Worst matchmaking of any Halo Game

So I just played about a dozen matches and only won one. The only reason my team and I won was because the other team resigned 45 seconds into the match. Between smurf accounts, bad teammates and rushes, this game is unplayable. I know 343 doesn’t care about the players they just care about money which is a shame. This game could be awesome if the matchmaking was actually balanced.

I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the game’s slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.

At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.

100% agree, all doubles matches I get paired with, teammate just rushes and loses all resource and quits, or just sits there and doesn’t participate.

This game encourages no-skill players to rush early.

> 2533274888721102;2:
> I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
>
> At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.

I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun out of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.

> 2533274810728844;1:
> I know 343 doesn’t care about the players they just care about money which is a shame.

Love it when people make statements like this. If anything recent months prove this wrong.

> 2533274829873463;4:
> > 2533274888721102;2:
> > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> >
> > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
>
> I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.

The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.

> 2533274963156747;6:
> > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > 2533274888721102;2:
> > > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> > >
> > > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
> >
> > I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.
>
> The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.

It’s mostly boring, if the player prefers to rush…I just get bored of it, move onto something else like Firefight or play a proper match with friends where anything can happen. People that like to rush in online games…are usually bad at the game. Anyone can rush…if they know the tricks. Of course someone rushing is rushing to get a quick win…
It’s funny that you mentioned CoD because I feel like that’s exactly what rushing is meant for aka those that don’t want long games for easy victories. I understand scouting…but there’s a major difference between scouting and trying to take someone out with 5 minutes of the game. It be no better than spawn killing in Griffball then telling them it’s a legitimate strategy.

I remember back in HW1 where I had matches that lasted a few hours because we thought with so many different combinations, it was exhilarating, yet I’ve never once felt that about a 10 minute rush match.

> 2533274829873463;7:
> > 2533274963156747;6:
> > > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > > 2533274888721102;2:
> > > > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> > > >
> > > > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
> > >
> > > I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.
> >
> > The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.
>
> It’s mostly boring, if the player prefers to rush…I just get bored of it, move onto something else like Firefight or play a proper match with friends where anything can happen. People that like to rush in online games…are usually bad at the game. Anyone can rush…if they know the tricks. Of course someone rushing is rushing to get a quick win…
> It’s funny that you mentioned CoD because I feel like that’s exactly what rushing is meant for aka those that don’t want long games for easy victories. I understand scouting…but there’s a major difference between scouting and trying to take someone out with 5 minutes of the game. It be no better than spawn killing in Griffball then telling them it’s a legitimate strategy.
>
> I remember back in HW1 where I had matches that lasted a few hours because we thought with so many different combinations, it was exhilarating, yet I’ve never once felt that about a 10 minute rush match.

I rush sometimes, sometimes I build core units. Rushing is not a simple quick way to win, its strategy. If you were champion, I would know. Rushing is actually very easy to beat with Suis, Marines, Heroes, turrets, you name it. Rushing in high level play GENERALLY fails.

If one can not fend off a rush you were simply out skilled. Nothing more, Nothing less.

DHG strongdog Your efforts are valiant, but I promise you you won’t persuade Ronnie of anything. He’s been at it for years.

> 2533274792402787;3:
> 100% agree, all doubles matches I get paired with, teammate just rushes and loses all resource and quits, or just sits there and doesn’t participate.
>
> This game encourages no-skill players to rush early.

tfw you solo queue and expect to win :thinking:

> 2533274830489835;10:
> DHG strongdog Your efforts are valiant, but I promise you you won’t persuade Ronnie of anything. He’s been at it for years.

I can :eye: that now :thinking:

As far back as i can remember not sure if warcraft came first or age of empires, but as it’s been said already every RTS i have ever played utilises rush tactics, you have to learn to defend the rush and realise that once you do break the rush, they likely have few units left, so try push him back to stop the inevitable map control. if you stay in your 1 base hoping to survive you will likely fail on probably continue to feel frustrated.

