Worst Experience possible.

Was hopeful that the solo queue would be a bettet experience. I lose EVERY match grossly outperforming my teammates due to matching parts consistently.

Out of the 25+ games ive played i may have one 7. This coning from an upper tier onyx player even when solo quueing in the past. Ranked had become unplayable unless you consider dealing 3000 damage double digit assists and the least deaths to lose every game is fun.

What a joke.

Additinally. What few mstches may have beem fair ive had to play 3v4 due toneither afks or quitters. Thats 20% of the games (the few fair matches)

I’ve had streaks like that as a solo player and it’s not fun. What I found interesting though is that going through my short term game history revealed similar results, but when I counted them in the long term, my wins tended to be a little less than half of my losses. That’s what made me less frustrated because I realized losing streaks will happen, but I’ll eventually get the majority of my wins back. Might be different for other people, but that’s what I’ve found in my gaming experience. Oh, and I’m also referring to a social playlist and not ranked.

It’s the woes of a solo que Halo player I feel you.

Its normal when you play by yourself same thing happen to me some times thats why now i play ranked only whit a full team

> 2727626560040591;2:
> I’ve had streaks like that as a solo player and it’s not fun. What I found interesting though is that going through my short term game history revealed similar results, but when I counted them in the long term, my wins tended to be a little less than half of my losses. That’s what made me less frustrated because I realized losing streaks will happen, but I’ll eventually get the majority of my wins back. Might be different for other people, but that’s what I’ve found in my gaming experience. Oh, and I’m also referring to a social playlist and not ranked.

I want to agree with this so hard, but I feel unless you’re playing with a dedicated team, your win percent is going to plummet if you’re on the higher-end of the skill gap. I’ve noticed since TS2 came out that the randoms I get are well below…VERY well below, the skill gap for the match. Even if I do absolutely amazing, losing happens much more frequently because you can only carry so much. (26-10 ranked Slayer and lose :expressionless:).

However, playing as a full team results in absurd matchmaking times. So it’s either play without a full team to get and play matches faster, or isolate a better win percent but wait forever for those matches.

Yesterday i played the same four person team that included two champion and two Onyx ranked players more than five games in a row. I lost count after five. Today i had a similar experience, but i just stopped playing after three games in a row.

I performed well every game, but my teammates were almost always atrocious.

The more you play on this Trueskill2 system the worse it gets!

This “ranking system” is a joke. 80% of games either end in laughably one sided matches or I end up with team mates who know nothing but jump out in front of the same spot and die over and over again.

Play like you don’t have reliable teammates at all times and you won’t have to worry about this. This also means that you are going to have to be the play maker. Just because you have good stats doesn’t mean you did what was needed to win the game. KDA isn’t everything it just shows how much slay power you do where once an objective game comes up that doesn’t really matter as much. If the kills don’t come at the right time your not going to win an objective game no matter how many kills you get. I’ve seen countless games where the outslayed team won the game 3-0 ctf because they played the game right and the other team was just worried about slaying. Don’t be that guy is all I’m saying stat -Yoink!- over teamwork is what will bring down you and the team.

I noticed that I get a lot of arena matches where 1 team mate leaves the match at the beginning, straight after or during the game.
Most times I end up in a 3v4 match which is quite unfair. What really frustrates me are deserting team mates when noticing that our -Yoinks!- are being kicked. I hate to face overpowered team mates like everyone else but what I hate more is fighting an overpowered enemy team with 1 to 2 mates less or even solo.

> 2533274822252224;9:
> Play like you don’t have reliable teammates at all times and you won’t have to worry about this. This also means that you are going to have to be the play maker. Just because you have good stats doesn’t mean you did what was needed to win the game. KDA isn’t everything it just shows how much slay power you do where once an objective game comes up that doesn’t really matter as much. If the kills don’t come at the right time your not going to win an objective game no matter how many kills you get. I’ve seen countless games where the outslayed team won the game 3-0 ctf because they played the game right and the other team was just worried about slaying. Don’t be that guy is all I’m saying stat -Yoink!- over teamwork is what will bring down you and the team.

You act like people don’t play to their fullest during games. Granted there are people that don’t, but if I have to get 18 kills and 3 deaths just to win a freaking match, then that isn’t a “fair ranking system” that they keep throwing around. It’s a joke.

