With Halo Fest approaching...

How much info on H4 are you expecting? I hope 343 will at least tell us what the core gameplay will be like.
Discuss.

We obvously arent going to see any gameplay of Halo 4, expect a new trailer however.

> We obvously arent going to see any gameplay of Halo 4, expect a new trailer however.

Yeah, gameplay won’t be out for a while.

I’m not asking to see gameplay footage, I’m saying I hope they’ll drop some hints about core gameplay.

> I’m not asking to see gameplay footage, I’m saying I hope they’ll drop some hints about core gameplay.

As in, the inclusion of Armor Abilities? Because I don’t think they’re going to announce that either. Chances are that they’re going to have some sort of equipment-based system, where equipment may or may not recharge over time.

> I’m not asking to see gameplay footage, I’m saying I hope they’ll drop some hints about core gameplay.

Nah, I dont think they will, maybe campaign but multiplayer already? No.

We will see/hear about multiplayer in time.

> > I’m not asking to see gameplay footage, I’m saying I hope they’ll drop some hints about core gameplay.
>
> As in, the inclusion of Armor Abilities? Because I don’t think they’re going to announce that either. Chances are that they’re going to have some sort of equipment-based system, where equipment may or may not recharge over time.

I don’t want AAs or equipment, actually.

Well I am hoping for at least 40 minutes of useful information. The Halofest Panel is an hour so I can excuse 20 minutes for un-useful amusing banter. I really do hope they discuss mechanics at least a little.

I have a feeling that they might reveal that you will receive Beta access for H4 with CEA maybe. You know just like Bungie did with ODST.

> > > I’m not asking to see gameplay footage, I’m saying I hope they’ll drop some hints about core gameplay.
> >
> > As in, the inclusion of Armor Abilities? Because I don’t think they’re going to announce that either. Chances are that they’re going to have some sort of equipment-based system, where equipment may or may not recharge over time.
>
> I don’t want AAs or equipment, actually.

I say that because Halo 4 is likely going to bounce off of Halo 3’s gameplay. Because Halo Reach was not part of the sequential Halo series, it’s more of a spinoff and may or may not be true to other Halos’ gameplay. As such, the next part of the sequential series (Halo 4) will be based off more of Halo 3 than Reach. Granted, cool Reach ideas like the Grenade Launcher, Sprint and good netcoding will likely return.

> > > > I’m not asking to see gameplay footage, I’m saying I hope they’ll drop some hints about core gameplay.
> > >
> > > As in, the inclusion of Armor Abilities? Because I don’t think they’re going to announce that either. Chances are that they’re going to have some sort of equipment-based system, where equipment may or may not recharge over time.
> >
> > I don’t want AAs or equipment, actually.
>
> I say that because Halo 4 is likely going to bounce off of Halo 3’s gameplay. Because Halo Reach was not part of the sequential Halo series, it’s more of a spinoff and may or may not be true to other Halos’ gameplay. As such, the next part of the sequential series (Halo 4) will be based off more of Halo 3 than Reach. Granted, cool Reach ideas like the Grenade Launcher, Sprint and good netcoding will likely return.

I hope not, if so its literally Halo 2.2… Everyone bashes call of duty for not changing, look at Halo though everyone wants Halo 3.5 with better graphics, Yes Reach wasn’t a true Halo game but What will halo look like when we hit Number 6 in the new trilogy still with 2.5 meter jump heights, Strafing and a 3 shot burst weapon with a 36 round magasine. :/.

343 has stated they want to return to classic type gameplay, i.e. CE/H2, which is great. Can’t remember where I heard it though sorry about that.