Will you still forge on erosion/ravine?

when forge island comes out?

i’ll still prolly forge a little on impact because of the space backdrop

but erosion and ravine i’ve barely touched and i don’t think i’ll be returning to them.

i suppose erosion’s craggy theme givers it bonus points but ravine is basicly the same, only the ground is less dirty and theres a forerunner structure

probably not but we still dont know how exxactly big forge island will be i want it to be atleast half of what forge world was

the first time i forged on ravine was a massive rage by the return to the battlefield and it was when i discovered that the monitor doesnt have the zoom i raged so hard i turned off the xbox and played halo 3…lol

I normally forge on Ravine or Impact. When Forge Island comes out, I expect to be messing around on there a lot, simply because of its massive size and work space.

only impact, the skybox is just beautiful

Probably not Ravine, maybe Erosion, definitely Impact. I like the latter’s open space setting and its unique pallet.

Nope. I barely know how to forge anyway

The forge islands look sweet tho

I hope people will continue forging on the old maps. What I hope for more is for 343 to implement more Erosion, Impact, and Ravine variations into matchmaking.

> Nope. I barely know how to forge anyway

same here. im horrible.

No. I don’t even use them now. The only place I would have used on Ravine is inaccessible and Erosion is dark and cluttered.

All of my maps are floating out in the open space on Impact, and if the islands have more open airspace I’ll be done with Impact as well.

I don’t forge but if I did I would keep using it for forge its a great map.

Wait what maps? The two terrible foreg maps we got a launch? I will play matches on them but never forge on them. Forge Island and Impact are good enough for me.

Maybe. I already got a few unfinished maps there.

> only impact, the skybox is just beautiful

i agree, i’ve always longed for a space themed map to forge on, impact was the main selling point for me.

I barely use forge anyway because of the lack of forge. I’m looking forward to the forge world and if it isn’t great I’ll just have to make due with these maps.

> > Nope. I barely know how to forge anyway
>
> same here. im horrible.

oh come on, everyone forges, even if it’s just a tower of fusion coils stacked up on one another, i don’t make conventional maps, i just make aesthetic maps for fun. i remember back in halo 3 i had no clue on how to forge me and my friend just made bases from scrap and messed around in them.

i did a lot of forging on reach, most of it is unfinished or crappy though.

halo 4, not so much because of the annoying pallete, stupid holes… i’ve made a grifball map and a space ship map and thats it, i also tried to make a conventional map on ravine but i suck at making conventional maps, i’d do well to get help on that one.

i’d say the best thing to do is to just put random forge pieces together, come up with a generic idea then turn it into something interesting.

> > > Nope. I barely know how to forge anyway
> >
> > same here. im horrible.
>
> oh come on, everyone forges, even if it’s just a tower of fusion coils stacked up on one another, i don’t make conventional maps, i just make aesthetic maps for fun. i remember back in halo 3 i had no clue on how to forge me and my friend just made bases from scrap and messed around in them.

I mostly just make stunt courses and go around do flips and barrel rolls in a Mongoose or Wraith.

Yep, you heard it. A Wraith doing flips.

> > > > Nope. I barely know how to forge anyway
> > >
> > > same here. im horrible.
> >
> > oh come on, everyone forges, even if it’s just a tower of fusion coils stacked up on one another, i don’t make conventional maps, i just make aesthetic maps for fun. i remember back in halo 3 i had no clue on how to forge me and my friend just made bases from scrap and messed around in them.
>
> I mostly just make stunt courses and go around do flips and barrel rolls in a Mongoose or Wraith.
>
> Yep, you heard it. A Wraith doing flips.

well thats forging, it’s a race track of some sorts.

Forge Island seems far less restricting than the current environments. I will probably mess around on them again but I’ll probably never try to build something serious on them ever again. FI will be my go to forge space.

I think once it comes out people will forge on Forge Island at least about 90% of the time. I give 343 a lot of credit for listening to the fans and giving them the flat open spaces they were asking for. I think people are going to be able to come up with some epic stuff, especially on the biggest of the 3 islands. Even Forge World didn’t have anything quite like that.