Winter Update has broken Infinite even more

After the new update, the game errors and inconsistencies have increased even more than before. These are the following issues I have observed while playing on Xbox

• d-sync or modding - I don’t know - PC advantage even more skewed. Barrels do zero to 1/4 damage. Skewers have zero damage now. Auto pistol is too powerful.

• Freezes during gameplay

• AFK players galore.

• Lots of bot matches. More bots starting games and with folks quitting during gameplay, very rare to finish 4v4 without bots. I along with Live friends quit games when PC players are in the room - no point.

• Multiplayer is unavailable after a few games.

4 Likes

I will say I have noticed an increase in my game crashing mid-match and with rubberbanding, this is at low ping as well and on xbox series X. Also, we know there has been issues with shot registration and blank melees but I have noticed this happening more. Just today I snuck up behind a guy with a skewer and went for the back smack only to phase through him, and then I snipe a guy with no shields right in the chest and nothing. I’m not sure what is going on with this game but every update seems to break something new or make the already existing inconsistencies in the game much worse.

1 Like

I’d like to add the new maps seem laggy asf also.

I have to agree. I played one game of ranked where one guy on my team was 0 and 17 and 0 assists. It was frustrating, to say the least.

Hey, you know PC players have zero advantage, right?

5 Likes

I also had a few bot and afk people. That skewer bug i encounter regularly.

1 Like

I think all this has a lot to do with forge guys. It was huge and still really buggy. Till forge is fully operational I could imagine it’s having a major impact on the Infinite’s whole system. We are still in the beta of forge. After Thanksgiving weekend, will be 30 days and there have been many issues so far that 343 knows and has been collaborative on how to attack it. Plus now they have finally let us know that with forge being a new different engine basically, it’s way easier to update and fix versus the normal multiplayer. It sux but this game has been kinda broken from the start

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

You say that like there haven’t been a plethora of hacks for Halo on console for the last 15 years, it’s not just a PC thing.

What is so frustrating to me is that the ranked match will start 3v4 we lose because we were missing that extra person. We came close to winning but still lost because they had that extra person to help grab power ups or power weapons this s**t needs to be fixed. If i quit my rank goes down if i remain in the match my rank goes down if a 3v4 match were to happen which it shouldn’t but if it does the team out numbered shouldn’t lose anything thing if they manage to win they should be rewards and gain extra towards their rank. Its ridiculous

2 Likes

Only main issues I’ve noticed is Forge is buggy as hell. I have no idea how people are able to make good looking Forge maps with how broken the current Forge implementation is.
I booted it up, tried to place 2 metal slabs down and was immediately met with texture issues and flashing that’d hurt your eyes just looking at it.

1 Like

Go try to play a match of any old Call of Duty game. Go on, I dare you.

1 Like

Why is it that whenever I see one of your posts it’s almost always bait which has little to no relation to the original topic?

2 Likes

I generally have to agree.

I’m getting way more freezes, my grenade trails turned green, I’m getting crashes, desync is worse than ever, my connection will just spike out of nowhere, and sometimes the lobby will just close leaving me behind.

Like seriously, people just start running on the spot and I can be there for like 5 minutes and the game doesn’t even kick me out. It’s so strange.

1 Like

PC players def have an advantage. The connection between the 2 isn’t consistent and In split millisecond battles PC players always get the win. Kind of a joke imo.

Miss the days when Halo was Xbox exclusive… Fair and balanced.

1 Like

1 Like

So tell my why I lose 80% of after melee/one bullet shot ?
The only valuable reason is the quality of your connection vs the opponent. And mine is poor.

PC i players are the worst. The are ruining gaming.

No. But your toxicity is.

1 Like

Hey you know that’s totally false. But nice try.

2 Likes

Yikes Shaggy, tt sounds like you have never played online before. Do not be so afraid of honesty. Perhaps Scooby can help you find the courage.

1 Like