> 2533274829873463;7:
> > 2533274963156747;6:
> > > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > > 2533274888721102;2:
> > > > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> > > >
> > > > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
> > >
> > > I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.
> >
> > The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.
>
> It’s mostly boring, if the player prefers to rush…I just get bored of it, move onto something else like Firefight or play a proper match with friends where anything can happen. People that like to rush in online games…are usually bad at the game. Anyone can rush…if they know the tricks. Of course someone rushing is rushing to get a quick win…
> It’s funny that you mentioned CoD because I feel like that’s exactly what rushing is meant for aka those that don’t want long games for easy victories. I understand scouting…but there’s a major difference between scouting and trying to take someone out with 5 minutes of the game. It be no better than spawn killing in Griffball then telling them it’s a legitimate strategy.
>
> I remember back in HW1 where I had matches that lasted a few hours because we thought with so many different combinations, it was exhilarating, yet I’ve never once felt that about a 10 minute rush match.

Try rushing a 1v1 champ player or a champ team in 2s or 3s. If you get scouted your rush will be obliterated and you’ll lose shortly after. Likewise successfully rushing at that level IS an impressive feat and occasionally a smart move. There are so many moves that destroy rushes. Johnson bunkers+snipers, stun+mine drop, making suicide grunts or snipers, UNSC IF turrets, etc. Also saying that people who rush are “bad at the game” while having a 38% W/L is a little pot and kettle yea?

> 2533274852992145;14:
> > 2533274829873463;7:
> > > 2533274963156747;6:
> > > > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > > > 2533274888721102;2:
> > > > > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> > > > >
> > > > > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
> > > >
> > > > I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.
> > >
> > > The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.
> >
> > It’s mostly boring, if the player prefers to rush…I just get bored of it, move onto something else like Firefight or play a proper match with friends where anything can happen. People that like to rush in online games…are usually bad at the game. Anyone can rush…if they know the tricks. Of course someone rushing is rushing to get a quick win…
> > It’s funny that you mentioned CoD because I feel like that’s exactly what rushing is meant for aka those that don’t want long games for easy victories. I understand scouting…but there’s a major difference between scouting and trying to take someone out with 5 minutes of the game. It be no better than spawn killing in Griffball then telling them it’s a legitimate strategy.
> >
> > I remember back in HW1 where I had matches that lasted a few hours because we thought with so many different combinations, it was exhilarating, yet I’ve never once felt that about a 10 minute rush match.
>
> Try rushing a 1v1 champ player or a champ team in 2s or 3s. If you get scouted your rush will be obliterated and you’ll lose shortly after. Likewise successfully rushing at that level IS an impressive feat and occasionally a smart move. There are so many moves that destroy rushes. Johnson bunkers+snipers, stun+mine drop, making suicide grunts or snipers, UNSC IF turrets, etc. Also saying that people who rush are “bad at the game” while having a 38% W/L is a little pot and kettle yea?

Anyone can call themselves champ these days. Any type of attack can be ‘obliterated’ if the player is prepared…doesn’t change the fact that I don’t like or see much point in it, like I said the strategy is boring, of course the people who rush are going to have a higher W/L…half the people playing this game isn’t prepared for it. So you’re comparing my long term games to someone else who spends most of their times trying to find randomers who can win with a quick rush…if you say so. It’s like telling someone there gd at the game because they find a few gd games to boost their k/d in griffball. -_- (Unlike some people I would rather lose a match with a long term game for a fun match then deal with rushers that only care about their W/L…that have a habit of quitting when their rush fails)

> 2533274829873463;15:
> > 2533274852992145;14:
> > > 2533274829873463;7:
> > > > 2533274963156747;6:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > > > > 2533274888721102;2:
> > > > > > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.
> > > >
> > > > The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.
> > >
> > > It’s mostly boring, if the player prefers to rush…I just get bored of it, move onto something else like Firefight or play a proper match with friends where anything can happen. People that like to rush in online games…are usually bad at the game. Anyone can rush…if they know the tricks. Of course someone rushing is rushing to get a quick win…
> > > It’s funny that you mentioned CoD because I feel like that’s exactly what rushing is meant for aka those that don’t want long games for easy victories. I understand scouting…but there’s a major difference between scouting and trying to take someone out with 5 minutes of the game. It be no better than spawn killing in Griffball then telling them it’s a legitimate strategy.
> > >
> > > I remember back in HW1 where I had matches that lasted a few hours because we thought with so many different combinations, it was exhilarating, yet I’ve never once felt that about a 10 minute rush match.
> >
> > Try rushing a 1v1 champ player or a champ team in 2s or 3s. If you get scouted your rush will be obliterated and you’ll lose shortly after. Likewise successfully rushing at that level IS an impressive feat and occasionally a smart move. There are so many moves that destroy rushes. Johnson bunkers+snipers, stun+mine drop, making suicide grunts or snipers, UNSC IF turrets, etc. Also saying that people who rush are “bad at the game” while having a 38% W/L is a little pot and kettle yea?
>
> Anyone can call themselves champ these days. Any type of attack can be ‘obliterated’ if the player is prepared…doesn’t change the fact that I don’t like or see much point in it, like I said the strategy is boring, of course the people who rush are going to have a higher W/L…half the people playing this game isn’t prepared for it. So you’re comparing my long term games to someone else who spends most of their times trying to find randomers who can win with a quick rush…if you say so. It’s like telling someone there gd at the game because they find a few gd games to boost their k/d in griffball. -_- (Unlike some people I would rather lose a match with a long term game for a fun match then deal with rushers that only care about their W/L…that have a habit of quitting when their rush fails)

