Winter Battle Pass full of filler, 33%, 10/30

4 of the same exact emblem and xp boost
As well no Commando shoulders which were part of the Carter kit you PAID FOR and still wont be able to use separately.

11/8/22: As expected in the Jan Joint Fire pass event there is 10 items, and you can guess what armor set 9 of the customization items belong to. Kept out of one pass to extend another.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/yputes/winter_contingency_and_fire_join_passes/

17 Likes

There is a lot of good stuff in there. I’m not expecting every single tier to be a top requested item. If anything, they could add more filler to bump it to 40 or 50 tiers.

9 Likes

Would’ve rather seen swaps over XP Boost. I never use them because the progression is fast enough, generally speaking. Also the challenge system made maxing out my use of the boost very unreliable.

And the 4x emblem is still super lame. No one wants emblems anyways. They could’ve just stacked the 4 together and gave 4 different ones if they insist on not giving out something better.

Whatever. At least they aren’t charging for it in the store I guess. Woohoo… :partying_face:

4 Likes

I have 52 boosts as it is. I wasn’t expecting much - the birthday party kill effect will be fun though.

2 Likes

Were you really expecting a good battle pass? I know I wasn’t. Multiple helmet attachments are also missing. :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, Stockholm syndrome is rampant it seems. Really ticks me off Commando shoulders are not in there. Remove Xp and Emblem and you have more spaces for armor.

6 Likes

But… then they wouldn’t have anything to put in the shop. No one is buying XP and emblems.

1 Like

The Mark V [b] core is a little unique. All of the helmet attachments can be used on each helmet (kind of like OG Reach). So many of the attachments may have already been available in the S1 BP or in the store (or they’re coming later).

3 Likes

They’re putting quite a few reach pieces into the Winter Contingency event, don’t forget that

I get MK5 helmet for free, i’m happy with it. I seriously don’t get how ppl can complain about free crap. Complain when the old stuff you want is pay walled, fair enough, but it’s stuff we all were wanting for free and they did exactly what was asked, and still you ppl find something to complain about.

4 Likes

They need to put in ALL of the Reach armor pieces in this Battle Pass. There should NOT be ANY XP or Challenge Swap tokens, OR emblems. Every tier in this “pass” needs to have armor.

They’re definitely going to put some of this stuff in the store. Absolute BS.

3 Likes

Since 343’s just not getting it, time for 5th-grade level of instructions. Yay (he said sarcastically).

Remove All Emblems/Xp/Challenge Tokens
Replace said items above with All Armor/Camos
DO NOT PUT ANY REACH ITEMS IN STORE. PUT ALL REACH ITEMS IN BATTLE PASS.

Actually listen to Halo Fans for F’s sake.

3 Likes

I’m 100% convinced they want the entire Halo franchise to die.

6 Likes

Obviously.

What would you put in the store then?

2 Likes

It would be optimal if the store was no longer a thing, but Microsoft would never go for that.

2 Likes

Carter’s Shoulders, aka Sap/Cd0 don’t seem to be on the 30 tier battle pass… =|

He was a Spartan/Noble and Hero of Reach…

I guess they’re either going to be a Store item now or event item…
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2884425050

I think someone mentioned it’ll be apart of the January Joint Fire event… Yay, more waiting… Well, since we’re still heavily limited on Armor Coatings for Mark V Armors it wasn’t like I was going to use the core all that much anyway… ¬¬

2 Likes

Probably jealous of Bungie. It’s hard to find good people in the game development industry.

2 Likes

Are we talking the same people who, without asking the community, removed DLC from their game?

4 Likes

I suppose that’s my mistake. I was referring to the good version of Bungie that had existed. Pre-2010s Bungie if that makes sense.

3 Likes

Yeah, that Bungie seems to be gone though. Ironically, 343 is probably the closest thing to that Bungie.

4 Likes