Would anyone like 343i to go even deeper with medals?

One of my favorite things in Halo are the multiplayer medals you earn for doing certain things. My friends and I love comparing, I love getting rare ones, and my friends and I even “race” on some to see who can get the most sometimes.

Anyway, Reach added quite a few new ones and I’d personally like to see this trend continue.

One of the suggestions my friend threw out there were medals based on streaks for each vehicle (or weapon). For instance, having a different medal for getting 10 kills in a row with a ghost versus say a wraith.

Or how about 10 headshots in a row with the battle rifle versus the covenant carbine?

Thoughts and/or further suggestions?

Personally, I disliked a lot of the new medals. Many of them are pointless.

I think that they have already added more medals to suit fans like you. I also believe that added individual medals for every single detail of the game could get rather tedious and annoying. The next step from this would be getting a medal for how far you walk with your spartan in one life.

The main point I am making is that you will begin to be rewarded for rather stupid things. I still believe that there are enough medals to keep people like you entertained =]

If anything they should remove medals. There were WAY to many in Reach. Many of them were pointless. They felt tacked on as if bungie just wanted to add more medals for the heck of it

I agree there are many that could be removed. I mean, do we need a headshot medal and another medal for a headshot while the enemy was running? No.

But I do think adding things like streaks with different weapons/vehicles could be cool.

> I think that they have already added more medals to suit fans like you. I also believe that added individual medals for every single detail of the game could get rather tedious and annoying. The next step from this would be getting a medal for how far you walk with your spartan in one life.
>
> The main point I am making is that you will begin to be rewarded for rather stupid things. I still believe that there are enough medals to keep people like you entertained =]

Pretty much this. While having some new medals will be nice, you can’t go into too much detail or else we’ll just start to get overwhelmed with useless medals that nobody cares about. To be honest, I don’t care if the person got headshots with a pistol or with a BR, but having a heatshot spree would be kind of cool.

Yea, I hope we get a medal for every shot fired and every step taken.

That would be awesome! we would have so many medals!!!

Sigh - why do people have to turn everything into a negative on forums like this? I think it’s very clear what I was stating versus adding 300 medals to the game.

> Sigh - why do people have to turn everything into a negative on forums like this? I think it’s very clear what I was stating versus adding 300 medals to the game.

I don’t believe that we turned this thread into a negative one, I believe we were all just stating our opinions. This is actually one of the more civil threads that I have been a part of. And if it was my post that has left you feeling this way, I apologize, but I meant no harm by it.

Oh - wasn’t referring to yours. More to having a medal for walking. :wink:

And you’re right, this is rather civil for change. I never understood why the forums for the major games were such a cesspool most of the time.

I’m not a fan of new medals. Some of them are ridiculously insane for matchmaking such as the Corrected medal. Bring back all Halo 3 medals and a few Reach medals like Sunday Driver.

Reach does have a few pointless medals. But it also has a lot of good ones which I think should stay. Personally I like the indication of getting a headshot. Close Call… not too bothered about… you could die straight after receiving it anyway. Similar argument for Protector, despite my opinion of it as a cool concept. Avenged… not too bothered about (doesn’t seem to work properly). I like weapon sprees, but we shouldn’t have sprees for every weapon though, that would be a little ridiculous. :S

> > I think that they have already added more medals to suit fans like you. I also believe that added individual medals for every single detail of the game could get rather tedious and annoying. The next step from this would be getting a medal for how far you walk with your spartan in one life.
> >
> > The main point I am making is that you will begin to be rewarded for rather stupid things. I still believe that there are enough medals to keep people like you entertained =]
>
> Pretty much this. While having some new medals will be nice, you can’t go into too much detail or else we’ll just start to get overwhelmed with useless medals that nobody cares about. To be honest, I don’t care if the person got headshots with a pistol or with a BR, but having a heatshot spree would be kind of cool.

Headshot medal for 15 headshots should be, “Melon Masher”…

> > > I think that they have already added more medals to suit fans like you. I also believe that added individual medals for every single detail of the game could get rather tedious and annoying. The next step from this would be getting a medal for how far you walk with your spartan in one life.
> > >
> > > The main point I am making is that you will begin to be rewarded for rather stupid things. I still believe that there are enough medals to keep people like you entertained =]
> >
> > Pretty much this. While having some new medals will be nice, you can’t go into too much detail or else we’ll just start to get overwhelmed with useless medals that nobody cares about. To be honest, I don’t care if the person got headshots with a pistol or with a BR, but having a heatshot spree would be kind of cool.
>
> Headshot medal for 15 headshots should be, “Melon Masher”…

^THAT’s what I’m talking about. 15 headshots in a row and you get something unique like Melon Masher.

How about 10 kills in a row with the Ghost called “BOO!”

I’m talking about maybe adding at a maximum like 10-15 medals. Meanwhile, they could remove a good 10-20 of the meaningless ones from Reach.

I want a Cheney mania medal for betraying your team-mates. J.K. betraying is bad.

I personally don’t want too many medals. Then it feels like you get rewarded for EVERYTHING you do. I think its more rewarding getting a medal when you know its harder to get.

It’s nothing wrong with more medals…

> I want a Cheney mania medal for betraying your team-mates. J.K. betraying is bad.

Thats funny.

I’m impartial to making vehicle specific kill streak medals like there are for shotguns and sniper rifles. It would be nice to have a medal for destroying enemy vehicles though.

Of course. More medals how about a medal for losing, a medalfor going 0 - 15 in stead of 15 - 0. Or a medal for getting t-bagged the most. Honestly reach had over 9000 medals I think we can tone down the medals.