Sorry i don’t want to seem like i’m attacking you but not many people were prepared for anything when they first start playing, when i lost to a few games in a row to rushes i realised i need to assume every enemy will rush - including the AI in a skirmish, so ineed to be prepared for that while making my own army. If you keep losing to rushes, and keep doing the same build order, then it’s likely gonna be the same outcome, so switch it up and try something to counter the units you usually see rushing you.

I personally don’t like rushing but if i hope to get to mid game then i gotta deal with rushing

> 2533274829873463;15:
> > 2533274852992145;14:
> > > 2533274829873463;7:
> > > > 2533274963156747;6:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > > > > 2533274888721102;2:
> > > > > > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.
> > > >
> > > > The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.
> > >
> > > People that like to rush in online games…are usually bad at the game. Anyone can rush…if they know the tricks. Of course someone rushing is rushing to get a quick win…
> > > It’s funny that you mentioned CoD because I feel like that’s exactly what rushing is meant for aka those that don’t want long games for easy victories. I understand scouting…but there’s a major difference between scouting and trying to take someone out with 5 minutes of the game. It be no better than spawn killing in Griffball then telling them it’s a legitimate strategy.
> > >
> > > I remember back in HW1 where I had matches that lasted a few hours because we thought with so many different combinations, it was exhilarating, yet I’ve never once felt that about a 10 minute rush match.
> >
> > Try rushing a 1v1 champ player or a champ team in 2s or 3s. If you get scouted your rush will be obliterated and you’ll lose shortly after. Likewise successfully rushing at that level IS an impressive feat and occasionally a smart move. There are so many moves that destroy rushes. Johnson bunkers+snipers, stun+mine drop, making suicide grunts or snipers, UNSC IF turrets, etc. Also saying that people who rush are “bad at the game” while having a 38% W/L is a little pot and kettle yea?
>
> Anyone can call themselves champ these days. Any type of attack can be ‘obliterated’ if the player is prepared…doesn’t change the fact that I don’t like or see much point in it, like I said the strategy is boring, of course the people who rush are going to have a higher W/L…half the people playing this game isn’t prepared for it. So you’re comparing my long term games to someone else who spends most of their times trying to find randomers who can win with a quick rush…if you say so. It’s like telling someone there gd at the game because they find a few gd games to boost their k/d in griffball. -_- (Unlike some people I would rather lose a match with a long term game for a fun match then deal with rushers that only care about their W/L…that have a habit of quitting when their rush fails)

Ummm… only Champions can call themselves Champions, there’s a leaderboard you know that right? Like, if you or I said “Yea I’m totes a champ rushes = no skill cheese” literally anyone could look us up and see that we’re not champs, just liers. It is fine if you don’t like rushing, that’s a matter of opinion and preference. But you flat out said “rushing=no skill” which is a claim to a fact that happens to be false. Watch any Champion-tier gameplay (IE the most skilled players). What are they doing? Putting lots of pressure on their opponent(s), which you would probably call “rushing,” and if that pressure is too much for the opponent it snowballs into a rush or they, at very least, concede map control. Do you know what takes zero skill? Sitting idlely at your base building up twiddling your thumbs as you opponent(s) take map control.

Preparation for a rush is a two step process. #1, scout. I’ve ingrained scouting into my gameplay, but I could count on my hands how few people I’ve played actually do it before 4min in my last few dozen matches. If you get rushed and didn’t scout, that’s on you, because you lacked a basic part of the game. #2 Build counters. What are the counters? Generally snipers, AI turrets, and/or a leader for UNSC. For Banished generally suicide grunts, choppers/ghosts, and/or a hero. The rush comes, you catch it at a distance from your base, crush it, then retaliate. You agreed yourself anyone can obliterate a rush if they are prepared, you’re literally contradicting yourself. A no-skill rush is incompatible with being easily obliterated given easy scouting and prep.

