Worst Halo Yet? (my opinion)

Anyone else think this is the worst halo game yet. Some examples are the maps that are just remakes of each other and 343 saying it’s new or the crappy release with minimal arena playlist and an awful campaign we promised was going to be good with all the hype. I still play Halo 5 a considerable amount, mainly multiplayer and it just gets old to fast with the map rotation being awful (playing the same 2 maps 10x in a row). I also thought the Req system was a cool idea but I wasn’t too happy to find that Halo has micro transactions like mobile games. I rather pay for DLC and earn armors and helmets through achievements and reaching a certain commendation instead of all by chance. Gameplay also helps most new players which is good but veteran players that abuse the spartan abilities is extremely annoying. Spartan abilities was a bad addition with thruster pack to easily evade from danger, spartan charge for easy one shots, and ground pounds for easy kills. I’m ok with clamber since it allows the players to grab the ledges they just missed and get up to their desired position. I’ve only stuck with this game the whole time since it’s release only because it has ‘Halo’ on the title any other game I would’ve stopped playing already. I don’t absolutely hate Halo I’ve played halo since the second one but if 343 doesn’t do anything about it’s lack of content, story, and bland multiplayer I won’t be buying the next installment.

EDIT: Reading others opinions I have to agree with others that other Halo games were worse in some aspects. Halo 5 just isn’t my favorite but if you feel differently I’d like to see why others think it’s a decent halo game.

A lot of people agree. Halo 5 just seems lazy with the MP especially since 60% of the game is built around one game mode.

Other people disagree. Halo 5’s MP is a well polished and fresh take on Halo’s arena-esque team combat.

Disagree.

This is best multi-player wise, reach second.

Never said the multiplayer was absolutely terrible I just dislike map designs and the spartan abilities.

> 2533274849373843;1:
> > 2533274849373843;5:
> > Never said the multiplayer was absolutely terrible I just dislike map designs and the spartan abilities.
>
>
>
> Gameplay also helps most new players which is good but veteran players that abuse the spartan abilities is extremely annoying. Spartan abilities was a bad addition

Kind of a large part of the MP experience…

The multiplayer should of been BTB with Warzone, not taking the best qualities of BTB and then trying to make a semi-same mode with a few extra players and its own set of maps. It’s not that I don’t think Warzone is a cool addition, it just felt like there was already a game mode that featured these ideas which could of just been expanded on further.

> 2533274809541057;6:
> > 2533274849373843;1:
> > > 2533274849373843;5:
> > > Never said the multiplayer was absolutely terrible I just dislike map designs and the spartan abilities.
> >
> >
> > Gameplay also helps most new players which is good but veteran players that abuse the spartan abilities is extremely annoying. Spartan abilities was a bad addition
>
>
> Kind of a large part of the MP experience…

I still enjoy playing MP just dislike the introduction of spartan abilities

I agree 15%
i disagree the rest. I love halo 5, campaign and everything! The multiplayer matchmaking is the best I’ve seen! Yes, dedicated servers are a bit of a lie. But other than that, the game is perfect. Though the armor thing is annoying, you have to be lucky and be stuck with the same armor, and getting tons and tons of weapons. It’s annoying. Wish it was like Reach. ARMOR wise.

I think Reach’s multiplayer is better, but Halo 5 will be hard for 343i to top.

Now, story wise…? Oh boy.

You’re one of the few who think that OP. Halo 5 may have done some things wrong (lack of playlists, no split screen, story, etc.) but it also did a ton right (competiveness, free monthly updates, warzone, going back to halo’s roots, etc.). The Spartan abilities add variety and a feeling of badass-ness. Yah, some need to be tweaked (cough, cough, Spartan charge, cough, cough), but ultimately it fits with the gameplay. In today’s era of gaming, people don’t want to be confined to one speed and not be able to dodge out of the way. They want enhanced movement.

