will you support Halo5 for 15 years?

<mark>Do not re-post locked content.</mark>

to all you “pro sprint” players out there. you support sprint and tell us “non-sprinters” to move on or halo needs to evolve, which seems to imply that you would not support a game you love for that long…
I understand 15 years is a really long time to support a game. As a kid, I played Super Mario Bros on Nes and to this day I still love that game; I also had the same love for the 15 year old original halo.
see you in 2030!

So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.

> 2533274837720524;2:
> So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.

Halo CE when I first started. Lan Party’s and Split Screen. XBL for H2. And guess what…

… Also Pro Sprint.

“Anyone who liked sprint couldn’t have liked Halo before Reach.” <<< Your argument is invalid!

> 2535439591027102;3:
> > 2533274837720524;2:
> > So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.
>
>
> Halo CE when I first started. Lan Party’s and Split Screen. XBL for H2. And guess what…
>
> … Also Pro Sprint.
>
> “Anyone who liked sprint couldn’t have liked Halo before Reach.” <<< Your argument is invalid!

Exactly. Long term fans like us like sprint, others don’t. But sprint is here to stay and people just don’t understand that… it’s kinda sad really.

> 2533274837720524;4:
> > 2535439591027102;3:
> > > 2533274837720524;2:
> > > So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.
> >
> >
> > Halo CE when I first started. Lan Party’s and Split Screen. XBL for H2. And guess what…
> >
> > … Also Pro Sprint.
> >
> > “Anyone who liked sprint couldn’t have liked Halo before Reach.” <<< Your argument is invalid!
>
>
> Exactly. Long term fans like us like sprint, others don’t. But sprint is here to stay and people just don’t understand that… it’s kinda sad really.

I just accept times that times change. For good and for bad. I think sprint was a welcoming addition imo. But whether people love it or hate it, like you said… Its here to stay.

I am an avid halo fan from day dot and there are no issues with sprint as it suits a lot of the game

Jokes on you OP 15 years would be 2031.

> 2535439591027102;5:
> > 2533274837720524;4:
> > > 2535439591027102;3:
> > > > 2533274837720524;2:
> > > > So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.
> > >
> > >
> > > Halo CE when I first started. Lan Party’s and Split Screen. XBL for H2. And guess what…
> > >
> > > … Also Pro Sprint.
> > >
> > > “Anyone who liked sprint couldn’t have liked Halo before Reach.” <<< Your argument is invalid!
> >
> >
> > Exactly. Long term fans like us like sprint, others don’t. But sprint is here to stay and people just don’t understand that… it’s kinda sad really.
>
>
> I just accept times that times change. For good and for bad. I think sprint was a welcoming addition imo. But whether people love it or hate it, like you said… Its here to stay.

Here to stay you say?

Others said the same about custom loadouts, ordnance, and kill cams in Halo 4, and they are gone now. Dual Wielding was also removed.

Nothing is ever “here to stay” if it negatively impacts the game, it will eventually be removed. Sprint is not needed to be “modern” or “fast paced” that can be done by simply increasing base speed, the animation adds nothing to gameplay. It only makes it feel a little more welcoming to the players who play the generic FPS games.

> 2533274837720524;2:
> So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.

no bad new for me, it is not whether you are pro-sprint or not. its about how “non sprinters” supported a game for 15 years. it seem that many of you "pro sprint"players have deep passion to have it in halo. your attitudes on this issues seems to be at war against “non sprinters” as they stood by halo for a very long time (15 years). the question for you “pro sprinters” is in the thread title. So, will you stand by halo5 for 15 years or not? simple question. I know it seems rhetorical question just try to answer the best you can.

Actually, when Halo first came out in early part of the new millennium, I thought it was going to be the best game of the century. for people to be supporting a game after 15 years it’s not a bad start imo.

