Worst Halo map of all time?

We’ve all got our favourite maps in Halo, from Hang 'em High to Guardian but is there a map in Halo that you loathe every time you play it?

For me it has to be Blackout from Halo 3 - I never found it fun and always saw it as an inferior remake of Lockout from Halo 2.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this counts, but I don’t really like Halo reach’s forge maps In matchmaking. I don’t dislike them for the map designs, but because all of the forge maps are just so grey and dull looking, at least the 4v4 forge maps are.

6 Likes

Yep this is what I was going to say too. I really don’t like the gray tones everywhere, but I also don’t like a lot of their designs either. If there’s one in particular that I despise out of the entire bunch, it is Eden Minor.

2 Likes

Halo Reach - Condemned. I have never liked the map. Even when the full, opened version of the map is played, everyone fights in the center with low gravity. Absolutely loathe the map.

2 Likes

Wizard - CE
And all it’s remakes. It too small and chaotic in my opinion, everybody spawns in each other’s faces. I don’t enjoy it at all.

3 Likes

All of the Halo 5 maps followed by the Halo 3 sandbox maps for 4v4 that they put into the ranked rotation. I’ve always hated those maps. But H5 was just so ugly and aesthetically displeasing to play it’s hard to get past that.

1 Like

Ah, mate. I am so pleased someone else hates these maps like I do. I like chaos on maps as much as the next player, but that map is way too small, especially for SWAT.

2 Likes

I totally get where you’re coming from as I notice the same thing just about every time I play on it too.

Also the full opened version as you say is called Condemned, the slightly condensed version (with the teleporters) is called Uplink.

1 Like

Hear me out and y’all get what I’m tryna say: 4v4 Team Slayer on High Ground. I absolutely hate that map.

1 Like

Asphalt on Halo Reach, the map literally kills you for driving too fast in vehicles, and it’s completely random. I’ve lost several perfection medals because of it.

1 Like

For me it’s either Midship in Halo 2 or Heretic in Halo 3 (which is kinda the same). Call me bad. It’s mainly the fact that you’re not safe in any corner from the moment you spawn. Combine that with the ridiculous people I get matched up against let alone teammates. In my experience it’s just an overall not fun time as at least 85% of the time I’m l either getting spawn killed, the enemy team gets the objective in what practically feels like 10 seconds, or even both in some cases. There’s the occasional match where my team actually wins or at least comes close but it rarely ever happens.

1 Like

I had some fun with Heretic in social playlists but damn, as soon as you enter ranked & that map shows up it just feels like all the fun is sucked dry from you. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

2 Likes

Assembly - Halo 3.

So bad that I intentionally uninstalled the map pack during Halo 3 so I wouldn’t get it. Always annoyed me playing MCC that I had to play it though.

1 Like

Uplift from Halo 2. Don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful, but there are so many areas that I wish to use, only to be punished for doing so. I have yet to win a single game on that map.