Worst direction for the story to go for you?

It’s no shock that many weren’t happy with the direction Halo 5 took the story. With Infinite, we nothing nothing about the plot. Hell, the only thing we have so far is the opening cutscene of the game and a tiny bit more. For you, what’s the worst direction Infinite can take the story of Halo? For me, it’s either making a new Cortana model that’s given to Chief and they are like Chief and Cortana in the OT or having Cortana become redeemed and returns to being buddies with Chief again. In short, I’m worried Chief will team up with Cortana (either redeemed or new model) again, and essentially the story goes back to the status quo. How about you, what’d you think?

I agree that reconcilliation with Cortana isn’t going to be a satisfying or interesting way to go. It could work depending on the resurgence of a common enemy as horrible as the Flood, but even then it will likely feel contrived and like an abandonment to one of the only really interesting things 343i has set up with Halo 4-5.

Is it my worst fear for the story? I don’t know. It’d probably be even worse if they tried to replace MC as the face of Halo again. I don’t think anybody would really hate Locke the way a lot of them do if he wasn’t supposed to be the Chief’s replacement for future mainline Halo’s, as it certainly seemed they were angling him up to be prior to Guardians’ campaign flopping on its face.

Bringing back the Janus key on top of the Created faction to continue to degrade existing AI. Then pile in the 12-14 characters in a 4 hour story like h5 … wait we are making this even worse? Okay make it a 2 hour campaign but 20 missions to confuse people’s expectations. Oh and have some sort of bs super halo that will end the universe or something but can be undone by love or other silly emotions.

adding in the foreshadowed second cortana from h4 wouldn’t be necessarily bad imo. The new cortana will act like hCE cortana and the old one will continue to be … whatever she is now in h5. Set up a scene where the two bicker and have Chief eventually realize that the new cortana will turn into the current cortana so when given the opportunity he destroys them both. It’s not great but I wouldn’t consider it bad.

Making it worse than H5’s story is the only worst direction for me

Cortana turning good again and staying alive. I’m actually okay with a last minute redemption where she sacrifices herself to make things right again, but she can’t continue after that. I never liked her being the bad guy in the first place, but now that she is bad, it’s too late to bring everything back to how it used to be.

The only way she could ever turn good again would be if Evil Cortana is actually just the Didact (or even the Gravemind) in disguise. But even then, that would mean Cortana has always been dead since her death in H4 and is never coming back. So either way, she can’t continue to be alive in the Halo universe imo.

> 2533274909139271;3:
> Bringing back the Janus key on top of the Created faction to continue to degrade existing AI. Then pile in the 12-14 characters in a 4 hour story like h5 … wait we are making this even worse? Okay make it a 2 hour campaign but 20 missions to confuse people’s expectations. Oh and have some sort of bs super halo that will end the universe or something but can be undone by love or other silly emotions.
>
>
> adding in the foreshadowed second cortana from h4 wouldn’t be necessarily bad imo. The new cortana will act like hCE cortana and the old one will continue to be … whatever she is now in h5. Set up a scene where the two bicker and have Chief eventually realize that the new cortana will turn into the current cortana so when given the opportunity he destroys them both. It’s not great but I wouldn’t consider it bad.

Oh yea, the Janus key was a thing for a little… totally forgot that existed honestly.

The worst way the story can go:

Chief loses his helmet and the UNSC doesn’t have the funds to replace it. Arbiter becomes an illegal weapons and armor dealer and gets Chief a new helmet, but he has to work off his debt. So the whole objective of the campaign is for Chief to pay off his debt by taking care of the Arbiter’s dirty deeds like killing people who owe him money or helping him make deals and steal from others.

Grand Theft Halo

The ABSOLUTE WORST way it can go:

Cortana has been in love with Chief the entire time and has gone crazy for him, which would be weird because of multiple reasons:

1. She’s an A.I.
  2. Not only that, but she’s based off of his surrogate mom, which is even weirder
  3. It would be creepy