Would it be possible to ever bring Halo 2 back online?

Since Halo 2 was decomissioned from Xbox Live since April 15, 2010, would you consider having Halo 2 brought back on LIVE? There are alot of games coming back from the original Xbox and I was wondering if Halo 2 would ever make another debut.

They would have to remake the game itself, you cant just simply bring it back online.

If Microsoft ever finds it to be profitable enough, yes.

We aren’t sure how 343i is going to run things in this town, but if it’s like Bungie, only three Halo games will be online at once, following trend.

It was at first, Halo 2, then Halo 3, then Halo 3:ODST.

When the Reach Beta came around, Halo 2 was shut down.

So…hypothetically if Halo 2 was under 343i’s control, Halo 3 would have to be took offline? Which would be totally screwed up.

That makes me think, if Halo CEA had it’s own multiplayer, would H3 be took offline?

And then, will H3 be took offline in the event of H4?

Running a bunch of these games at once is a lot of money.

> Since Halo 2 was decomissioned from Xbox Live since April 15, 2010, would you consider having Halo 2 brought back on LIVE? There are alot of games coming back from the original Xbox and I was wondering if Halo 2 would ever make another debut.

In an interview they asked Frankie if it was planned to do a H2 remake, he said that “its been on our minds for a while, but im not promising anything just yet”

If you ask me their doing the best campaign remake (h1)
and the best MM remake (h2)

> > Since Halo 2 was decomissioned from Xbox Live since April 15, 2010, would you consider having Halo 2 brought back on LIVE? There are alot of games coming back from the original Xbox and I was wondering if Halo 2 would ever make another debut.
>
> In an interview they asked Frankie if it was planned to do a H2 remake, he said that “its been on our minds for a while, but im not promising anything just yet”
>
> If you ask me their doing the best campaign remake (h1)
> and the best MM remake (h2)

Halo 2 MM was terrible, the auto-aim effect took most of the skill out of the game.

They didn’t shut down H2, they shut down all of original xbox service. It is still possible to play using Xbox Connect, although instillation is a hassle. The only games are MLG and FFA and the host advantage is incredible (more so than H1), but it’s wayyyyyyyy better than anything Reach has to offer, because that game blows.

> They didn’t shut down H2, they shut down all of original xbox service. It is still possible to play using Xbox Connect, although instillation is a hassle. The only games are MLG and FFA and the host advantage is incredible (more so than H1), but it’s wayyyyyyyy better than anything Reach has to offer, because that game blows.

Have you played Reach recently? They added a lot of good stuff. I’ll admit its not exactly that “Halo” feel, but its way better and more advanced than any other FPS I can find on the market right now.

> We aren’t sure how 343i is going to run things in this town, but if it’s like Bungie, only three Halo games will be online at once, following trend.
>
> It was at first, Halo 2, then Halo 3, then Halo 3:ODST.
>
> When the Reach Beta came around, Halo 2 was shut down.
>
> So…hypothetically if Halo 2 was under 343i’s control, Halo 3 would have to be took offline? Which would be totally screwed up.
>
> That makes me think, if Halo CEA had it’s own multiplayer, would H3 be took offline?
>
> And then, will H3 be took offline in the event of H4?
>
>
> Running a bunch of these games at once is a lot of money.

Thats not how it works at all, halo 2 ran on original xbox live and microsoft shut that down. When halo 3 goes down halo 4 and every other 360 halo will go down at the same time regardless of date of release.

Ahhhh -Yoink-.

I can’t believe I said what I did. -_-

You’re right. Carry on!

i hope so i got the xbox on april 16 and never got to play halo 2 :[

You wouldn’t have wanted to anyway.

I don’t doubt peak time at the last day of it’s online existance, EVERYTHING AND THEIR MOTHER CAME OUT TO PLAY. The MLGers, the HLGers, the super bouncers, the modders, the rude ones, the host booting bridging standbying ones…:frowning:

I hope so.

The Halo 2 servers are now being used for 3/ Reach. Halo 2 is never coming back online.

im a bit uneasy about halo 2 coming back, considering that the glitches and weird host connections were a fun part of the game, and id be deeply disappointed to see changes in the multiplayer… which would be inevitable

people would complain about superjumps and bxr, and all the other things which had a huge hand in making the game fun, so a remake may be inclined to remove them- and that would ruin it for me…

but if there was someway to simply connect Halo 2 to a new server without any issues (or leave the game completely untouched w/ an xbox 360 port) then that would be pretty good!!

But the shutting down of 360 live wont happen for a while. I believe microsoft wont have a new game console come out for a long time, there is so much stuff on 360 like netflix and other things, and there really is no need to at all.

I wish…

I bet they’ll do what they’re doing with CE and make an Anniversary in 2014 that plays with Halo 4.