Would this be a good idea?

I liked how we wee able to use our multi-player Spartan in the campaign mode in reach; however, I didn’t like how our Spartans were forced to use the DMR/AR in cut-scenes, the beginning of levels, and service records.

So, how about this: in the next game, let us choose what weapons (and armor abilites if they are going to be in it) we start out with and have those be the weapons we hold in each opening level cut-scene (or rally point if you start on one) and have the last weapon(s) we had picked up be in the rest of the cut-scenes in the level (like in Halo 2). Heck, go even further and make it a full custom game (achievements would not be acquired if any settings other than a custom starting load-out (damage done/taken, unlimited ammo/bottomless clip, etc.) are made).

For multi-player, we should get to choose what weapon(s) our spartan/elite is/are holding in our service record. That weapon would only be used for display purposes and would not affect our starting weapon(s) in any matchmaking playlist/game-type.

What are your thoughts on this?
-Mephlis

sounds like a great idea

> sounds like a great idea

Yeah, the only problem I see in this is the fact that you can’t have a character interact with a player in certain ways. Like when Jun gave us a sniper clip, it wouldn’t have made sense if N6 had a Shotgun or Grenade Launcher.

yeah, that would be a really cool idea. however, i think that it’d be pretty hard to balance maps to fit all weapon choices. like, could you imagine doing nightfall with only short-ranged weapons (actually, that’d be pretty awesome, like a stealth mission, but thats besides the point).

i’d really like to change the weapon my spartan holds in the pre/post game image, though. i never liked the DMR, and holding a rocket launcher would be awesome.

> yeah, that would be a really cool idea. however, i think that it’d be pretty hard to balance maps to fit all weapon choices. like, could you imagine doing nightfall with only short-ranged weapons (actually, that’d be pretty awesome, like a stealth mission, but thats besides the point).
>
> i’d really like to change the weapon my spartan holds in the pre/post game image, though. i never liked the DMR, and holding a rocket launcher would be awesome.

Well level design wouldn’t change. it’s just another choice of what kind of experience the player wants.

for example: I ditch the sniper and use the shotgun in nightfall and have much more fun than I have using the sniper. Some people use the sniper the whole time or became ninjas and did the stealth run that 343 showed us. As I said, it all comes down to what kind of experience we want.