> 2533274805799247;1:
> Was hopeful that the solo queue would be a bettet experience. I lose EVERY match grossly outperforming my teammates due to matching parts consistently.
>
> Out of the 25+ games ive played i may have one 7. This coning from an upper tier onyx player even when solo quueing in the past. Ranked had become unplayable unless you consider dealing 3000 damage double digit assists and the least deaths to lose every game is fun.
>
> What a joke.
>
> Additinally. What few mstches may have beem fair ive had to play 3v4 due toneither afks or quitters. Thats 20% of the games (the few fair matches)

Dude, keep calm. Your frustration is bleeding into the rage post. We can all sympathize with how you feel. Just check what you wrote before you post, ok?

The new system is a lot more accurate in determining who your should actually play against. And playing solo slayer at your level is gonna be hard as is.
Btw, I’d call you a Diamond player, not an upper tier Onyx player. You were Onyx 1784 once, in the Fall 2016 Season. The rest was either mid to upper Diamond or 15k Onyx (twice).
And this is not me throwing shade at you, I’m just being realistic. Even at that level you could probably run circles around me in with ease :slight_smile:

It is my belief that if you go into a ranked team mode solo, you can expect a hard fight, especially at the higher end of the skill spectrum.
And now we have a system that will accurately match you, especially in team modes and ESPECIALLY if you run “Expanded” search preference, like most people do these days. Btw, I don’t. I always run “Balanced”, because I’d rather wait a bit more on matches, but have to deal with less lag or a lopsided team balance.

My advice, if you’ll have it: Try some FFA. It’s the most fun it’s been since forever and you can be sure that nothing but your skill and some occasional bad spawns will determine if you win or you lose.

P.S. Report the quitters and AFK-ers. You think it doesn’t matter, but it does.

> 2690096563139381;6:
> Yesterday i played the same four person team that included two champion and two Onyx ranked players more than five games in a row. I lost count after five. Today i had a similar experience, but i just stopped playing after three games in a row.
>
> I performed well every game, but my teammates were almost always atrocious.

Dr. Masko prescribes some FFA for you, sir. You might like it :slight_smile:

Here we are a week later i think and same nonsense.

Matching parties in doubles.

I thought yhis update was specifically aupposed to address that. It seems worse than ever and this experience has lost my renewed faith in this game

So you’re upset you’re matching parties in doubles? I’m not sure what you expect here. Most people that play doubles, play with, well, a doubles partner.

If you have questions about specific games, I’d recommend linking them in the weekly MM feedback thread so Dr Menke can take a look and explain things better.

Are party restrictions not a thing at all snicker?

Ive been around with halo fo the better part of…well…13 years or so ( more off than on in the last few) snd never before has thr mm system been so brutally against the solo searcher. Mu understanding is the update was specifically to address this.

Am i mistaken?

The update is supposed to make a solo team’s MMR greater than the party’s MMR, but there’s also other factors which can affect things. You could always ask about it here. That being said, in general, a party with communication is always going to have an advantage if the solo team doesn’t communicate.

I should also mention this which was in the Feedback thread that might apply to you in a less populated playlist.

> But I’m a high-skilled player and played a full party recently while playing solo, and we got stomped
> This can sometimes still happen in less popular playlists if you get “skill-capped” by the matchmaker. In those playlists, the matchmaker ignores skill above a certain level to make timely matches. If we don’t do this, even an all solo-player matchup won’t be possible at the top.

Look at my Swat stats: https://www.halowaypoint.com/de-de/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/service-records/arena/players/marauder%20xaxa
It says everything about the new System. TrueSkill2 is just bulls***. In the moment I played 26 games in Swat. I won 3 of it and one was a tie.
-_- super system… This is a winrate of 12%. I play only solo queue and before TS2 it was possible. Look at my stats from the last season.

As stupid as it sounds i got the validation i needed. The skill system can only do so much to insulate a solo player from the blight of matchmaking.

Easily rocketshipped into onyx with no real challenge outside of a 3v4 and a game with a deranker out of 10 games.

> 2533274842302174;4:
> Its normal when you play by yourself same thing happen to me some times thats why now i play ranked only whit a full team

It is normal. That’s why I prefer playing with friends or playing FFA.

When I play with friends, we lose on a fairly regular basis which is something I am perfectly fine with. Now, flip the switch and if I lose a game playing with randoms, it infuriates me like you wouldn’t believe