Got to disagree. Halo 5’s multiplayer is the best in the series.The forge is beyond that of any other halo(yes even reach). The flow of the game is outstanding, and if you have a problem with the controls, try a new sensitivity,or even a new control layout, maybe even disable a few settings like the ground pound. The campagian is not horrible, it’s actually somewhat entertaining. People just overexagerate becasuse, the story didn’t seem like the GREATEST THING MAN KIND HAS EVER SEEN, it was worthwhile by halo’s standards. While I might say content was rather lacking in the beginning, now it’s one of the most content packed games in the series. Now instead of hating on the game because, snort “fuc Fuc -Yoink- 343I, TH3Y CAN’T MAK3 A GOOD GAME, I DON’T KNOW WHY THEY EVEN GAVE THEM THE GAME” -snotty anti-reclaimer triology douchbag, provide feedback to them through well thought out sentences, and not just constant ranting that you hate this or that so much. Instead of making this community worse than it is, make it better. Make it what you thought it use to be.

no way. its much better than reach and 4

> 2535452735119343;12:
> Got to disagree. Halo 5’s multiplayer is the best in the series.The forge is beyond that of any other halo(yes even reach). The flow of the game is outstanding, and if you have a problem with the controls, try a new sensitivity,or even a new control layout, maybe even disable a few settings like the ground pound. The campagian is not horrible, it’s actually somewhat entertaining. People just overexagerate becasuse, the story didn’t seem like the GREATEST THING MAN KIND HAS EVER SEEN, it was worthwhile by halo’s standards. While I might say content was rather lacking in the beginning, now it’s one of the most content packed games in the series. Now instead of hating on the game because, snort “fuc Fuc -Yoink- 343I, TH3Y CAN’T MAK3 A GOOD GAME, I DON’T KNOW WHY THEY EVEN GAVE THEM THE GAME” -snotty anti-reclaimer triology douchbag, provide feedback to them through well thought out sentences, and not just constant ranting that you hate this or that so much. Instead of making this community worse than it is, make it better. Make it what you thought it use to be.

I’m ok with others disagreeing with me and not having the same opinion but there is no reason to insult others that don’t agree with what you think.

Nope… I give worse Halo to Reach, it had even worse friendly AI, and worse “ranking” system. H5 is a step in the right direction after H4.

The only thing I agree with in OP’s post is map rotation being awful…

11 Warzone games? Here’s 5 Escape from ARC and 6 Skirmish at Darkstar.

> 2533274849373843;14:
> > 2535452735119343;12:
> > Got to disagree. Halo 5’s multiplayer is the best in the series.The forge is beyond that of any other halo(yes even reach). The flow of the game is outstanding, and if you have a problem with the controls, try a new sensitivity,or even a new control layout, maybe even disable a few settings like the ground pound. The campagian is not horrible, it’s actually somewhat entertaining. People just overexagerate becasuse, the story didn’t seem like the GREATEST THING MAN KIND HAS EVER SEEN, it was worthwhile by halo’s standards. While I might say content was rather lacking in the beginning, now it’s one of the most content packed games in the series. Now instead of hating on the game because, snort “fuc Fuc -Yoink- 343I, TH3Y CAN’T MAK3 A GOOD GAME, I DON’T KNOW WHY THEY EVEN GAVE THEM THE GAME” -snotty anti-reclaimer triology douchbag, provide feedback to them through well thought out sentences, and not just constant ranting that you hate this or that so much. Instead of making this community worse than it is, make it better. Make it what you thought it use to be.
>
>
> I’m ok with others disagreeing with me and not having the same opinion but there is no reason to insult others that don’t agree with what you think.

wasn’t insulting you. Just quoting the average rant post on this forum

> 2535442377964386;13:
> no way. its much better than reach and 4

> 2533274816788253;15:
> Nope… I give worse Halo to Reach, it had even worse friendly AI, and worse “ranking” system. H5 is a step in the right direction after H4.

Agreed!

@OP I don’t agree with everything you say, but you make a lot of good points that I do agree with. Map design especially I think is the poorest by far in Halo 5 for example. The maps in H5 are just a joke… and don’t get me started on these remix maps… my god. Image if they tried to pass there forge and remix maps as DLC in say a season pass lol …I can only image the hated they would of gotten for that lolol

> 2656587637345384;4:
> Disagree.
>
> This is best multi-player wise, reach second.

Disagree with OP.

Agree with this post.

Halo 5 is the most balanced, competitive, and best looking Halo to date.

The game has much more to do now than at launch.

Warzone has also been a huge success IMO.

Not the best Halo game, but DEFINITELY NOT the worst IMO. That goes to Halo 4.

I don’t think Halo 5 is the worst. That would be Halo 4. However, Halo 5 isn’t much better. H5 had such potential, but is held back the most by the Spartan Abilities. The shooting and driving mechanics are solid. If they had stripped out the sprinting, the clambering, the thrusting, the ADS, and the ground-pound, Halo 5 would have been great. With all of that stuff in every playlist in the game, I have no reason to ever play it again. My last match was in November. I stick to MCC.