Wont buy Halo 5 because?

Just wondering something here. There has been a lot of hype and buzz around the forums recently with the ending of E3 and the influx of information we’ve been getting. With this, many statements along the lines of “______ is not in the game so i wont get Halo”.

Many of the ones ive seen, so far, are sprint/spartan abilities, playable Elites, and splitscreen.

Spartan Abilities:
What is it about this that would cause you to completely not buy the game? Are the majority of these people purely multiplayer players? Do you feel the campaign is not worth the game? Is the not purely competitive nature of the game not good? Or are there other games you would rather get?

Playable Elites
What is it about a multiplayer skin that would tell you not to buy the game? There is so much to explore and do, im just wondering how a skin for your character can dictate whether you buy the game or not.

SplitScreen:
Are the majority of these users mainly playing Halo with others, family members, etc? Is it not enough for MCC to be the splitscreen game

Im not trying to be judgmental, or harsh, or anything, Reading words on a screen can take on any type of tone they want. I just simply want to understand why these features make the game a must buy or not buy for you. Im sure many people, including 343, would like a clear, solid reason for understanding as well. Maybe its one reason, or all three. But I still dont understand it

I don’t understand it either. People just need something to hate on I guess.

> 2533274859413227;2:
> I don’t understand it either. People just need something to hate on I guess.

But the hate is unreal. I mean, we complain the population drops and less people play Halo. But we are the ones dropping the population

> 2533274848599184;3:
> > 2533274859413227;2:
> > I don’t understand it either. People just need something to hate on I guess.
>
>
> But the hate is unreal. I mean, we complain the population drops and less people play Halo. But we are the ones dropping the population

Whoa. I understand not wanting to buy a game because one doesn’t think they will like it, but I don’t see how some members of the community feel they have the ability to dictate what is in the next game of a series. The public berating is also embarrassing to read at times. Also the notion that one’s opinions are more valid or better than another’s. They all but literally give the developers an ulitmatum; add/remove this feature or else I won’t buy your product.

Edit: Holy -Yoink- they just added an “OP” symbol to each of the OP’s posts lol

I’m with you OP. I mean, I get there there are people that do only play Halo for the multiplayer - so if they don’t like the new mechanics I can’t really blame them for not getting the game. However, I also see people who are saying they are longtime Halo campaign players and lore fans, but without [x feature] they supposedly won’t be getting ‘Halo 5’ either…the game that has so far shown itself to have probably the most expansive, visually pleasing, character driven, lore-significant campaign to date. So I can’t help but be a little bit more curious as to what the underlying thinking is here.

Is it really worth it to you to miss out on seeing the Chief finally reunited with Blue Team, visiting Sanghelios and the Arbiter, learning the mysteries surrounding the Guardians, and getting to know the members of Orisis - just because “x” or “y” thing isn’t in the game? To miss out on the entire multiplayer and forge suites as well?

I’m really not trying to sound judgmental either. I get that nobody has to explain their reasons for purchasing/not purchasing a game to me or anyone else, and I totally respect that. I simply just want to better understand the justification for such an action from someone who is also a lore fan.

> 2533274848599184;3:
> > 2533274859413227;2:
> > I don’t understand it either. People just need something to hate on I guess.
>
>
> But the hate is unreal. I mean, we complain the population drops and less people play Halo. But we are the ones dropping the population

It’s not all of the community. It’s basically just the 343-hating extremists, wanting exact copies of older “Bungie” Halo titles.

And what you refer to as “hate” isn’t really hate at all. It’s just some dorks who threaten to not order the game, but c’mon, we know they’ll buy it eventually.

> 2533274920039666;5:
> I’m with you OP. I mean, I get there there are people that do only play Halo for the multiplayer - so if they don’t like the new mechanics I can’t really blame them for not getting the game. However, I also see people who are saying they are longtime Halo campaign players and lore fans, but without [x feature] they supposedly won’t be getting ‘Halo 5’ either…the game that has so far shown itself to have probably the most expansive, visually pleasing, character driven, lore-significant campaign to date. So I can’t help but be a little bit more curious as to what the underlying thinking is here.
>
> Is it really worth it to you to miss out on seeing the Chief finally reunited with Blue Team, visiting Sanghelios and the Arbiter, learning the mysteries surrounding the Guardians, and getting to know the members of Orisis - just because “x” or “y” thing isn’t in the game? To miss out on the entire multiplayer and forge suites as well?
>
> I’m really not trying to sound judgmental either. I get that nobody has to explain their reasons for purchasing/not purchasing a game to me or anyone else, and I totally respect that. I simply just want to better understand the justification for such an action from someone who is also a lore fan.

