Worst campaign in the series.

This game by far has the worst campaign in the series. Not only are the missions completely linear and keep pushing you forward and lack any exploration, but the AI is really bad. The Covies are dumber than they have ever been and the Prometheans are not fun to fight at all, with the crawlers’ only tactic being running at you and the Knights standing still and then running at you when they get mad, not to mention the annoying teleport they do that just gets them out of the fight and makes it so you wasted your ammo. What happened to having open levels with choices in how you want to engage encounters?

No. Campaign is great. Play it again.

how many other ways you need to shoot someone? and the AI is harder than any other halo iuno what u talking about them being dumb

I think it was definitely one of the more interesting ones. It was good. I can’t wait to see how the fix the… ending? If you’ve beaten it you’ll understand what I’m saying.

> how many other ways you need to shoot someone?

lmao, true!! But I still think that Reach had the most difficult campaign yet.

Great story I’d agree with the point that they lack exploration but there’s only so much of jungle walking I would wanna do before I wanna get to the story that kept me wanting to see more. I’d say best story of all of them.

Op, you clearly never played Halo 2’s crapaign.

> No. Campaign is great. Play it again.

I’ve played it five times. It is terrible. It is the most linear campaign in the series.

> how many other ways you need to shoot someone? and the AI is harder than any other halo iuno what u talking about them being dumb

The AI is terrible, if you shoot them at a distance they will stand still, and no they are not harder than any other Halo, this is by far the easiest to do on Solo Legendary.

> No. Campaign is great. Play it again.

wow, great argument there. thumbs up

> how many other ways you need to shoot someone? and the AI is harder than any other halo iuno what u talking about them being dumb

The AI being harder doesn’t necessarily constitute them being smarter. I think some of the enemies are harder in the sense that they have more health and therefore take more time to kill, but they are not smarter. Also, I’ve noticed enemies don’t dive out of the way when you try to run them over.

That being said, I really enjoyed the campaign. 343 deserves some credit. Multiplayer is another issue

EDIT: I do agree that they should have made the levels more open and less linear. That is why halo 1 ad 3 are my favorite

> Op, you clearly never played Halo 2’s crapaign.

At least Halo 2 had AI that wasn’t completely brain dead and it had some fun encounters.

Reach’s campaign holds that title, IMO. Halo 4’s campaign is up there with the best, IMO. It still has flaws, of course. Still good, though.

I love how every current game in the last 1 and a half years is the “worst campaign”

I didn’t mind the mission structure or the enemies and I LOVED the plotline. I felt like enough bits were fairly non-linear as well, or at least no more frequently linear than previous Halo titles.

> Reach’s campaign holds that title, IMO. Halo 4’s campaign is up there with the best, IMO. It still has flaws, of course. Still good, though.

Reach at least had open levels and serviceable AI, Halo 4 has neither of those.

> I didn’t mind the mission structure or the enemies and I LOVED the plotline. I felt like enough bits were fairly non-linear as well, or at least no more frequently linear than previous Halo titles.

The entire game was completely linear and kept pushing you forward and never let you go back.

> I love how every current game in the last 1 and a half years is the “worst campaign”

Reach was horrible, and I agree with the OP in regards to how bad the Halo 4 campaign is.

i never played a halo where the AI always plasma pistols a vehicle and never misses with anything like plasma grenades. not to mention they are just dirty buggers in wraiths, cant fool them anymore and ugh i never find enemies that sit still unless they on a turret. if you dont believe that the ai has advanced go play h1 or h2 or h3 or odst or reach.

> i never played a halo where the AI always plasma pistols a vehicle and never misses with anything like plasma grenades. not to mention they are just dirty buggers in wraiths, cant fool them anymore and ugh i never find enemies that sit still unless they on a turret. if you dont believe that the ai has advanced go play h1 or h2 or h3 or odst or reach.

Just because they can hit their mark doesn’t mean they are smart, they literally have no tactics and are extremely easy to kill.

> > I didn’t mind the mission structure or the enemies and I LOVED the plotline. I felt like enough bits were fairly non-linear as well, or at least no more frequently linear than previous Halo titles.
>
> The entire game was completely linear and kept pushing you forward and never let you go back.

Thank you. I played the game too you know. Like I already said, I didn’t mind mission structure (that applies to the design of areas in campaign).

Why would you even be concerned with going back? I can think of plenty of sections in previous Halo games that closed themselves off to you after you went through them and I’ve never felt the bizarre need to backtrack through a level for whatever reason.

In any halo title prior I have never encountered so many enemies running endlessly into walls and objects. Got easy kills on the campaign with my mantis when all the banshees where flying into the ground

> > > I didn’t mind the mission structure or the enemies and I LOVED the plotline. I felt like enough bits were fairly non-linear as well, or at least no more frequently linear than previous Halo titles.
> >
> > The entire game was completely linear and kept pushing you forward and never let you go back.
>
> Thank you. I played the game too you know. Like I already said, I didn’t mind mission structure (that applies to the design of areas in campaign).
>
> Why would you even be concerned with going back? I can think of plenty of sections in previous Halo games that closed themselves off to you after you went through them and I’ve never felt the bizarre need to backtrack through a level for whatever reason.

There are only ever one or two ways to take an encounter while in previous games their where a ton. The encounters are way to constrained and just involve going straight forward. And I like to backtrack to explore or go back for ammo or weapons.