Women in Halo 4

Dear 343,

Pretty pretty please with a whipped cream and a cherry on top can we have a prominent female character in Halo 4 (5 and 6 too, for that matter) that doesn’t die by getting shot in the back? Maybe someone with ovaries can actually die in a heroic way as opposed to stupid-woman-didn’t-have-her-shields-up-in-a-war-zone or stupid-woman-hesitated-and-turned-her-back-on-the-enemy?

Thank you!

xoxoxox

P.S. Can we have kick-butt Cortana back instead of damsel-in-distress Cortana?

im pretty sure were done with humans for a while…

But if your into the whole female-forerunner thing that’s perfectly OK.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Linda and Kelly might pop up along the way. :slight_smile:

> Keeping my fingers crossed for Linda and Kelly might pop up along the way. :slight_smile:

They are nowhere near Chief. At all. I don’t think the entire trilogy will be set on the Forerunner sphere as seen in the trailer, but Chief is going to be very far away from UNSC space as far as I can tell.

This post has been edited by a Moderator: Please treat your fellow forum members with courtesy and respect.

> Edited by Moderator

For you to make me a sandwich?
I thought so.

But yeah I wouldn’t mind a more Female prominent role to step up in the new trilogy.

I agree. We need a tough girl.

> Only if there’s a kitchen on Sigma 7.

Obviously sexism aside, you do know Sigma 7 isn’t it’s name right?

> Keeping my fingers crossed for Linda and Kelly might pop up along the way. :slight_smile:

This, Kelly kicks -Yoink- and I want to see her in one of the main Halo games.

> > Keeping my fingers crossed for Linda and Kelly might pop up along the way. :slight_smile:
>
> This, Kelly kicks -Yoink!- and I want to see her in one of the main Halo games.

Kelly=Everyday Math in disguise.

Da cheef iz a girl!

But seriously, I doubt there will be many humans in Halo 4. Chief and Cortana are “all that’s left”. However, if UNSC reinforcements arrive, who knows what could happen.

I do doubt Kelly or Linda making an appearance though.

> > Only if there’s a kitchen on Sigma 7.
>
> For you to make me a sandwich?
> I thought so.
>
> But yeah I wouldn’t mind a more Female prominent role to step up in the new trilogy.

Haha

i whole heartedly support this idea.

oh and while you boys are in the kitchen, can someone grab me a Coke please? thanks!

[deleted]

> Before I get to your suggestion…
>
> There IS going to be humans in halo 4-6.
>
> Do you honestly think MC will expect an ally (Forerunner or whatever) to drive in a vehicle thousands of years less advanced than that of what they posses? That’s an insult to them! And no, even if the warthog is in the hanger, he still can’t drive it, and use the turret at the same time. He unfortunately doesn’t have clones.
>
> ____________________________________________________________________________________
>
> Anyways,
>
> What about Halsey? She’s incredibly attractive for a 52 year old (or 56-58 in Halo 4). She’s pretty strong emotionally, and she’s smart. AND MC’s her favorite spartan. It’s perfect!

he finds a cloning machine, and one of his clones is a girl.

> Dear 343,
>
> Pretty pretty please with a whipped cream and a cherry on top can we have a prominent female character in Halo 4 (5 and 6 too, for that matter) that doesn’t die by getting shot in the back? Maybe someone with ovaries can actually die in a heroic way as opposed to stupid-woman-didn’t-have-her-shields-up-in-a-war-zone or stupid-woman-hesitated-and-turned-her-back-on-the-enemy?
>
> Thank you!
>
> xoxoxox
>
> P.S. Can we have kick-butt Cortana back instead of damsel-in-distress Cortana?

i think, if the unified theory of WWHTF! applies to the halo universe in the same manner it applies to every other sci-fi universe then the chances are the the chief is arriving at the shield world that blue team, Halsey and Mendez are on at the end of Ghosts of Onyx although the time chief spent drifting in space means that the blue team will have been there a few years, possibly managed to release sabre from their stasis fields and made a solid presence on the installation, if half a UNSC frigate came waltzing in through a gate they might notice, although the inside surface area of a sphere that large also makes it highly unlikely, unless the comm system on that half of the autumn still works Cortana might use it to see if anyone or anything is out there. then the comm equipment in the MJOLNIR and SPI armor that the Spartans wear will pick up on the transmission.

so who likes the unified theory of WWHTF! - What!? Where!? How The F!? often used along side pre-destination paradoxes, temporal anomalies, wormholes and divine intervention scenarios.

> im pretty sure were done with humans for a while…
>
> But if your into the whole female-forerunner thing that’s perfectly OK.

Were are definitely not done with humans, infact I think the human race will play a very quintessential role in Halo 4. They already do as it is, the fact that we are dealing with forerunners and ancient stuff would, if anything indicate that humans will be of some serious importance in the new trilogy, they are reclaimers after all.

> Only if there’s a kitchen on Sigma 7.

That’s really rude, and not even remotely funny in the slightest way… nobody likes a chauvinistic pig so don’t be one, even if it is meant to be a joke.

Cortana is arguably the main character of Halo 4, but she’s not so much a damsel in distress as she is traumatized and going insane–by no means, however, is she helpless. I find that to be a pretty interesting character.

> Cortana is arguably the main character of Halo 4, but she’s not so much a damsel in distress as she is traumatized and going insane–by no means, however, is she helpless. I find that to be a pretty interesting character.

The damsel-in-distress comment was in regards to Cortana in Halo 3. In Halo and Halo 2, she was strong, smart, clever, and awesome. In Halo 3 though, she became just a princess in a castle for Chief to rescue. If you imagine for a moment that Cortana was male and was captured by the Gravemind, do you really think guy-cortana would be crying out for help, pleading from his knees? I sincerely doubt it.

Thanks for all the great feedback so far - except the kitchen comment, no gold star for you.