Either they aren’t the fans they make themselves out to be or they’re just talking tough on the forums.

After what happened with TMCC, I am not buying H5 or any 343 game AT LAUNCH. I will wait a few days or a week and keep an eye on the forums and reviews to make sure its actually working. No way will I go through another TMCC again. I am 38 and that was one of the worst gaming experiences I have ever had in my entire life. Beta testing that game for 7 straight months was ridiculous and beyond frustrating. Its finally working quite well now but just wow.

I am looking forward to Warzone in H5 but as I said, I will wait and see how well it launches. Especially since Warzone is their first attempt at something of this scale and they never had a beta for it to properly stress test the servers. I really hope it works, but I will wait and see. I do still truly appreciate Josh Holmes answering my Warzone questions. I just hope H5 launches with very few problems.

Is it not enough for the mcc collection to be the split screen game. Are you crazy haha. That’s like saying hey honey let’s watch only 1/3 of the new lotr movies. Why not the other 2/3 because we have to buy a new Xbox one. 400 dollars. A new television 400 dollars. A new game 60 dollars… an Xbox live connection 60 dollars. And you’re telling me that it would just be easier to buy another xbox to play coop with my wife?

  1. SA’s have a huge effect on MP, and many of the people (including myself) don’t like the particular changes they bring to MP. And while the campaign looks stellar, that’s not what’s going to keep me playing for years.

  2. It is a skin that keeps multiple sub-communities very healthy and strong. Without the Sangheili, me and many others have observed a significant decline in quality in the machinima and clan communities, both of which are integral for the community’s culture as a whole.

  3. Splitscreen is held dearly by many because many of us have fond memories with our friends and families when playing with them. And since many fans have started families of their own, they would like to share those moments with their children. But with the removal of splitscreen for the 60 FPS excuse, those desires to enjoy you’re favorite hobby with friends and family are all but shattered.

As of now, I will not be buying the game, I’ll probably red box it for campaign. But if 343 simply states that they plan on adding playable Sangheili in the near future, I would gladly buy the game about a month or so after release.

I’m still going to buy the game. But that one feature was beloved by alot of halo fans.

> 2533274809822501;9:
> Is it not enough for the mcc collection to be the split screen game. Are you crazy haha. That’s like saying hey honey let’s watch only 1/3 of the new lotr movies. Why not the other 2/3 because we have to buy a new Xbox one. 400 dollars. A new television 400 dollars. A new game 60 dollars… an Xbox live connection 60 dollars. And you’re telling me that it would just be easier to buy another xbox to play coop with my wife?

A new X1 is around $350 and comes with TMCC for FREE. You can also get xboxlive for around $30.00 a year. They have sales all the time. New accounts can sometimes get 30 free days. I get your point but its not as expensive as you make it out to be. Don’t you think your wife would rather have her own X1 and own tv instead of being crunched up on a split screen? I am sure she has a bday coming up or a holiday, get her a treat she will enjoy instead for herself instead of sharing split screen. :slight_smile:

> Spartan Abilities

Halo needs changes to stay fresh.

> Playable elites

You can’t even see the character you play as, so why does it matter?

> SplitScreen

Nobody uses splitscreen anymore. Besides, it holds back the production of the games’ other features, such as graphics and microtransactions.

And just because the MCC had a bumpy launch, doesn’t mean Halo 5 will. Halo 5 will have a fantastic launch because 343i learns from its mistakes!

> 2787272447958470;12:
> > 2533274809822501;9:
> > Is it not enough for the mcc collection to be the split screen game. Are you crazy haha. That’s like saying hey honey let’s watch only 1/3 of the new lotr movies. Why not the other 2/3 because we have to buy a new Xbox one. 400 dollars. A new television 400 dollars. A new game 60 dollars… an Xbox live connection 60 dollars. And you’re telling me that it would just be easier to buy another xbox to play coop with my wife?
>
>
> A new X1 is around $350 and comes with TMCC for FREE. You can also get xboxlive for around $30.00 a year. They have sales all the time. New accounts can sometimes get 30 free days. I get your point but its not as expensive as you make it out to be. Don’t you think your wife would rather have her own X1 and own tv instead of being crunched up on a split screen?

Are you willing to spend the money or do you think that It grows on trees. I’m not buying her an Xbox so she can play one game it’s pointless.

> 2533274809822501;9:
> Is it not enough for the mcc collection to be the split screen game. Are you crazy haha. That’s like saying hey honey let’s watch only 1/3 of the new lotr movies. Why not the other 2/3 because we have to buy a new Xbox one. 400 dollars. A new television 400 dollars. A new game 60 dollars… an Xbox live connection 60 dollars. And you’re telling me that it would just be easier to buy another xbox to play coop with my wife?