[deleted]

> 2533274837720524;4:
> > 2535439591027102;3:
> > > 2533274837720524;2:
> > > So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.
> >
> >
> > Halo CE when I first started. Lan Party’s and Split Screen. XBL for H2. And guess what…
> >
> > … Also Pro Sprint.
> >
> > “Anyone who liked sprint couldn’t have liked Halo before Reach.” <<< Your argument is invalid!
>
>
> Exactly. Long term fans like us like sprint, others don’t. But sprint is here to stay and people just don’t understand that… it’s kinda sad really.

I am not prosprint but I understand completely that long term fan =/= anti-sprint.
That said, I’ll keep fighting for the removal of sprint since I Think it’s a cheap “armor ability” that’s basically ruining the game; poor map design, huge bullet magnetism, nuclear frag grenades, spartan charge… the list can go on for quite a while

There are two reasons for sprint being a mechanic in Halo 5;

  1. Catering to people from other casual FPS-communities. COD I’m looking at you. Sprint is in the game to make sure that COD-players do not feel alienated while playing Halo 5.
  2. “immersion”

The downsides of sprint far outweighs the pros and should thus not be in the game, in my opinion.

> 2533274875084332;8:
> > 2535439591027102;5:
> > > 2533274837720524;4:
> > > > 2535439591027102;3:
> > > > > 2533274837720524;2:
> > > > > So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Halo CE when I first started. Lan Party’s and Split Screen. XBL for H2. And guess what…
> > > >
> > > > … Also Pro Sprint.
> > > >
> > > > “Anyone who liked sprint couldn’t have liked Halo before Reach.” <<< Your argument is invalid!
> > >
> > >
> > > Exactly. Long term fans like us like sprint, others don’t. But sprint is here to stay and people just don’t understand that… it’s kinda sad really.
> >
> >
> > I just accept times that times change. For good and for bad. I think sprint was a welcoming addition imo. But whether people love it or hate it, like you said… Its here to stay.
>
>
> Here to stay you say?
>
> Others said the same about custom loadouts, ordnance, and kill cams in Halo 4, and they are gone now. Dual Wielding was also removed.
>
> Nothing is ever “here to stay” if it negatively impacts the game, it will eventually be removed. Sprint is not needed to be “modern” or “fast paced” that can be done by simply increasing base speed, the animation adds nothing to gameplay. It only makes it feel a little more welcoming to the players who play the generic FPS games.

All those things you stated negatively affected the gameplay, sprint does not(anymore). Your argument is invalid and you’re just complaining about a feature that 343 wants to put in their games…

Go play DOOM or something if you hate sprint so much.

Sorry OP, but didn’t you post this yesterday and it got locked?

> 2533274874722389;7:
> Jokes on you OP 15 years would be 2031.

my mistake, thanks for clearing that

> 2533274847563380;13:
> Sorry OP, but didn’t you post this yesterday and it got locked?

huh, why did it get locked?
what is lockable about this thread you say?

> 2533274909329991;14:
> > 2533274874722389;7:
> > Jokes on you OP 15 years would be 2031.
>
>
> my mistake, thanks for clearing that
>
>
> > 2533274847563380;13:
> > Sorry OP, but didn’t you post this yesterday and it got locked?
>
>
> huh, why did it get locked?
> what is lockable about this thread you say?

I don’t know why exactly it was locked, but there are rules against makeing another post of something after it was locked. PM one of the mods if you have any questions.

Just looking out for ya bruv, it sucks to get in trouble for little things like this.

I’ve been supporting Halo since I was about 7 years old, I don’t see any reason to stop now XD

Also Sprint or no Sprint, the games play out just fine.

I don’t mind sprint but I don’t see what it gives that an increase in base movement speed with smaller less stretched out maps wouldn’t. The combination of sprint, spartan charge and the small radar is the one of the most annoying things in arena.