Furthermore, I’m not comparing your “long-term” vs anyone’s “rushes only.” I’m pointing out the fact that you are:

  1. Unranked this season
  2. Have an all time top CSR of like Gold 3
  3. Have a win percentage below 40%
    You are making statements about other people’s skill, when yours by the looks of it are not up to par. Sometimes rush units are broken and rushing with them is OP, losing to that is just a matter of bad balance. That is not the case currently. Thus if you are losing considerably more than you are winning, and not even against more skilled players due to your CSR, you shouldn’t be throwing stones in the glass house that is your own skill level. Instead you should be reevaluating your own strategies and adapting instead of complaining about a basic part of any RTS (early game pressure). Failing to the same predictable rushes over and over complaining “omg no skill rushers” without adapting is poor skill on your part, not the rusher. I was rushed today by goliaths I scouted (raid camp on a colony base) but forgot about it while doing something else. RIP my base but he sacrificed his whole army (with mine fully intact) to get it and with good communication with my team we went on the offense, wiped 2 expos, and partially stripped a main while I rebuilt, and continued the pressure for a win. Patmac (Champ 2 in 1v1) went into ranked 3v3 (Onyx 1700 level) with a team of other champs, self destructed their bases right at the start as a challenge, faced a 3-4min goliath rush and still won.

So to recap:

  1. Rushing is not “no skill.” Effective early game pressure is not rushing, though you likely think it is because your build concedes to pressure and snowballs it into a rush.
  2. You shouldn’t be making claims about the skill-level of strategies when you yourself don’t play at an average skill level let alone a high one.
  3. Its fine if you don’t like to rush, that’s a matter of preference. Don’t think of this as an attack on your HW2 masculinity, consider it a conversation between the pot (you) and the kettle (“no skill rushers”).

> 2533274852992145;17:
> > 2533274829873463;15:
> > > 2533274852992145;14:
> > >

I respect what is said here. Rushing is a strategy. If you can pressure, you gain several benefits:

  1. You drain resources by hitting supplies and power. This is the most vital advantage you must exploit due to unfriendly grounds. Will a Grunt built from your base appear in your current conflict faster than a marine built from a base you are attacking? No. You cant win through pressure without sacrifice and so you cant rely on always killing their units as they will build more. You will fail just because he reinforces his own army faster. It takes more skill to rush than build a army with your thumbs up your -Yoink- than you may think just because you must micro enough to hold their army while hurting eco.
  2. A pressured opportunity for the aggressive is to expo. unlike someone defending, an aggressor does not need to spare units to . Even when playing aggressive, I continue to scout to prevent surprises. Because he is defending, he has less exspansion opportunities while i have simply 10 pop continuing to gather resources and/or cap nodes. I try to always exspand, just dont upgrade unless you dont need t2 or you a able to hurt their eco.
  3. When your aggressive, odds are your opponents newly built units will appear in combat to support their units. In many cases, playing aggressive in front of someones base will likely stop or hinder their ability to scout. This is not just a disadvantage for them but a whole other advantage for you. You can see what is built the moment they step out the Barracks. That being said, you don’t need to waste supplies to scout and rather build firepower to counter while you subtly change from T1 off the power and nodes capured around the map while your enemy tries to rebuild his damaged eco.

As you can see, aggressive rush play offers some great advantages. right now, rushes are easy to avoid, perhaps too easy in many cases when AI turrets come into play. If you are losing to rushing, try scouting more. 215 supplies for a Jackrabbit might seem like alot but it is a worth investment for a unit that can ride in and out of trouble easily. If you find that a bit much; Marines, Grunts, and especially Canon Fodder are great. Even if they die, they died for the motherland.

> 2533274829873463;15:
> > 2533274852992145;14:
> > > 2533274829873463;7:
> > > > 2533274963156747;6:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > > > > 2533274888721102;2:
> > > > > > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.
> > > >
> > > > The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.
>
> Anyone can call themselves champ these days. Any type of attack can be ‘obliterated’ if the player is prepared…doesn’t change the fact that I don’t like or see much point in it, like I said the strategy is boring, of course the people who rush are going to have a higher W/L…half the people playing this game isn’t prepared for it. So you’re comparing my long term games to someone else who spends most of their times trying to find randomers who can win with a quick rush…if you say so. It’s like telling someone there gd at the game because they find a few gd games to boost their k/d in griffball. -_- (Unlike some people I would rather lose a match with a long term game for a fun match then deal with rushers that only care about their W/L…that have a habit of quitting when their rush fails)

I’m going to put this as mildly as I can.

