Win bonus in TO is now 140% of Game Complete!

I’ve just dipped into Team Objective to test out the new ‘credit stimulus’ that 343i have implemented. Contrary to the Weekly Bulletin saying it was now double and contrary to the ‘win games fast’ sentiment expressed in this post, it is actually 7x the usual amount and the optimal way to earn this is to extend games as long as possible so you minimise the time where you are not in a game and earning cR.

So it’s not 40% of Game Complete, as I expected, it is now 140% of your game complete.

That’s pretty huge. Seems like a mistake TBH.

I feel it’s worth noting that Objective Holding (which was mentioned for some reason during that section of the bulletin) is now FAR more lucrative than it was before. Rather than holding the objective when you’ve secured the win earning you 1.2x Game Complete every minute, you’ll now be getting 2.4x Game Complete for every minute you extend the game! (maybe that’s what they meant by doubling?)

There is now more incentive to win, yes, but actually less reason to end the game early.

Interestingly, the population of Team Objective doesn’t seem much, if at all, higher. Perhaps people simply don’t know yet, or they really do hate TO*.

NB: ‘Performance Bonus’ for draws seems unchanged at 10% of Game Complete.

As an Eclipse, these were samples I collected:
Game Complete - Perfomance Bonus
1631 - 2285
2331 - 3264
1398 - 1959
695 - 979
1165 - 1632

As you can see, if you crunch the numbers, it is pretty convincing evidence that Performance Bonus for winning is now 1.4x Game Complete.

*and TBH, the only reason I went in was to research this. Some of the games were pretty terrible. Neutral Bomb really is very bad.

Was very fun, at least for our team. Eventually some one on the other team just quits and the game becomes spawn kill till the last min, then cap the last flag.

> I’ve just dipped into Team Objective to test out the new ‘credit stimulus’ that 343i have implemented. Contrary to the Weekly Bulletin saying it was now double and contrary to the ‘win games fast’ sentiment expressed in this post, it is actually 7x the usual amount and the optimal way to earn this is to extend games as long as possible so you minimise the time where you are not in a game and earning cR.
>
> So it’s not 40% of Game Complete, as I expected, it is now 140% of your game complete.
>
> That’s pretty huge. Seems like a mistake TBH.
>
> I feel it’s worth noting that Objective Holding (which was mentioned for some reason during that section of the bulletin) is now FAR more lucrative than it was before. Rather than holding the objective when you’ve secured the win earning you 1.2x Game Complete every minute, you’ll now be getting 2.4x Game Complete for every minute you extend the game! (maybe that’s what they meant by doubling?)
>
> There is now more incentive to win, yes, but actually less reason to end the game early.
>
> Interestingly, the population of Team Objective doesn’t seem much, if at all, higher. Perhaps people simply don’t know yet, or they really do hate TO*.
>
> NB: ‘Performance Bonus’ for draws seems unchanged at 10% of Game Complete.
>
> As an Eclipse, these were samples I collected:
> Game Complete - Perfomance Bonus
> 1631 - 2285
> 2331 - 3264
> 1398 - 1959
> 695 - 979
> 1165 - 1632
>
> As you can see, if you crunch the numbers, it is pretty convincing evidence that Performance Bonus for winning is now 1.4x Game Complete.
>
> *and TBH, the only reason I went in was to research this. Some of the games were pretty terrible. Neutral Bomb really is very bad.

so me and my team will be more rewarded for stating on kids? lol!

Shouldn’t you be earning no (next to none) credits for kills and earn extra credits for how fast your team secures the objective?

> Shouldn’t you be earning no (next to none) credits for kills and earn extra credits for how fast your team secures the objective?

thats what i would think. I guess they want stacked teams of 5 going into team objecting and making kids rage quit halo.

> Shouldn’t you be earning no (next to none) credits for kills and earn extra credits for how fast your team secures the objective?

More or less, yes.

I’ve already designed a system that would do it really beautifully too - just sayin’.

> > Shouldn’t you be earning no (next to none) credits for kills and earn extra credits for how fast your team secures the objective?
>
> More or less, yes.
>
> I’ve already designed a system that would do it really beautifully too - just sayin’.

unfortunately for you, 343 doesnt listen to the community. just look at invasion. I guess this is their way of saying.

"Hey competitive player, we know we took away squad slayer, took away zb, havent done anything about the people who hit you offline in arena, but we will make it up to you by giving you more credits for holding the objective and stating on kids in team obj.

k bye thanks"

lol

Hmmm… you are making me want to play objectives again…
Yeah, I loved objectives and Invasion because you can’t win just killing other people, but after seeing that objectives gave more credits to someone from the losing team that only camped and killed that someone from the winning team that (for example) killed some guys and captured all flags, didn’t seem more fun to me. At least in Invasion that didnt happen a lot.

But after seeing this, I might be Eclipse by the next Tuesday, half million left and I hope to be Forerruner before entering High School this september :slight_smile:

As soon as I read their “idea” I knew strait away you would get rewarded even more for “HTO”.