Without Cortana ....

… Halo would be f.cked. She and the chief are what made the halo story so badass!

I read somewhere on the forum that according to the books, Cortana doesnt die.

Whats your theory?

Also… see my poll.

The books haven’t touched on anything during or after Halo 4 yet.

A few possibilities:

• Cortana takes on a state similar to the Librarian, existing within Forerunner systems
  • Cortana becomes “ascended” (i.e. no longer bound to computer systems), similar to Ancients from Stargate
  • What remains of Cortana gets back to Dr. Halsey and is repaired, with Cortana returning to her previous form
  • Another scenario similar to the one immediately above, however something goes wrong, or there is lasting damage.

I suggested a plot for the next two Halos involving Cortana turning hostile, attempting to get Chief killed and eventually triggering a UNSC civil war that drags the Arbiter’s Covenant and the Prometheans into it on opposing sides, involving the Covenant rescuing Chief from a UNSC ambush. Seems it isn’t popular, especially with those that want to see Chief and Cortana’s connection Rule 34’d.

Mention was also made in Halo 4 as to the Spartans’ original purpose: repression. Say this gets out, the Spartan program and anyone associated with it gets demonised, and a civil war starts that way.

I just think it’s time for a plot twist and UNSC forces acting as antagonist.

> A few possibilities:
>
> - Cortana takes on a state similar to the Librarian, existing within Forerunner systems
> - Cortana becomes “ascended” (i.e. no longer bound to computer systems), similar to Ancients from Stargate
> - What remains of Cortana gets back to Dr. Halsey and is repaired, with Cortana returning to her previous form
> - Another scenario similar to the one immediately above, however something goes wrong, or there is lasting damage.
>
> I suggested a plot for the next two Halos involving Cortana turning hostile, attempting to get Chief killed and eventually triggering a UNSC civil war that drags the Arbiter’s Covenant and the Prometheans into it on opposing sides, involving the Covenant rescuing Chief from a UNSC ambush. Seems it isn’t popular, especially with those that want to see Chief and Cortana’s connection Rule 34’d.
>
> Mention was also made in Halo 4 as to the Spartans’ original purpose: repression. Say this gets out, the Spartan program and anyone associated with it gets demonised, and a civil war starts that way.
>
> I just think it’s time for a plot twist and UNSC forces acting as antagonist.

Nice theory’s you got their. A civil war in this story doesnt seems to work, because the story about halo is much bigger then a civil war. Its about who’s the guirdian of the universe (us or the forerunners) and everything that comes with it.

I realy hope that she didnt die. I dont even think she died, because you can see her talk and walk. Her remains has to be somewhere.

And if you watch these interviews with the lady that does the voice of cortana, you can conclude that she will have a roll in the whole trioligy…

Halo without Chief or Cortana isnt halo anymore.

> The books haven’t touched on anything during or after Halo 4 yet.

O oke… didnt know that… maybe they read something in the end that made them conclude she’s still alive.

They said something about cortana thats in the armor of didact. and that the didact is still alive.

I dont think the didact died either… That wouldnt make any sense.

Cortana was so damn naggy.I hated her, but even so, I was a bit sad to see her go. And now I want it to stay that way. She had her bitter end, she is gone. Maybe have her do something “important” at the end of Halo 5/6.

We will have to wait and see if Cortana is (hopefully) gone or alive.

If they brought her back it would be too hokey. Sci Fi has no bounds but reason does. Halo 3 followed a logical ending. Too many stunts and a good story becomes petty. 343 stepped into the mess of killing her. I hope they can figure their way through without her.

> If they brought her back it would be too hokey. Sci Fi has no bounds but reason does. Halo 3 followed a logical ending. Too many stunts and a good story becomes petty. 343 stepped into the mess of killing her. I hope they can figure their way through without her.

I agree, but you dont even know if she’s real dead. There are to much open things in the campaign story of halo 4 that cortana can return without lacking the logical aspects.

> Cortana was so damn naggy.I hated her, but even so, I was a bit sad to see her go. And now I want it to stay that way. She had her bitter end, she is gone. Maybe have her do something “important” at the end of Halo 5/6.
>
> We will have to wait and see if Cortana is (hopefully) gone or alive.

Haha i lolled.

Seemingly the plot of Reach and the books contradict each other entirely as to Cortana’s origin, which doesn’t help. Officially Cortana was created by Dr Halsey, however Reach’s video sequences insinuate that Cortana is of Forerunner origin, and the Dr Halsey merely found her; in that game Halsey hands Noble Six what she describes as a piece of Forerunner technology that happens to be Cortana.

Logic would dictate that either (a) Cortana was destroyed or (b) Cortana exists within Forerunner systems.

To me Cortana is like Robin in Batman, a sidekick who isn’t critical to the plot.