Without personal feelings... How is the patch?

I would appreciate if people could keep from bashing on 343i, arguing about what works and what doesn’t, and overall complaining about the status of this game this far. We all know it sucks, and that it doesn’t work the way it should, but complaining won’t help. Also please no sarcastic answers like, “Nothing works, 343i is sh*t” etc. It’s just boring. I know I’m basically setting myself up for trolls, but oh well. Please be informative.

That being said, how is the big patch? What’s fixed, what works, what doesn’t work, what is worsened? Overall is it better, the same, or worse.
Thanks.

Achievements on Halo 3 terminals are still busted. Won’t unlock. Arrgghg

Halo 2 classic works now!!

Halo 2c works great now, but I’m still having trouble finding matches.

I honestly can’t tell a difference.

Search times for me are still upwards of ten to fifteen minutes and they’ve only detracted from the game by making BTB 7v7, instead of fixing the problem to begin with.

Im not sure if I only remember the good times or not but this is not “Exactly how you (I) remember it”.

After a few games things seem to go great for regular Team Slayer. Waiting times vary from 1-2 minutes up to about 5 in some cases.
BTB has a little more trouble. Waiting times there vary from 2-5 minutes up to extreme 10 minute waiting times. BTB has also been trimmed doen to 7v7 and sadly I noticed that in a game one of the 7 players on my team did not get past the loading screen resulting in a 6v7 match. Even worse was that the game after I didn’t get past a Halo 2 loading screen as it “lost connection to the session”

This update DID make things more stable and searching times have been greatly improved along with hitregistration and games don’t get unbalanced in the lobby anylonger, but the problem about not getting past the loading screen still remains an issue, in BTB at least.

> 2533274832375911;2:
> Achievements on Halo 3 terminals are still busted. Won’t unlock. Arrgghg

Interesting, I got all those achievements before the Update.

> 2533274852044078;7:
> > 2533274832375911;2:
> > Achievements on Halo 3 terminals are still busted. Won’t unlock. Arrgghg
>
>
> Interesting, I got all those achievements before the Update.

Same here.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> Halo 2 classic works now!!

This!

> 2533274843499614;5:
> I honestly can’t tell a difference.
>
> Search times for me are still upwards of ten to fifteen minutes and they’ve only detracted from the game by making BTB 7v7, instead of fixing the problem to begin with.
>
> Im not sure if I only remember the good times or not but this is not “Exactly how you (I) remember it”.

Yeah, I guess it’s different for you. Before the update, I could find matches in under 5 mins.
Actually besides partying issues, staying with friends, and forge game types/maps not working. My game has been relatively stable.
Well, also when I search with certain friends or people, it rarely finds us a game, but when we go solo, it’s almost instant.

> 2533274873954403;9:
> > 2533274883669557;3:
> > Halo 2 classic works now!!
>
>
> This!

lol Oddly enough, for the Waypoint Forums at least, Halo 2 Classic is my least favorite Multiplayer.
I probably won’t spend to much time there anyway. Haha! But I’m glad to know it works incase it gets voted in Team Slayer or BTB.

H2C seems a lot better, the hit registration issue seems to have been fixed.

However, searching for a game still takes a while. And a large percentage of games don’t load. And the level mismatch is still there - I got put in a team with me being the highest rank(22), with a load of <10 players, vs a group of level 40-50s. That game wasn’t much fun.

And all of the other bugs that weren’t mentioned in the patch are still there. Glitching audio, framerate drops and broken split screen etc.

> 2533274832375911;2:
> Achievements on Halo 3 terminals are still busted. Won’t unlock. Arrgghg

You have to go all the way through them for the achievement to unlock. Thats means pressing “A” a couple times to cycle through the various conversations on each terminal. I thought they weren’t unlocking as well until I realized this.

has anyone tried online campaign ? does it work better?

> 2533274795284844;14:
> has anyone tried online campaign ? does it work better?

I am very interested in this. VERY. This goes for Spartan Ops too. I’ve experienced the same problems with Campaign there as well.

I think the patch made is worse for me to get into matchmaking games… I can’t find one.