would CEA override reach as new canon?

CEA is a new release, which means it has canon priority being new, to add 343 claim to have not changed the game then that means the story is still using TFoR as the main plotline and because order of canon is new beats old and games beat all CEA beats Halo: Reach in terms of canon? I dunno where I am trying to go with this but I though of it ironicly reading a reach hate thread on B.net

TL;DR

new canon > old canon

games > all other forms of media

CE uses TFoR plotline

CEA, 343 says is a better graphics replica of CE with modified reach multiplayer

(P.S. I may have got the signs wrong I was taught the biggest eats the smaller so “4 < 3” would mean 4 is bogger than 3)

-EDIT-
because people do not understand I will go through it again

CE is the plotline from the books, reach overode that cause it was a new game, CEA is CE updated and is still (to the best of our knowledge) based on the plotline of TFoR so because it is new and a game it overrides reach as being the most “up to date” i.e. new

does it make sense now?

I don’t see how either canons would conflict. Oh and BTW it’s new canon>old canon, and games>all other forms of media. I was taught like this the < is a crocodile’s mouth, and since the crocodile’s always hungry, it always eats the bigger number. So for example, 4>3, or 6<9.

TFoR = reach fell in a day and anything above frigates cannot fly in atmosphere

Halo:Reach = reach lasts a month and gets disgracefully owned by corvettes and PoA is on the ground while it should be in space

That is conflict

> TFoR = reach fell in a day and anything above frigates cannot fly in atmosphere
>
> Halo:Reach = reach lasts a month and gets disgracefully owned by corvettes and PoA is on the ground while it should be in space
>
> That is conflict

Since game canon>book canon, I’m guessing that Halo: Reach is the way to look at it. Plus Halo: Reach left off right where CE picks up.

The turds we call books are add-ons to the badass story the games. Bungie had every right to do whatever the hell they wanted, they owned Halo. And IMO, they actually improved the story of Reach, making them go out with a larger bang, even if the campaign was a piece of crap.

the covies outnumbered the UNSC ships 3 to 1 and they all had glassing ports/energy projectors. No matter what if your climate is gone and the landscape is being eaten in fire their is little you can do to stop it

And on another point you critisize TFoR for not being realistic when all the tactics the covies have, as keyes put it, is “diversion, deciet,brute force” (or something like that) so when a supercarrier appears on your doorstep that only leaves the Covenant with one tactic brute force so where is the 300 + ships why is it over a week after they run out of options the “invasion fleet” appears, still on august 30th. I am sorry but you cannot say they fit

> TFoR = reach fell in a day and anything above frigates cannot fly in atmosphere
>
> Halo:Reach = reach lasts a month and gets disgracefully owned by corvettes and PoA is on the ground while it should be in space
>
> That is conflict

Nope, no conflict there. Everything in TFoR that contradicts the game WAS canon and has been overwritten and replaced with the events in the game.

> > TFoR = reach fell in a day and anything above frigates cannot fly in atmosphere
> >
> > Halo:Reach = reach lasts a month and gets disgracefully owned by corvettes and PoA is on the ground while it should be in space
> >
> > That is conflict
>
> Nope, no conflict there. Everything in TFoR that contradicts the game WAS canon and has been overwritten and replaced with the events in the game.

But why? You are destroying three books in the proccess, your telling me I should either don’t give a BLAM (Which I do because I’m here.) Or that the books are crap, which they aren’t.

> > > TFoR = reach fell in a day and anything above frigates cannot fly in atmosphere
> > >
> > > Halo:Reach = reach lasts a month and gets disgracefully owned by corvettes and PoA is on the ground while it should be in space
> > >
> > > That is conflict
> >
> > Nope, no conflict there. Everything in TFoR that contradicts the game WAS canon and has been overwritten and replaced with the events in the game.
>
> But why? You are destroying three books in the proccess, your telling me I should either don’t give a BLAM (Which I do because I’m here.) Or that the books are crap, which they aren’t.

The books are being destroyed? Looks at his collection on his bookshelf They look in-tact to me.

> CEA is CE updated and is still (to the best of our knowledge) based on the plotline of TFoR so because it is new and a game it overrides reach as being the most “up to date” i.e. new

The Flood is based off of CE, not CE is based off the Fall of Reach.

