With the TU, how come Vanilla Reach is still untouched?

After playing the Anniversary playlists and alternating back and forth from Classic Reach to the TU I can’t believe how out-dated the Classic Reach is.

I don’t understand why 343 is afraid to make more playlists with the TU settings. Despite what anyone says, the amount of people playing will not fluctuate that much at all. Not many people are going to quit playing if they change it. Most people justt play it to play it.

Not sure. I hope non-ZB TU settings become standard. 80% bloom and AL/Camo nerfs are remarkably useful. Though Melee nurf to 50% is a necessity.

Yeaah, that’s what I mean. ZB blows, but the 85% is amazing. IDK about the melee, but bleed through needs to stay is.

I made a thread about this yesterday.

I really don’t understand the point of putting all that work into a Title Update that doesn’t even affect the entire game.

> I made a thread about this yesterday.
>
> I really don’t understand the point of putting all that work into a Title Update that doesn’t even affect the entire game.

Choices. Some people actually like Halo: Reach’s standard settings, believe it or not.

> > I made a thread about this yesterday.
> >
> > I really don’t understand the point of putting all that work into a Title Update that doesn’t even affect the entire game.
>
> Choices. Some people actually like Halo: Reach’s standard settings, believe it or not.

So how come everyone is forced to play either a small section of reach to play an updated game, while the majority feels out-dated. It should be the other way around.

Here’s to 343, hope you guys are listening.

It is my belief that there was not enough interest in the setting changes to cause 343 to implement it game wide. It was played by most, judging by the numbers of the first weekend and slowly came down to about 500-1500 (being generous) players on most days currently.

With the addition of the TU playlist and anniversary those that are interested in those settings have a place to play (congrats!) but as suspected by some, those settings will not bring people back, as they most likely did not push people away, go figure =/

Exactly. So if it won’t push people away what’s to lose? I just think the TU should have more of a presence in the game.

And for a non core gametype, the Annivesary playlists have a great population.

I totally agree. I liked how Vanilla Reach played. I was one of those people really concerned when 343 first announced the changes they were making to Reach - but after spending a lot of time in Anniversary and in the TU playlist, I really feel that this only strengthens the game, and I think Bungie would have done something along similar lines had they spent more time with this game as opposed to handing over power.

I would like to see TU implemented into all the playlists, and have Vanilla take on the form of Anniversary right now - it should be the minority playlist outside of the main group.

And I don’t think you can compare numbers between Anniversary playlists and standard playlists to judge its popularity or its approval in the Reach community. Even though I find Vanilla Reach almost frustrating to play now, I still spend more time in Vanilla playlists because of the broader map selection and the niche playlists(Multi-Team and 5v5 Squad).

Exactly. I’ve been playing Reach since the beginning too and after the TU it just feels like it’s outdated and stale. Nothing Bad can come from doing it.

> Exactly. So if it won’t push people away what’s to lose? I just think the TU should have more of a presence in the game.
>
> And for a non core gametype, the Annivesary playlists have a great population.

It will push people away, thats the point and as an example used by many others when a new halo game was made but did not have the same mechanics as the last, people still complain about it today. Imagine what a player would think if he played a game for a year and the mechanics were changed in the same game.

Anniversary is new and while Im glad it has a good population, this is not a justification to change an established game, 343 was wise and generous to create the TU playlist to address a portion of the communitys concerns, it would be a mistake in my opinion, to implement title wide what has shown to only attract a minority of players.

> > Exactly. So if it won’t push people away what’s to lose? I just think the TU should have more of a presence in the game.
> >
> > And for a non core gametype, the Annivesary playlists have a great population.
>
> It will push people away,

I really don’t think it would at all. Sadly, It wont bring anyone back, well not many at least, and it won’t push people away.

Besides, Adapt. Everyone who used to support reach’s gameplay said that. So why does no one want to?

IMHO not many people would be upset if they applied TU settings to all the Vanilla playlists. They changes are not so major and they all enhance the experience so that everybody would be happy with them.

