as remade maps. This way 343i could focus on making their original 10 or so maps while other companies remake previous ones to boost the map count for variety.

> Sorry if it was unclear, there would be original maps as well as remade maps. This way 343i could focus on making their original 10 or so maps while other companies remake previous ones to boost the map count for variety.

oh i see, that would be cool

I think that 1 out of 10 maps being a remake is fine. Hopefully we get some quality maps this go around!

Classic BTB remakes like Hemorrhage? Sure. An open field is an open field, it’ll always be good for vehicle play.

Infantry maps? No. Put simply, they were designed from the ground up, and went through months of testing and tweaking, for the engine and mechanics of one particular game. Remade infantry maps never play as well as they did originally. I’d much rather 343 built new maps from scratch.

If it’s yet another remake or spiritual successor to Blood Gulch…then no.

It depends.

If the amount of remakes at launch exceeds 25%, then no. And if they are remakes of maps that have already been remade before, also no. However, there are some maps in previous games that deserve the remake that they’ve never had.

If we had more aesthetic options in Forge, it would put the nail in the coffin for remake arguments.

Anyways, I wouldn’t really mind remakes. Still, they could do better.

Seeing Blood Gulch over and over again is making it feel very tired and worn-out. I hope we don’t see it again as its own map (but if someone feels like forging it, that’d be okay).

But anyway, remakes are welcome so long as there’s not too many of them. I really want to see Haven and Guardian with the full Xbone treatment, although the MCC will help with that to a degree. Some maps will look just too good to resist remade.

If sprint is in Halo 5: Guardians, then many of our favorite makes from the original trilogy will not make it. Sprinting on those maps would ruin the basic gameplay mechanics that we know and love.

> If it’s yet another remake or spiritual successor to Blood Gulch…then no.

You know you want it really.

> > If it’s yet another remake or spiritual successor to Blood Gulch…then no.
>
> You know you want it really.

As long as they call it Curious Gorge, fine.