With All This Talk of Halo copying COD

It makes me wonder. Did people every say Call of Duty was copying Halo when Black Ops introduced their superior(at least to me) version of theater mode? I’m just wondering since I wasn’t really into this stuff at that time.

I certainly raised the point to my friends, but they just told me to shut up.

P.S. Halo’s theatre is far more superior IMO

> I certainly raised the point to my friends, but they just told me to shut up.
>
> P.S. Halo’s theatre is far more superior IMO

I don’t want to start anything but Black Ops theater has the ability to put multiple clips into 1 video. I don’t see that in Halo.

Of course they did, but does it really matter in the end?

Yeah Halo’s theater was far less glitchy and cumbersome than Black Ops.

> > I certainly raised the point to my friends, but they just told me to shut up.
> >
> > P.S. Halo’s theatre is far more superior IMO
>
> I don’t want to start anything but Black Ops theater has the ability to put multiple clips into 1 video. I don’t see that in Halo.

True, but even with that CoD can’t make machinimas nearly as well as Halo can.

> > I certainly raised the point to my friends, but they just told me to shut up.
> >
>
> I don’t want to start anything but Black Ops theater has the ability to put multiple clips into 1 video. I don’t see that in Halo.

The only reason I prefer Halo’s is because it is alot less glitchy (For me anyway)

The addition that BLOPS bought in was a good one don’t get me wrong.

Now the thing is, will people complain if 343 added that same ability?

> > > I certainly raised the point to my friends, but they just told me to shut up.
> > >
> > > P.S. Halo’s theatre is far more superior IMO
> >
> > I don’t want to start anything but Black Ops theater has the ability to put multiple clips into 1 video. I don’t see that in Halo.
>
> The only reason I prefer Halo’s is because it is alot less glitchy (For me anyway)
>
> The addition that BLOPS bought in was a good one don’t get me wrong.
>
> Now the thing is, will people complain if 343 added that same ability?

Oh I wouldn’t doubt it. They should though it would make things so much easier.

> > > > I certainly raised the point to my friends, but they just told me to shut up.
> > > >
> > > > P.S. Halo’s theatre is far more superior IMO
> > >
> > > I don’t want to start anything but Black Ops theater has the ability to put multiple clips into 1 video. I don’t see that in Halo.
> >
> > The only reason I prefer Halo’s is because it is alot less glitchy (For me anyway)
> >
> > The addition that BLOPS bought in was a good one don’t get me wrong.
> >
> > Now the thing is, will people complain if 343 added that same ability?
>
> Oh I wouldn’t doubt it. They should though it would make things so much easier.

I agree, it was a good feature.

Although I saw my fair share of glitches with Black Ops’ theatre, it was far worse in MW3.

> It makes me wonder. Did people every say Call of Duty was copying Halo when Black Ops introduced their superior(at least to me) version of theater mode? I’m just wondering since I wasn’t really into this stuff at that time.

Yup, not even going to lie my friends that loved COD were all crying about how it was copying Halo with theater mode and copying Reach with it’s credit system.

People are just idiots.

> It makes me wonder. Did people every say Call of Duty was copying Halo when Black Ops introduced their superior(at least to me) version of theater mode? I’m just wondering since I wasn’t really into this stuff at that time.

No, nor did anyone question when Call of Duty added regenerating health (It was a while back, but well after Halo 1 implemented the mechanic).

> >
>

All CODBO’s theatre mode brought to the table is Y Y off the grid betty white no-scope montages… >.<

> > It makes me wonder. Did people every say Call of Duty was copying Halo when Black Ops introduced their superior(at least to me) version of theater mode? I’m just wondering since I wasn’t really into this stuff at that time.
>
> No, nor did anyone question when Call of Duty added regenerating health (It was a while back, but well after Halo 1 implemented the mechanic).

Or when World at War had tanks in multiplayer after Halo 1, 2 and 3 did.

No one said anything at all

While BO’s theatre mode does seem technically better than Reach’s the game is lacking so its not used. If Halo had the BO theatre mode it’d be great.

> >
>
> I don’t want to start anything but Black Ops theater has the ability to put multiple clips into 1 video. <mark>I don’t see that in Halo</mark>.

Not YET

Or when Halo copied Doom?

> Or when Halo copied Doom?

Doom should get credit at the end of every FPS for inventing the rules in which they are played.

> Or when World at War had tanks in multiplayer after Halo 1, 2 and 3 did.
>
> No one said anything at all

I’m guessing you’re sarcastic, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

> P.S. Halo’s theatre is far more superior IMO

lol, no.

blatant fanboyism.

Games tend to take good ideas from others to improve their games as time goes on.
As someone who has played MANY MMO RPGs I’ve seen it a lot.

All that matters and SHOULD matter is how the changes effect overall gameplay, if the quality is well thought out and improved from said copied games then it is a success. If poorly implemented then it has failed.