If I, of my team and I, can end a game quickly, we’re going to end it quickly. There’s no point of us sitting back for twenty minutes, allowing our opponents to build up, when we have already won. This will sound harsh, and I’m sorry, but the players that can’t hold off early game pressure are often not very skilled, and it’s boring to play against them. So it’s easier to just end the game early, rather than stretch it out for an unnecessary amount of time.

As a final touch, I would like to qoute the all wise BreezyStarfish (and also that guy Dark);

Long games are earned, not given.

> 2533274869891714;19:
> > 2533274829873463;15:
> > > 2533274852992145;14:
> > > > 2533274829873463;7:
> > > > > 2533274963156747;6:
> > > > > > 2533274829873463;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274888721102;2:
> > > > > > > I’m not a hardcore rusher. I rarely do it to be honest. Rushes don’t necessarily mean an instant defeat either. Hell, the games slogan was “Know your enemy,” so do some scouting so you know what’s coming before it’s at your front door.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > At one point, I felt that the game was unplayable; however, they’ve been throwing in many patches (very appreciated) and the game is getting better thanks to community feedback.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I think the point is rushing is boring. Don’t see the point in it, all it does make the match faster for a quick win/lose. It’s like we have all these units, somehow players love to think their gd at a game because they looked up a quick way to rush. I tried it a few times in the past, it just took the fun of the game, prefer a game where I get to adapt to different situations that could take up to 30 mins or hell even hours since I love the moments when anything can happen.
> > > > >
> > > > > The most interesting moments are usually in the first 10mins. Whoever micros the best, those who rush or fend them off, and the many builds early game are exciting. Longer games are typically spam and Leader Powers which is not always fun and micro become tedious to manage. I think all Champions that play 1v1 would agree to my statement. If you ever seen high 1v1 games? They are almost always rushing. Yet, these games are not short either. I played C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, ect and these games always result with rushing at high play. Just because someone rushes you, they are simply not using skill for a quick win. They can scout you out and discover your weakness or they balence eco to rush, assuming it will fail. Rushing is a major role in RTS and a game without rush would feel like another COD.
> >
> > Anyone can call themselves champ these days. Any type of attack can be ‘obliterated’ if the player is prepared…doesn’t change the fact that I don’t like or see much point in it, like I said the strategy is boring, of course the people who rush are going to have a higher W/L…half the people playing this game isn’t prepared for it. So you’re comparing my long term games to someone else who spends most of their times trying to find randomers who can win with a quick rush…if you say so. It’s like telling someone there gd at the game because they find a few gd games to boost their k/d in griffball. -_- (Unlike some people I would rather lose a match with a long term game for a fun match then deal with rushers that only care about their W/L…that have a habit of quitting when their rush fails)
>
> I’m going to put this as mildly as I can.
>
> If I, of my team and I, can end a game quickly, we’re going to end it quickly. There’s no point of us sitting back for twenty minutes, allowing our opponents to build up, when we have already won. This will sound harsh, and I’m sorry, but the players that can’t hold off early game pressure are often not very skilled, and it’s boring to play against them. So it’s easier to just end the game early, rather than stretch it out for an unnecessary amount of time.

Like I said…anyone can rush if they know how, most use it to get ahead. Nobody is saying sit back, let them build their armies. The sad part is people think their gd at the game because they can rush, it’s not much different to saying someones gd because they got their k/d up from spawn killing in griffball. Any gd player knows that they should be prepared to defend as soon as they can but let’s be honest rushing a game that took you a few minutes to load then having it end in about another 2 minutes isn’t fun, it doesn’t encourage players to try the many different strategy’s that can never happen if a game ends too early. What’s the point of having all these unit types if I’m only going to use the minimum to end a match in about 2 minutes?

Also like I said many people aren’t familiar with how to counter early rushers also how the hell would you know they can hold their own if you never let them? you don’t, what you said makes no sense. I’ve seen games where players have failed rushes and got completely destroyed, even seen games where games sort of did well, yet the opposing teams have been able to come back from what seemed like near death. So like I said earlier sure it’s easy to end a game early but I don’t because that would be a pretty boring match.