No im asking if its willing to sacrifice an entire game of a franchise you must care about simply because your wife cant play this one with you. And if you say yes, i completely understand

What i dont understand is the movie experience. Well i mean, unless your wife would want to watch you play. Sort of a movie experience?

> 2533274822366750;10:
> 1. SA’s have a huge effect on MP, and many of the people (including myself) don’t like the particular changes they bring to MP. And while the campaign looks stellar, that’s not what’s going to keep me playing for years.
>
> 2. It is a skin that keeps multiple sub-communities very healthy and strong. Without the Sangheili, me and many others have observed a significant decline in quality in the machinima and clan communities, both of which are integral for the community’s culture as a whole.
>
> 3. Splitscreen is held dearly by many because many of us have fond memories with our friends and families when playing with them. And since many fans have started families of their own, they would like to share those moments with their children. But with the removal of splitscreen for the 60 FPS excuse, those desires to enjoy you’re favorite hobby with friends and family are all but shattered.
>
> As of now, I will not be buying the game, I’ll probably red box it for campaign. But if 343 simply states that they plan on adding playable Sangheili in the near future, I would gladly buy the game about a month or so after release.

So is the playable Elites higher on the list of requirements than everything else?

> 2533274819927364;13:
> > Spartan Abilities
>
>
> Halo needs changes to stay fresh.
>
>
> > Playable elites
>
>
> You can’t even see the character you play as, so why does it matter?
>
>
> > SplitScreen
>
>
> Nobody uses splitscreen anymore. Besides, it holds back the production of the games’ other features, such as graphics and microtransactions.
>
> And just because the MCC had a bumpy launch, doesn’t mean Halo 5 will. Halo 5 will have a fantastic launch because 343i learns from its mistakes!

Obviously you speak for everyone. Obviously.

> 2533274819927364;13:
> > Spartan Abilities
>
>
> Halo needs changes to stay fresh.
>
>
> > Playable elites
>
>
> You can’t even see the character you play as, so why does it matter?
>
>
> > SplitScreen
>
>
> Nobody uses splitscreen anymore. Besides, it holds back the production of the games’ other features, such as graphics and microtransactions.
>
> And just because the MCC had a bumpy launch, doesn’t mean Halo 5 will. Halo 5 will have a fantastic launch because 343i learns from its mistakes!

  1. Not all change is good change. Besides, the trilogy managed to change some things while keeping Halo’s identity.

  2. Because many sub-communities depend on this feature.

  3. Myself and others beg to differ. And why would you in any sane world want microtransactions? That’s like wanting to buy a car without a dashboard.

  4. After several years of terrible launches, what makes 343, in particular, capable of moving beyond such a trend?

> 2533274848599184;16:
> > 2533274822366750;10:
> >
>
>
> So is the playable Elites higher on the list of requirements than everything else?

Since I’m apart of the clan community, Sangheili are one of my top three priorities for buying major Halo games.

> 2533274809822501;14:
> > 2787272447958470;12:
> > > 2533274809822501;9:
> > > Is it not enough for the mcc collection to be the split screen game. Are you crazy haha. That’s like saying hey honey let’s watch only 1/3 of the new lotr movies. Why not the other 2/3 because we have to buy a new Xbox one. 400 dollars. A new television 400 dollars. A new game 60 dollars… an Xbox live connection 60 dollars. And you’re telling me that it would just be easier to buy another xbox to play coop with my wife?
> >
> >
> > A new X1 is around $350 and comes with TMCC for FREE. You can also get xboxlive for around $30.00 a year. They have sales all the time. New accounts can sometimes get 30 free days. I get your point but its not as expensive as you make it out to be. Don’t you think your wife would rather have her own X1 and own tv instead of being crunched up on a split screen?
>
>
> Are you willing to spend the money or do you think that It grows on trees. I’m not buying her an Xbox so she can play one game it’s pointless.

The answer is yes. We started split screen but eventually my wife had her own PS2, her own original xbox, her own PC, and her own X1. All on her own HDTV. Many people don’t like split screen. It is MUCH more fun to have your very own system, your own profile, and your own tv. Once your wife has her own personal X1 she will be much more likely to try new games. More games she tries, the more games you will be able to play together. :slight_smile:
My nephews are coming over this weekend with their own 360s, x1’s, and their own tvs for another lan party. Would not be fun crunching them together onto 1 tv in split screen.