With Forge coming...heres How to Design a Halo Map

Just posted episode 3 today. I know The Epidemic and the Forgehub channel do some ‘design talks’ but they’re typically pretty surface level stuff. If anyone’s interested in learning some advanced map design I think you might like this series :slight_smile:

Link.

> 2533275011491088;2:
> Link.

Yeah I’m bad at that stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

You have to take into account Halo 5 map design is unlike any previous Halo’s map design as the sandbox is way too different from the previous installments.

> 2533274891802271;4:
> You have to take into account Halo 5 map design is unlike any previous Halo’s map design as the sandbox is way too different from the previous installments.

My next video is how to design maps around sprint, clamber, thrust :slight_smile:

> 2533274809699299;5:
> > 2533274891802271;4:
> > You have to take into account Halo 5 map design is unlike any previous Halo’s map design as the sandbox is way too different from the previous installments.
>
>
> My next video is how to design maps around sprint, clamber, thrust :slight_smile:

good on ya for noticing that. Those three things really add more to map design.

oh look if i jump past this wall over this gap and boost right i can reach a secret path.

those are always cool.

Don’t come in here trying to dictate to others on what YOU think a good map is. This entire community had to suffer for a very long time through Reach’s garbage because a small group of self appointed know it alls tried desperately to condition everyone what they thought a map should be.

You need to let people use their own imagination and come up with things on their own. There were so many good and FUN maps that never saw the light of day because of people like you.

Thanks for the link I’ll watch them I have more time tonight.

> 2656587637345384;7:
> Don’t come in here trying to dictate to others on what YOU think a good map is. This entire community had to suffer for a very long time through Reach’s garbage because a small group of self appointed know it alls tried desperately to condition everyone what they thought a map should be.
>
> You need to let people use their own imagination and come up with things on their own. There were so many good and FUN maps that never saw the light of day because of people like you.

You should go watch episode 1 :slight_smile:

> 2656587637345384;7:
> Don’t come in here trying to dictate to others on what YOU think a good map is. This entire community had to suffer for a very long time through Reach’s garbage because a small group of self appointed know it alls tried desperately to condition everyone what they thought a map should be.
>
> You need to let people use their own imagination and come up with things on their own. There were so many good and FUN maps that never saw the light of day because of people like you.

People like YOU (BADMAGIK) are the exact reason this forum has low levels of respect.
You clearly did not watch the videos and are blindly complaining.
MultiLockOn is one of the best forgers in the community right now, and has been in contact with respected members of the industry. Like Hardy Lebel, you know, the guy who like, MADE halo… oh wait you probably got into the franchise during Halo 4 or MCC. Your post seemed very hostile and implies you made a map nobody liked, I suggest watching the other videos in his series. Maybe that will help (:

> 2533274812413921;10:
> > 2656587637345384;7:
> > Don’t come in here trying to dictate to others on what YOU think a good map is. This entire community had to suffer for a very long time through Reach’s garbage because a small group of self appointed know it alls tried desperately to condition everyone what they thought a map should be.
> >
> > You need to let people use their own imagination and come up with things on their own. There were so many good and FUN maps that never saw the light of day because of people like you.
>
>
> People like YOU (BADMAGIK) are the exact reason this forum has low levels of respect.
> You clearly did not watch the videos and are blindly complaining.
> MultiLockOn is one of the best forgers in the community right now, and has been in contact with respected members of the industry. Like Hardy Lebel, you know, the guy who like, MADE halo… oh wait you probably got into the franchise during Halo 4 or MCC. Your post seemed very hostile and implies you made a map nobody liked, I suggest watching the other videos in his series. Maybe that will help (:

You da best :slight_smile:

> 2656587637345384;7:
>

Yo I understand what you mean, that back in Forge’s hayday (starting mainly with Reach, or even end of H3) there was a small group of elites pushing rules onto everyone else, and I really do see the results of this. I remember seeing so many maps that looked similar, nothing special, because they all followed the same trends and same rules.

But man you missed the mark on this one. If you watch MultiLockOn’s first video of this series, you’ll see that he is actually in support of “breaking”/“ignoring”/“bending” these rules. The first whole video is about how those are really just guidelines, and that you can break them and make what you want, just as long as you are open to editing the map for what works/doesnt work.

I have never built a map, so I’m actually looking forward to this. It’ll be like Minecraft… But for adults. :slight_smile:

Need more Cursed Lemon yelling in my ear, please. Make it happen.

Each map needs at least 16 scorpions. Otherwise, why even?

Thanks, this will help when I start Forging. I’m excited for the new stuff they have.

Now here’s how to make a halo 5 map:

1)Asymmetrical or go the F home

2)ledges ramps and hallways EVERYWHERE

3)no notable landmarks whatsoever

4)don’t you dare put vehicles in unless it’s BTB

5)place spawns whereever you feel like, preferably in a line of sight of the best sniper spot on the map

6)make sure you color one side of the map red and one side blue

7)and for gods sake, don’t let fun get in the way of the true goal, competition! sweaty, fast, frustrating COMPETITION!

Happy forging y’all !!!

> 2684064956505966;17:
> Now here’s how to make a halo 5 map:
>
> 1)Asymmetrical or go the F home
>
> 2)ledges ramps and hallways EVERYWHERE
>
> 3)no notable landmarks whatsoever
>
> 4)don’t you dare put vehicles in unless it’s BTB
>
> 5)place spawns whereever you feel like, preferably in a line of sight of the best sniper spot on the map
>
> 6)make sure you color one side of the map red and one side blue
>
> 7)and for gods sake, don’t let fun get in the way of the true goal, competition! sweaty, fast, frustrating COMPETITION!
>
> Happy forging y’all !!!

LMAO! I love this ahahaha

> 2684064956505966;17:
> Now here’s how to make a halo 5 map:
>
> 1)Asymmetrical or go the F home
>
> 2)ledges ramps and hallways EVERYWHERE
>
> 3)no notable landmarks whatsoever
>
> 4)don’t you dare put vehicles in unless it’s BTB
>
> 5)place spawns whereever you feel like, preferably in a line of sight of the best sniper spot on the map
>
> 6)make sure you color one side of the map red and one side blue
>
> 7)and for gods sake, don’t let fun get in the way of the true goal, competition! sweaty, fast, frustrating COMPETITION!
>
> Happy forging y’all !!!

And if its BTB, your map BETTER NOT BE BIG ENOUGH for those vehicles

> 2533274810288954;19:
> > 2684064956505966;17:
> > Now here’s how to make a halo 5 map:
> >
> > 1)Asymmetrical or go the F home
> >
> > 2)ledges ramps and hallways EVERYWHERE
> >
> > 3)no notable landmarks whatsoever
> >
> > 4)don’t you dare put vehicles in unless it’s BTB
> >
> > 5)place spawns whereever you feel like, preferably in a line of sight of the best sniper spot on the map
> >
> > 6)make sure you color one side of the map red and one side blue
> >
> > 7)and for gods sake, don’t let fun get in the way of the true goal, competition! sweaty, fast, frustrating COMPETITION!
> >
> > Happy forging y’all !!!
>
>
> And if its BTB, your map BETTER NOT BE BIG ENOUGH for those vehicles

Single lane traffic is the future, Halo needed to evolve