Will you Buy Halo 5 at Launch?

Personally I’m going to wait until some decent reviews come out, I don’t want another disappointment like Halo 4.

But everybody has an opinion, what’s yours?

What’s good is that we’re gonna have the beta to get a good feel for what the game’s all about before we have to buy it. I also hope that 343 spend a lot more time promoting the game play before launch instead of the story (though in all honesty it was probably a smart thing to do that with Halo 4). That would be nice to see.

If all goes well I plan to pre-order and get what ever special edition thingamajig that’s available and have it become the game that I play on a weekly basis for roughly three years, just like every past installment.

Yes.

Halo 4 was disappointing but it was still worth getting and despite the problems it was enjoyable.

The problem with the beta is it only tells us about the multiplayer, which I find myself caring less and less about.

It won’t tell us anything about campaign, firefight, Spartan ops, etc, which matter more to me than multiplayer.

Up to this point I’ve purchased every Halo as Legendary / Limited, or even limited console bundle.

Halo 5 is likely the first Halo that I’ll be waiting for reviews before purchasing, until I have more info about what they’ve done with the campaign, firefight, and Spartan Ops.

I’m definitely buying Halo 5 at launch at least for the Campaign.

If I can find a secondhand Xbone for a reasonable price, I’ll think about it. Halo is the only console game I’m interested in right now, but I’m not paying £400 for one game.

If no sprint and descope is back, yes. Otherwise, I’ll buy it used for the campaign.

The problem Halo 4 had on me was it scarred my love for Halo because it teared away from the aspects of what made Halo unique, I can’t go through it again, I’ll no doubt buy it but I don’t want it to follow Halo 4’s path.

I will instabuy a collector edition, or limited. I don’t care about the multi, just the Solo

Console edition at midnight.

Deal with it.

I will buy H5 prior to launch.

I will buy an Xbone to play it.

If history holds, Halo will be the only game I will play on the Xbone (it’s the only game I’ve ever played on my 360).

Having had an XBox One since launch it’s going to kill me having to pay full whack for H5 as I love Halo lore but XBox One game pricing is way over the top.

Do not buy anything digital edition as it’s even more

Yes
I thought Halo 4 was a great game and I can’t wait to play Halo 5

Not unless the beta is fantastic. After 4 I’ll be sceptical, despite what they’ve said lately about “arena” gameplay.
Put it this way: No chance I’m pre-ordering it.

I’ll enjoy the campaign at launch as we always have a bit of a get together, bit of nostalgia and what not. Multiplayer! I wouldn’t like to comment as nothing will bring back the good old days, so there’s no point in comparing, although it would be nice if they brought back visible ranks.

No.

I’m going to pre-order it the second the release date is announced.

Call me a blind follower, but in my opinion, Halo 4 wasn’t that big of a ‘disappointment’ through my eyes.

Now everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but what can I say? I’m already pumped. :slight_smile:

> No.
>
> I’m going to pre-order it the second the release date is announced.
>
> Call me a blind follower, but in my opinion, Halo 4 wasn’t that big of a ‘disappointment’ through my eyes.
>
> Now everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but what can I say? I’m already pumped. :slight_smile:

Big ol’ plate of this.

> Personally I’m going to wait until some decent reviews come out, I don’t want another disappointment like Halo 4.
>
> But everybody has an opinion, what’s yours?

Depends how the Beta goes, what they have planned and their general attitude towards supporting the title upon release. I’m not paying for another Halo 4.

This is completely make or break time for me, I’ve already decided to never purchase games from specific companies, I’d prefer 343 to not be one of them. Either this game shows some promise or I’m afraid I’ll be stuck in nostalgia land with the Master Chief Collection.

Not after the disaster Halo 4 was. Thankfully like the previous posters mentioned, we’re getting a beta nearly a whole year in advance so that will definitely help sway some opinions. One thing is for certain though, no more special editions for me. It’s a complete waste of money when 343 turns around months later and releases Game of the Year Editions with even MORE content on it for LESS than what I paid for.

> The problem with the beta is it only tells us about the multiplayer, which I find myself caring less and less about.
>
> It won’t tell us anything about campaign, firefight, Spartan ops, etc, which matter more to me than multiplayer.
>
> Up to this point I’ve purchased every Halo as Legendary / Limited, or even limited console bundle.
>
> Halo 5 is likely the first Halo that I’ll be waiting for reviews before purchasing, until I have more info about what they’ve done with the campaign, firefight, and Spartan Ops.

you should care more because when it goes the rest crumble. or at least arent supported as much as they could’ve been