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274847563380;15:
> > 2533274909329991;14:
> > > 2533274874722389;7:
> > > Jokes on you OP 15 years would be 2031.
> >
> >
> > my mistake, thanks for clearing that
> >
> >
> > > 2533274847563380;13:
> > > Sorry OP, but didn’t you post this yesterday and it got locked?
> >
> >
> > huh, why did it get locked?
> > what is lockable about this thread you say? but monitor message me not to post negativity about leaving halo, i don’t have that in this thread,
>
>
> I don’t know why exactly, but there are rules against makeing another post of something after it was locked. PM one of the mods if you have any questions.
> Just looking out for ya bruv, it sucks to get in trouble for little things like this.

don’t feel no pity for me. i would feel pity for waypoint, for not reflecting all voices to be heard if by way of oppression from leadership. if there is an entity that only wants to hear one perspective, one voice, one opinion; thats not a community but a dictatorship.

> 2533274837720524;12:
> > 2533274875084332;8:
> > > 2535439591027102;5:
> > > > 2533274837720524;4:
> > > > > 2535439591027102;3:
> > > > > > 2533274837720524;2:
> > > > > > So people who like sprint can’t have liked Halo before Reach? Well I’ve been a fan since early Halo 2 and I’m pro-sprint… so I have some bad news for ya.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo CE when I first started. Lan Party’s and Split Screen. XBL for H2. And guess what…
> > > > >
> > > > > … Also Pro Sprint.
> > > > >
> > > > > “Anyone who liked sprint couldn’t have liked Halo before Reach.” <<< Your argument is invalid!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Exactly. Long term fans like us like sprint, others don’t. But sprint is here to stay and people just don’t understand that… it’s kinda sad really.
> > >
> > >
> > > I just accept times that times change. For good and for bad. I think sprint was a welcoming addition imo. But whether people love it or hate it, like you said… Its here to stay.
> >
> >
> > Here to stay you say?
> >
> > Others said the same about custom loadouts, ordnance, and kill cams in Halo 4, and they are gone now. Dual Wielding was also removed.
> >
> > Nothing is ever “here to stay” if it negatively impacts the game, it will eventually be removed. Sprint is not needed to be “modern” or “fast paced” that can be done by simply increasing base speed, the animation adds nothing to gameplay. It only makes it feel a little more welcoming to the players who play the generic FPS games.
>
>
> All those things you stated negatively affected the gameplay, sprint does not(anymore). Your argument is invalid and you’re just complaining about a feature that 343 wants to put in their games…
>
> Go play DOOM or something if you hate sprint so much.

You claim my argument is s invalid and sprint does not impact gameplay, yet you provide no examples or proof? How typical of a prop sprinter. Everyone knows by now the negatives of sprint, the whole -Yoink!- game needed to be designed around it, when they could have simply increased the base speed.

And finally, I don’t “hate sprint”. It’s fine in games like battlefield, but not in halo.

> 2533274909329991;18:
> > 2533274847563380;15:
> > > 2533274909329991;14:
> > > > 2533274874722389;7:
> > > > Jokes on you OP 15 years would be 2031.
> > >
> > >
> > > my mistake, thanks for clearing that
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274847563380;13:
> > > > Sorry OP, but didn’t you post this yesterday and it got locked?
> > >
> > >
> > > huh, why did it get locked?
> > > what is lockable about this thread you say? but monitor message me not to post negativity about leaving halo, i don’t have that in this thread.
> >
> >
> > I don’t know why exactly, but there are rules against makeing another post of something after it was locked. PM one of the mods if you have any questions.
> >
> > Just looking out for ya bruv, it sucks to get in trouble for little things like this.
>
>
> don’t feel no pity for me. i feel pity for waypoint, for not reflecting all voices to be heard by way of oppression from leadership. if there is an entity that only wants to hear one perspective, one voice, one opinion; thats not a community but a dictatorship.

I think it has to do with people spamming topics, not so much there ideals. Although some ideals are more or less non constructive in nature.