Will You Miss Firefight?

Just as a recap in case you’re one of the five people who haven’t heard, Firefight mode will not be making a return in Halo 4. Instead, Spartan Ops will be its spiritual successor, a gametype that has more in common with an episodic campaign mode.

Now I’m all about campaign: I didn’t play Halo online until I was in college (coincidentally, around the time Halo 3 came out). Having an extra boost to the story in the form of weekly episodes starring my own personal Spartan will be nothing short of a dream come true.

But is it worth the cost? We’re losing a mode of play that, in its comparatively short lifespan, has proven to not only be excessively fun and challenging but also an extremely profitable enterprise for the acquisition of credits, experience, and hilarious/awesome/failtacular films. It’s not perfect; there are plenty of griefers and idlers to be found there, like any online game. However, I’ve spent the overwhelming majority of my online play time in its embrace, going solo or teaming up with strangers to cripple Covenant operations across the galaxy. And I know I wasn’t the only one.

Halo 4 is just months away from release, so unless 343i has been developing it in secret there’s no chance we’ll see it come November. Equally unlikely is having it released as DLC, given the size such a file would have to be, not to mention all the extra effort required to make new maps. The most we can hope for is a few Firefight-style episodes in Spartan Ops.

I’m excited for Spartan Ops, but I will miss Firefight terribly. Will you?

I’m sorry, but i never really got into firefight, I mean i played some in reach so i could get the daily challanges but other than tha i never wilingly played it. So no i will not miss it

No

Spartan ops looks much better then Reach’s FF .

Also
ODST FF > Reach FF

> No
>
>
> Spartan ops looks much better then Reach’s FF .
>
>
>
>
> Also
> <mark>ODST FF > Reach FF</mark>

This, but no I won’t miss Firefight.

The only thing I will miss about firefight is ODST firefight. Spartan Ops looks way too awesome!

I jumped up for joy when I heard it was removed. Good riddance.

Bye bye lagfight, you shan’t be missed.

Anyone who says spartan ops is better than firefight, spartan ops is just a campaign to fill a gap to halo 5. Firefight is a mode where you fight waves of enemies that’s all. In Spartan ops you just have to keep moving until you reach the objective.

I do see firefight returning in halo 5 maybe?

Yeah I enjoyed FF but hopefully Spartan Op will be cool.

Reach’s firefight was really not as fun as ODST’s firefight. You wanna know why? SERGEANT MAJOR JOHNSON, that’s why! Spartan ops will give our own spartans a little story of their own as well, which is super awesome!

I will not miss Reach’s firefight at all.

I already miss ODST firefight a little bit, but Spartan Ops looks much better. Reach’s firefight is…bad.

> > No
> >
> >
> > Spartan ops looks much better then Reach’s FF .
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Also
> > <mark>ODST FF > Reach FF</mark>
>
> This, but no I won’t miss Firefight.

I won’t miss it .

I was just saying ODST FF was much better then Reach’s FF

ewww firefight was so boring…

Not even a little.

A little, but to be fair Spartan Ops looks much better. IMO

I did miss (the true) firefight during Reach lifespan. I have already overcome the fact that there isn’t anymore (true) Firefight since 1 year ago.

So, no. I’ll not miss Firefight. However, I would love if there was a way to fix the netcode of Halo 3:ODST so I could have a good game with friends. Sadly isn’t possible.

I liked ODST’s Firefight, and Reach’s was okay…but I think it’s time for it to go, and I definitely won’t miss it.

I’ve kind of grown out of the whole “survival / horde” type modes, and I’m excited with what they’re doing with Spartan Ops. I think that will be the perfect successor to the co-op experience that Firefight was.

No, I wont miss it. If I do, I can always go play ODST or a fantastic game of reach FF.

I miss it a little, But spartan ops will be better IMO

> Anyone who says spartan ops is better than firefight, spartan ops is just a campaign to fill a gap to halo 5. Firefight is a mode where you fight waves of enemies that’s all. In Spartan ops you just have to keep moving until you reach the objective.
>
> I do see firefight returning in halo 5 maybe?

On Spartan Ops, there are firefight alike objectives. And Generator defense is confirmed.

Not really, I never played it so much.