Worth It?

I’ve played Halo Wars 1 when it came out, and really enjoyed it. RTS is my favorite genre, and HW1 was amazing for an Xbox RTS game. My question is, however, is HW2 worth it? I haven’t read too much on it (but I plan to), but I’d love another RTS game for Xbox. I played the early beta and enjoyed it, but I’m assuming it’s changed drastically since then lol. So, worth the money or no? Details for your answer are appreciated, lmaoo.
Also, like I said, I’m a hardcore RTS fan, so please don’t give answers like “if you enjoy/don’t enjoy RTS games, then this game is/isn’t for you”

I personally enjoy it so far. Though maybe because of all the achievements. Lots and lots of achievements.

If you enjoyed HW1, you will likely enjoy this one. It’s basically HW1 with more depth in every area of gameplay. However, if you are looking for an RTS on the level of SC2, you will be disappointed.

> 2533274972430429;2:
> I personally enjoy it so far. Though maybe because of all the achievements. Lots and lots of achievements.

> 2533274924073601;3:
> If you enjoyed HW1, you will likely enjoy this one. It’s basically HW1 with more depth in every area of gameplay. However, if you are looking for an RTS on the level of SC2, you will be disappointed.

Yes and yes! :slight_smile: Worthit!

> 2533274925210321;1:
> I’ve played Halo Wars 1 when it came out, and really enjoyed it. RTS is my favorite genre, and HW1 was amazing for an Xbox RTS game. My question is, however, is HW2 worth it? I haven’t read too much on it (but I plan to), but I’d love another RTS game for Xbox. I played the early beta and enjoyed it, but I’m assuming it’s changed drastically since then lol. So, worth the money or no? Details for your answer are appreciated, lmaoo.
> Also, like I said, I’m a hardcore RTS fan, so please don’t give answers like “if you enjoy/don’t enjoy RTS games, then this game is/isn’t for you”

Definitely worth it if you liked halo wars 1

Totally, good Sir.

How exactly you consider yourself a big fun of RTS without already having this game?

> 2533274925210321;1:
> I’ve played Halo Wars 1 when it came out, and really enjoyed it. RTS is my favorite genre, and HW1 was amazing for an Xbox RTS game. My question is, however, is HW2 worth it? I haven’t read too much on it (but I plan to), but I’d love another RTS game for Xbox. I played the early beta and enjoyed it, but I’m assuming it’s changed drastically since then lol. So, worth the money or no? Details for your answer are appreciated, lmaoo.
> Also, like I said, I’m a hardcore RTS fan, so please don’t give answers like “if you enjoy/don’t enjoy RTS games, then this game is/isn’t for you”

I would wait a couple of months balancing is still really bad units don’t listen 100 percent of the time and there is only 1 way to really play multiplayer right now if you want to win every game that all being said if you don’t care about losing a couple times a night to something that is basically unstoppable this games for you

> 2533274925210321;1:

not worth it, game is still under development, wait a year or so

It’s a must for RTS fans, especially those who like StarCraft. The leader powers are a nice addition to RTS gameplay.

it’s a great game. As someone said… if you like RTS why don’t you already own it :wink:

It’s a great game, like some have said there are still some balance issues that need to be worked out, but if you’re familiar to RTS games then you know that balance is a tricky thing to truly find lol.

That said, I love the tactical depth that HW2 offers. You have only two factions, but several leaders that make them very different from one another. There is loads of replayability, and in general is a load of fun!

Don’t listen to the people saying you should wait till the game is balanced to buy it, I guarantee the next big patch fixes the issues we’re currently having.

> 2533274927740213;12:
> It’s a great game, like some have said there are still some balance issues that need to be worked out, but if you’re familiar to RTS games then you know that balance is a tricky thing to truly find lol.
>
> That said, I love the tactical depth that HW2 offers. You have only two factions, but several leaders that make them very different from one another. There is loads of replayability, and in general is a load of fun!
>
> Don’t listen to the people saying you should wait till the game is balanced to buy it, I guarantee the next big patch fixes the issues we’re currently having.

Lol just like the last big patch was suppose to fix it oh that’s right it made it worse

> 2728966917066801;13:
> > 2533274927740213;12:
> > It’s a great game, like some have said there are still some balance issues that need to be worked out, but if you’re familiar to RTS games then you know that balance is a tricky thing to truly find lol.
> >
> > That said, I love the tactical depth that HW2 offers. You have only two factions, but several leaders that make them very different from one another. There is loads of replayability, and in general is a load of fun!
> >
> > Don’t listen to the people saying you should wait till the game is balanced to buy it, I guarantee the next big patch fixes the issues we’re currently having.
>
> Lol just like the last big patch was suppose to fix it oh that’s right it made it worse

JR rushes were a problem until the patch BEFORE Kinsano, and then the patch when Kinsano was released made them a problem again. I think this next patch 343 will hit that sweet spot where they’re a useful scout unit and not an all consuming horde of death.