Worthless Specializations?

Pathfinder - Reduced cool-down on vehicle weapon overheating + run with a mounted turret…

^ I Assume this does not mean I shoot faster with a tank/wrath, it only refers to the warthog turret?

Stalker: Icon for 5 seconds of person who killed you. 5 seconds to replace a perk?

Operater: Notification of ordinance drops

Pioneer:20% Bonus Xp when using it (does not apply to end game bonus so very small amount of xp) , might be useful in Spartan Ops?

Wetwork: Slightly Faster Assassinations, silent footsteps…that’s about it…

The rest, rogue, tracker, engineer have a slight purpose. Rogue being the best.

Wetwork if u use cammo you’ll have a blue outline on u if player b is useing pro vision

> The rest, rogue, and engineer have a slight purpose. Rogue being the best.

No, it works for your type of style… Just like all the other spec’s are useful for others game play styles… If we could even access our spec’s any more…

Pathfinder’s perk refers to all turret-mounted automatic weapons. It applies to the HMG, Plasma turret, Warthog Machine gun, Mantis autocannon, and tank gunner seats.

> Pathfinder’s perk refers to all turret-mounted automatic weapons. It applies to the HMG, Plasma turret, Warthog Machine gun, Mantis autocannon, and tank gunner seats.

So warthog turret (HMG), and…Mantis

> Wetwork if u use cammo you’ll have a blue outline on u if player b is useing pro vision

Not worth mentioning. They still see you.

> > The rest, rogue, and engineer have a slight purpose. Rogue being the best.
>
> No, it works for your type of style… Just like all the other spec’s are useful for others game play styles… If we could even access our spec’s any more…

Please explain why any of the above would pertain to one person? Besides Engineer and Rouge

I think you see them as worthless but I can see that other people have different play styles and those specs surely apply to them.

> I think you see them as worthless but I can see that other people have different play styles and those specs surely apply to them.

Explain why someone would want to use each of these.

> Explain why someone would want to use each of these.

Okay.

> Pathfinder - Reduced cool-down on vehicle weapon overheating + run with a mounted turret…
>
> ^ I Assume this does not mean I shoot faster with a tank/wrath, it only refers to the warthog turret?

It refers to the secondary turrets on Scorpions and Wraiths, the chaingun on the Mantis, and the primary turret on standard Warthogs. It may also affect detachable turrets (human and Covenant) like the one on Ragnarok, as the game engine considers those vehicles.

This is useful for people that play support gunner roles on heavy vehicles, as tanks’ primary guns aren’t often useful on close-up targets. Without a secondary gunner, a tank can easily be boarded by a sneaky player.

> Stalker: Icon for 5 seconds of person who killed you. 5 seconds to replace a perk?

Five seconds of knowing exactly where an enemy is and where they’re headed. In gametypes like Oddball or CTF, you could benefit greatly from knowing the path that the enemy is taking to attack your objective – call the path of approach out to your team, and you’ll be ready for the enemy when they arrive. This would probably be map-dependent, of course.

> Operater: Notification of ordinance drops

Allows easier interception of power weapon drops that an enemy has called in.

> Pioneer:20% Bonus Xp when using it (does not apply to end game bonus so very small amount of xp) , might be useful in Spartan Ops?

Good for rapidly advancing through other Specializations.

> Wetwork: Slightly Faster Assassinations, silent footsteps…that’s about it…

I’ve heard that it also affects how Camo affects the radar, but I’m not sure.

Fast assassinations prevent showstoppers, and silent footsteps are useful against highly-observant players and those with certain microphones that magnify all sound.

-.-
operator is for resisting plasma bursts in vehicles…

wetwork makes you invisile for PV also

that’s why i use it in all my classes

operator is a good spec… The wheel an perk really makes our vehicles a beast especially stacked with explosives. At least in my experience.

Also I heard there was a perk that let’s you see the location of someone shooting you. Which perk is this because I thought it was stalker so chose that today and realised that I will get some crappy perk that let’s me see my last killer for 5 seconds after spawning

> Pathfinder - Reduced cool-down on vehicle weapon overheating + run with a mounted turret…
>
> ^ I Assume this does not mean I shoot faster with a tank/wrath, it only refers to the warthog turret?

I love Pathfinder, running around full-speed with a turret is fun, plus you can jump/move out of danger while using it. It makes detached turrets actually viable. As for the overheating, it can really help when you’re in a hog/wraith/scorpion turret and you’re being shot at while you are overheated, it’s saved me on many occasions.

> Stalker: Icon for 5 seconds of person who killed you. 5 seconds to replace a perk?

Stalker can really help on smaller maps since you have instant respawn you can often get back to them and kill them before the marker is gone.

> Operater: Notification of ordinance drops

You have Operator confused with Engineer, Operator gives your vehicles more health and lessens the time you are EMP stunned from plasma pistols.

Engineer lets you see ordinance before they come up and is very helpful for hording power weapons in non-personal ordinance gametypes.

> Pioneer:20% Bonus Xp when using it (does not apply to end game bonus so very small amount of xp) , might be useful in Spartan Ops?

Pioneer was my favorite specialization and the first one I got. Getting about 500 XP more each match might not sound like a lot but when you’re only getting 2,500 that’s a large increase. In Spartan Ops you get an extra 1,000 XP per game.

> Wetwork: Slightly Faster Assassinations, silent footsteps…that’s about it…

Wetwork lets you have faster animations for assassinations, silent footsteps (believe it or not that really helps) and renders Promethean vision USELESS since you can’t see people though walls if they are using it. If you are not behind a wall they just see you as a green friendly shape, not an enemy. VERY helpful.

> The rest, rogue, tracker, engineer have a slight purpose. Rogue being the best.

Personally I find Rogue to be the most useless actually.

> > Stalker: Icon for 5 seconds of person who killed you. 5 seconds to replace a perk?
>
> Five seconds of knowing exactly where an enemy is and where they’re headed. In gametypes like Oddball or CTF, you could benefit greatly from knowing the path that the enemy is taking to attack your objective – call the path of approach out to your team, and you’ll be ready for the enemy when they arrive. This would probably be map-dependent, of course.

If somebody just killed you… you already know where they are. This is completely pointless.

> > Wetwork if u use cammo you’ll have a blue outline on u if player b is useing pro vision
>
> Not worth mentioning. They still see you.

You can’t be seen through walls.

>
> ^ I Assume this does not mean I shoot faster with a tank/wrath, it only refers to the warthog turret?Yes, you can walk with a detached turret. Walk at full speed with a detached turret more powerful than a SAW??!?
>
> Stalker: Icon for 5 seconds of person who killed you. 5 seconds to replace a perk? That 5 seconds can tell where that player has ran to.
>
> Operater: Notification of ordinance drops. Operator is for vehicles you @$$
>
> Pioneer:20% Bonus Xp when using it (does not apply to end game bonus so very small amount of xp) , might be useful in Spartan Ops? Spartan Ops or not, just let it add up and you’ll see that it’s useful.
>
> Wetwork: Slightly Faster Assassinations, silent footsteps…that’s about it… It also disables the other players from seeing you with promethean vision through a wall.
>
>
> The rest, rogue, tracker, engineer have a slight purpose. Rogue being the best.

I really like my Gunner perk; being able to job around effortlessly with a detached gun turret is fantastic. I get to help out in an anti-vehicle role in Ragnarok and I can assault the bases in Exile more effectively - I generally get a triple kill before I get taken down. A lot of players just aren’t used to the maneuverability and will assume that a couple of lazy grenade tosses will take you out.