> I totally agree. I liked how Vanilla Reach played. I was one of those people really concerned when 343 first announced the changes they were making to Reach - but after spending a lot of time in Anniversary and in the TU playlist, I really feel that this only strengthens the game, and I think Bungie would have done something along similar lines had they spent more time with this game as opposed to handing over power.
>
> I would like to see TU implemented into all the playlists, and have Vanilla take on the form of Anniversary right now - it should be the minority playlist outside of the main group.
>
> And I don’t think you can compare numbers between Anniversary playlists and standard playlists to judge its popularity or its approval in the Reach community. Even though I find Vanilla Reach almost frustrating to play now, I still spend more time in Vanilla playlists because of the broader map selection and the niche playlists(Multi-Team and 5v5 Squad).

By using the term “vanilla Reach” it is my belief that you are being disingenous. It is my contention that you never cared for Reach and its mechanics, specificly bloom and AA, all AA but AL the most. Bungie had this game for almost a year and designed it from the beginning and chose its mechanics, mechanics we all understand some do not care for. I would bet my inclement weather the veiws you expressed were held before TU and were not a result of it. Hows my aim?

The TU should be applied to ALL playlists. The TU balanced the game, and if people want to complain then they can go play another game or get used to it. Vanilla Reach isn’t what Halo is, so these people shouldn’t be lied to. Reach has been a very inconsistent experience lately, with so many different gametypes with different settings.

I say have 2 main “play styles.” Normal Reach, which would be TU Reach, and Classic, which would be the classic gameplay to replicate Halo CE.

> > > Exactly. So if it won’t push people away what’s to lose? I just think the TU should have more of a presence in the game.
> > >
> > > And for a non core gametype, the Annivesary playlists have a great population.
> >
> > It will push people away,
>
> I really don’t think it would at all. Sadly, It wont bring anyone back, well not many at least, and it won’t push people away.
>
> Besides, Adapt. Everyone who used to support reach’s gameplay said that. So why does no one want to?

If you refuse to acknowledge the reasons why I think it would push away players, then whats the point of talking about it. but let me try it like this, your playing Halo 3 and a year into it Bungie decides it wants to implement some changes to the basic mechanics, lets just say they have decided they wanted to add bloom and make the pickups, loadouts. How pleased would you be?

As to your adapt argument, Halo 3 is 5 years old and you guys are attempting to turn back the clock to that game. Most of you on the forums still play and have adapted fine, except that you need to vent your frustrations about Reach not having the same core mechanics as 3. Simply telling me that it wont push people away does not prove your point, you must expand your argument to contain facts or at least opinion that would lead me to understand your point of veiw better.

People would moan if TU settings were applied to Reach. Especially ZB settings; it’s too “difficult” to adapt to it for many players. Funny, those same players are telling armor lock haters and 100 percent bloom haters to “adapt” lolsy.

Perhaps i was wrong; Halo was meant to be slow as molasses and Halo 2/CE had it all wrong. If so, > :frowning:

Believe it.

Then they would probably not like Halo 4. I honestly feel like the TU could be a decent indication as to where the game is going.

But still, They should adapt, like they told everyone who didn’t like Reach.

> By using the term “vanilla Reach” it is my belief that you are being disingenous. It is my contention that you never cared for Reach and its mechanics, specificly bloom and AA, all AA but AL the most. Bungie had this game for almost a year and designed it from the beginning and chose its mechanics, mechanics we all understand some do not care for. I would bet my inclement weather the veiws you expressed were held before TU and were not a result of it. Hows my aim?

Just so you know, Vanilla Reach is not a personal term used by anyone here for the purpose of being disingenuous, it’s a term that 343 has used for a couple of months now to describe the Bungie version of Reach. I believe it’s meant only to make the distinction clearer between the TU version and the original with no subtext included.

And you are mistaken as far as my opinion on the TU prior to and post implementation. As I said directly in my post, I was a big doubter of the TU and what it would bring, but once I played it, it was obvious it was going to only make the experience I knew and loved better. I think it’s silly to blindly deny an update which clearly helps improve the balance of the game (via absolutely minimal changes)simply because it didn’t come from the maker. This game is Bungie’s farewell to Reach, their baby, they wouldn’t have left it in the hands of 343 if there wasn’t a trust in where they were taking it post transition.

Maybe with the reduced bloom your aim would be a little more on the mark? :slight_smile: