Would the Gravmind remember?

Just had a thought, if the flood/gravemind returned in halo 5/xbox one would it remember the Master Chief and what he did by blowing him/them up?

If so I think that would be an awkward conversation after 5 years
“So ya, you blew me up…-Yoink-” GM to MC

Anyone got some good insight on this matter?

Yes, it would remember. All the Graveminds share the same memories.

Yes, Graveminds(And Keyminds) all share a single consciousness and memory even throughout time and space. Even when there are multiple at the same time. The Halo 2/3 Gravemind had memories dating back to the Forerunner-Flood War and probably had memories dating way back to the era of the Precursors.

Thank you DecepticonCobra and JJAB91 your answers confirmed my suspicions :slight_smile:

“I am a timeless chorus.”

I wonder how that works though. With the Array firing. No more flood or domain…

Weird…

> Yes, it would remember. All the Graveminds share the same memories.

Yeah, ouch time.

Come to think of it, the fact that the Flood share a single memory that stays intact even after the coordinating Gravmemind/Keymind is destroyed makes me suspect that the Domain is still existent.

So if you want to learn more about a hundred billion years history, ask the nearest Flood form.

> I wonder how that works though. With the Array firing. No more flood or domain…
>
> Weird…

There should be plenty of Flood left over. The Forerunner kept all kinds of Flood alive to study and unless they destroyed them sometime between the end of the Forerunner Saga and the Modern Era, there should be about 10 Gravemind’s still locked up on Installation 07.

> > I wonder how that works though. With the Array firing. No more flood or domain…
> >
> > Weird…
>
> There should be plenty of Flood left over. The Forerunner kept all kinds of Flood alive to study and unless they destroyed them sometime between the end of the Forerunner Saga and the Modern Era, <mark>there should be about 10 Gravemind’s still locked up on Installation 07</mark>.

That many?

> Yes, it would remember. All the Graveminds share the same memories.

Then why didn’t the Gravemind in the trilogies mention anything about the Forerunner’s uprising, or the humans being tested for the Mantle, or even SLIGHTLY bother to talk about the existence of say, the freaking PRECURSORS? Makes me so confused,

(NOTE: I am not taking it out on you Cobra, even though it looks like it, I’m merely speculating. Just making sure nobody thinks I’m trying to be a -Yoink- here.

> > Yes, it would remember. All the Graveminds share the same memories.
>
> Then why didn’t the Gravemind in the trilogies mention anything about the Forerunner’s uprising, or the humans being tested for the Mantle, or even SLIGHTLY bother to talk about the existence of say, the freaking PRECURSORS? Makes me so confused,
>
> (NOTE: I am not taking it out on you Cobra, even though it looks like it, I’m merely speculating. Just making sure nobody thinks I’m trying to be a -Yoink!- here.

I guess it just wasn’t the right time to say something. Either that or it was just because Bungie had not created that information at that time.

> > > I wonder how that works though. With the Array firing. No more flood or domain…
> > >
> > > Weird…
> >
> > There should be plenty of Flood left over. The Forerunner kept all kinds of Flood alive to study and unless they destroyed them sometime between the end of the Forerunner Saga and the Modern Era, <mark>there should be about 10 Gravemind’s still locked up on Installation 07</mark>.
>
> That many?

Yup. It’s mentioned at the end of Primordium, (Page 374), that the Installation contained the Graveminds which had been “deactivated”, whatever that means. Put into stasis perhaps? Whatever it means, it says “of which ten had already formed.

>
> Then why didn’t the Gravemind in the trilogies mention anything about the Forerunner’s uprising, or the humans being tested for the Mantle, or even SLIGHTLY bother to talk about the existence of say, the freaking PRECURSORS? Makes me so confused,
>
> (NOTE: I am not taking it out on you Cobra, even though it looks like it, I’m merely speculating. Just making sure nobody thinks I’m trying to be a -Yoink!- here.

“A fathers sins passed to his son.”

“I am a monument to all your sins”
-Mendicant Bias
-Gravemind

>
>

Maybe he didn’t think it was important/Bungie didn’t have that information yet?

For a while I had imagined that Graveminds’ memories were all shared from a central consciousness from really old Precursors who resided in Slipspace, since they retain knowledge from events without regard of time or distance between them. Crazy as it sounds, Silentium proved that the Flood can corrupt Slipspace itself. Additionally, Halsey’s journal included in Reach’s legendary edition suggested research in an AI data matrix that could be stored in Slipspace and expand indefinetely, carrying unlimited data. If the UNSC would ever be capable of doing so, it can’t be a leap of faith to imagine that the Precursors were at least able to at one time.

If time, space, and information can all be bridged somehow then I wonder: do the Flood/Precursors possess knowledge of the future?

> If time, space, and information can all be bridged somehow then I wonder: do the Flood/Precursors possess knowledge of the future?

The Precursors don’t predict the future, they control the future.

> > If time, space, and information can all be bridged somehow then I wonder: do the Flood/Precursors possess knowledge of the future?
>
> The Precursors don’t predict the future, <mark>they control the future.</mark>
> <mark>
[/quote]
</mark>
>
> To a certain point, they can’t control if we beat the test or not right?

> > > If time, space, and information can all be bridged somehow then I wonder: do the Flood/Precursors possess knowledge of the future?
> >
> > The Precursors don’t predict the future, <mark>they control the future.</mark>
> > <mark>
[/quote]
</mark>
> >
> > To a certain point, they can’t control if we beat the test or not right?
>
> That’s a good question. It would be pretty moot to bother testing humanity’s ability to accept the Mantle if their results were already manipulated by the Precursors.