Winning is FUN, almost winning is even better

Yes another ranking discussion! Anyways anyone that’s played any of the previous CoD titles will know that the majority of games equals trolling with riot shields, spinning around, trickshotting, guests not playing, teams smashing randys etc it goes on & on, this is what Halo 4 sounds like it will turn into, because as i can tell there is no reason to win ala CoD.

I have heard Starcraft 2 has an awesome levelling system, that works. Black Ops 2 sounds like it’s copying this idea and it sounds brilliant!

So let’s making winning everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3tVaUjmogY

Winning, almost winning. No difference, same thrill.

I miss those competitive games where it’s close! I only get that in Arena. Losing 50-49 is more fun than winning 50-10 all the time.

Something needs to happen in Halo 4 to make winning matter, otherwise we are in for the casual, guest players ruining everything and trickshotting cos hell why not?

The only true competitive place in Halo Reach is The Arena, it gives your level’s players, teams are balanced, all is good.

OUTDATED

One thing I always disliked about Arena is that you seem to be competing as much against your own team to get higher points as you are the enemy. Even if you are finding a game easy if someone on your team is also doing well they are effectively denying you kills and you will lose points. Arena rewards selfish play where you look out for yourself, steal kills, hog power weapons and scramble over getting kills as fast as possible. I hope that system doesn’t return but a skill system based just on win/loss has its own set of problems.

So…CoD is getting a Skill based ranking system and we are loosing it? Herecy!

Oh well i guess i have to wait untill 343i reveal how the new one is going to be…

Fingers crossed

Arena is only based on win/loss and has been for the past 4/5 seasons, maybe more, not sure on the exact. I play with the same people in Arena and we all are the same rank. I’m not at all saying Arena is ideal or even 1-50, although the latter is preferred imo. I am hoping 343 think of a new solution that will innovate. They have the resources to also moderate cheaters/boosters if any come about as is expected in any form of online gaming.

i trust that these self-proclaimed top talents in the industry can come up with something as doing nothing is a copout.

> The only true competitive place in Halo Reach is The Arena, it gives your level’s players, teams are balanced, all is good.

You can climb the Arena ladder with that attitude all you want, but you won’t like what you find at the top my friend.

> > The only true competitive place in Halo Reach is The Arena, it gives your level’s players, teams are balanced, all is good.
>
> You can climb the Arena ladder with that attitude all you want, but you won’t like what you find at the top my friend.

Arena is good until you hit the top 10% onyx then what you find is players searching 2/2s to match randys or others doing the same & you also get host booted and laggy connections with broken maps such as red team making sure they get sword base and reflection etc.