Since nothing in Halo: Reach conflicts with Halo: CE, you’re at a lose.

> > CEA is CE updated and is still (to the best of our knowledge) based on the plotline of TFoR so because it is new and a game it overrides reach as being the most “up to date” i.e. new
>
> The Flood is based off of CE, not CE is based off the Fall of Reach.
>
> Since nothing in Halo: Reach conflicts with Halo: CE, you’re at a lose.

QFT. The OP makes the assumption that because Reach conflicts with TFoR, it must conflict with CE. In reality, Reach melds just as well with CE as TFoR, it’s just that they don’t meld well with each other. In addition, TFoR states that Elite blood is green*, when in every other depiction it is obviously purple, so not even it meshes perfectly with CE.

*knowledge gained from this Halopedia page.

> CE is the plotline from the books, reach overode that cause it was a new game, CEA is CE updated and is still (to the best of our knowledge) based on the plotline of TFoR so because it is new and a game it overrides reach as being the most “up to date” i.e. new
>
> does it make sense now?

Nothing in Halo Reach conflicts with Halo CE. IN addition, CE was not “based on the plotline of TFoR”. The Fall of Reach was commissioned by Microsoft and written by Eric Nylund.

Reach fits perfectly fine with every halo games cannon, To my knowledge, people are complaining that reach doesnt go with the books cannon, and since both reach and cea dont conflict it doesnt effect that argument at all.

Sighs I am not trying to argue one way or the other. The whole point of this thread was because H:CE continnues TFoR stoyline i.e. covies were on reach for a day (I am sure it is mentiones by Keyes in the first level). sighs again ok, I think I know how to explain it:

So if in H:CEA campaign the crew of the PoA keep referencing that Reach fell in a day, would it override reach as having fit both canon priorities?

CE isntb ased off of Reach, CEA is just a CE remake nothign mroe nothign less.

> Sighs I am not trying to argue one way or the other. The whole point of this thread was because H:CE continnues TFoR stoyline i.e. covies were on reach for a day (I am sure it is mentiones by Keyes in the first level). sighs again ok, I think I know how to explain it:
>
> So if in H:CEA campaign the crew of the PoA keep referencing that Reach fell in a day, would it override reach as having fit both canon priorities?

Keys says nothing about reach in halo CE so the games do not conflict in any way.

Also the crew and the marines never bring it up either

About the post below me yea I remember that line now but I think thats the only time Reach is mentioned and if it was talked about any where else no details are revealed so the answer is still no Halo CEA and Halo reach do not conflict.

A quote from Cortana, “…get here first? The Covenant ships have always been faster. As for tracking us all the way from Reach, at light speed my maneuvering options were limited.”

That was from about 43 seconds into the opening cutscene, link. From what I remember this is the only mention of Reach in Halo: CE, I can’t say for certain but I doubt any of the marines mention Reach in their chatter. Even though Halo: Reach changed some things from TfoR, it leads perfectly into the opening of Halo: CE. I’m sure CEA can and will be the same as the story in CE.

> Sighs I am not trying to argue one way or the other. The whole point of this thread was because H:CE continnues TFoR stoyline i.e. covies were on reach for a day (I am sure it is mentiones by Keyes in the first level). sighs again ok, I think I know how to explain it:
>
> So if in H:CEA campaign the crew of the PoA keep referencing that Reach fell in a day, would it override reach as having fit both canon priorities?

They never mentioned anything at all from TFoR except for the fact that they just got away from reach. Which happened on halo reach too.

For the 5th time let me try to re-iterate this: If for some reason CEA and Halo: Reach clashed, for example Zealot Feild masters being gold and having “minor” armour instead of the maroon armour seen in reach. Which would take canon priority? Hopefully now you can understand what I am trying to say sighs crosses fingures

Since canon relies on a foundation and Halo:CE is without a doubt halo’s foundation, then any event or object in Halo:CE would take precedence over Reach.

That being said, any reference that would take sides on the Books vs Games argument, such as a reference to TFoR or Reach that wasn’t originally in Halo:CE would stir up some controversy.