Wondering how active reach is

Just wondering how active the online scene is this many years later.

Surprisingly well, at least for Slayer, BTB, Swat, Invasion…

Unfortunately, even though all the DLC was recently made free, most people have yet to download them it seems, so the map selection can get a bit redundant on Slayer and Swat.

Wish they could make it mandatory or put an extra disclaimer saying, “Hey, click here to get your ****ing free maps already!”

I’d say it’s still fairly active. I think there were 5,000 people on today.

Reach is dying day by day, since I have seen that on summer when there was a bit over 8-9k players and nowadays there is approximately 4-5k on weekends. Here where I live, i have noticed that there is about 2-2,5k players on weekdays, even when there is a day in US and a night in finland.
Some playlists are active, like Slayer, BTB, Invasion, SWAT/Snipers, multi team and Infection. Ofc you have a possibility to find some small based gamemodes, like anniversary classic.
So if you compare this year to 2010-2012, there is just a small difference in the reach community.

BTB is generally very active

Keep in mind that there could be upwards of 20k plus playing at anytime because the number we are given in-game only counts the people in matchmaking. There could be countless custom games due to the rise of love in both clan raids and -Yoink- around. I myself host map makes of my own on occasion with anywhere from 4 to 16 people joining. You can only count the surface players on reach, they should implement a way to see how many people are playing custom games, but on a dead game that just pushed all their DLC to freeware, I doubt it’s going to see the light of day. There’s a clan community just below your feet, just dive in with the rest of us.

^Newly started discord channel to attempt to unite the underground players

The online population is still fairly good, it went down just a little bit when the Halo 3 hype came back.

> 2535414605229494;5:
> BTB is generally very active

But very laggy. And people quit constantly.

Yeah there’s still around 5,ooo people playing which is pretty good for a 7 year old game

Wish it was more active. The game is still one of the best

It’s more ‘active’ than Halo 4, less populated than Halo 5.

Simply put, there’s way too damn many near-dead playlists that spread out the population, and a lot of people didn’t get the “free dlc” memo.

Now, if the awesome people of 343 are lurking, then I would like to propose a condensing solution:

• Combine Team Objective, Team Snipers, and Team Slayer into one playlist, call it “The Arena” (replaces current version of The Arena) - 86 the Super Slayer, Snipers, Team Slayer, Team Objective, Anniversary Classic, and Anniversary Firefight playlists. - Keep SWAT on its own (for good reason) - Throw in the Anniversary maps and modes into aforementioned “Team Arena” playlist - Require the DLC. It’s free, and chances are if you’re playing matchmaking, then internet is not a problem for you. Plus, let’s be real. Those file sizes are nothing compared to today’s standards.That’s at least how I can see the population being somewhat fixed and boosted.

> 2533274908120705;12:
> Simply put, there’s way too damn many near-dead playlists that spread out the population, and a lot of people didn’t get the “free dlc” memo.
>
> Now, if the awesome people of 343 are lurking, then I would like to propose a condensing solution:
> - Combine Team Objective, Team Snipers, and Team Slayer into one playlist, call it “The Arena” (replaces current version of The Arena) - 86 the Super Slayer, Snipers, Team Slayer, Team Objective, Anniversary Classic, and Anniversary Firefight playlists. - Keep SWAT on its own (for good reason) - Throw in the Anniversary maps and modes into aforementioned “Team Arena” playlist - Require the DLC. It’s free, and chances are if you’re playing matchmaking, then internet is not a problem for you. Plus, let’s be real. Those file sizes are nothing compared to today’s standards.That’s at least how I can see the population being somewhat fixed and boosted.

Well, they cant change a thing in the game’s code. All they can do is change things server-side. Unfortunately most of what you are proposing require a bit more effort than just server-side tweaks.

It’s great to know it’s pretty active.

However, quick question.

So Xbox one players are facing off Xbox one players and 360 vs 360 players or somehow it’s all combined into one system?

Curious, if 2 separate systems exist for the severs or somehow backwards compatibility just makes your Xbox one act like its a 360 console?

Regardless of which, I just want to know how many bugs are on the Xbox one vs 360 if any exist at all or if someone can put a link to a thread that talks about this would much be appreciated.

Thank you.

As of today, 10-21-17 I would still say that it still has a decent population.

Pretty active community. Much less for developers, game has been completely abandoned and has many issues which 343 has refused to fix or even notice.