Will you be getting the Halo 5 DLC Maps?

So, how many of you will be getting any of the DLC Maps Packs or the season pass for Halo 5? With the situation right now being that those that have bought the maps for Halo 4 rarely get to play on any of them.

It seems to be a big issue in the forums and I personally have the Season Pass and there are still maps in it that I have never even played in match making. Will you buy the DLC? Or wait until some kind of solution to use them in public is offered by 343? Do you mostly play private matches? Do most of your friends also buy the DLC and you play in a party?

My personal stance is not to buy ANY DLC maps in the future unless they announce a permanent playlist or some kind of solution where we would actually be able to play with those maps in public. Not private. And not a two week special that they decide on when we would get to play it.

Just curious.

Depends, if we get DLC supported playlist and the maps are good then yes I will buy them.

I will be getting the DLC regardless. The DLC situation is exactly the same now as it was in Halo 3 and Halo Reach, with the only difference with Halo 3 being the addition of the Mythic disc shipped with ODST (the only reason Halo 3’s DLC showed up more as voting options). Reach and Halo 4 had no such extra support to their matchmaking DLC, therefore people didn’t buy it.

Please note that people aren’t being ripped off if they buy the map packs, as 343 are under no legal obligation to provide permanent DLC playlists, since:
a) the DLC is already integrated into all playlists,
b) nowhere in the XBL Term of Service agreement or map pack descriptions does it state you are guaranteed to use the DLC in online multiplayer,
c) the maps are readily available for all DLC owners to use any time in other game modes (this is the main loophole in this whole thing as this means they are not denying access to paid content).

It also doesn’t help the current DLC situation if the people who complain the maps don’t show convince people not to buy them. If you people want to play the maps so much, then why don’t you try convincing people to buy DLC rather than tell them to stay away? Makes more sense to me.

Only if the maps are unique and good.
I’m also sick of remakes

I’ll probably buy them. Still hoping for 343 Industries to integrate DLC better into Matchmaking though.

Well, if there is going to be Halo themed Xbox One console that comes with the Map Pass, i will, but otherwise, i wont, unless the game has DLC playlists that dont disappear after few weeks.

I’ll wait and see how they handle DLC in Halo 5, if there even is any, seeing as they can simply add achievements whenever they like on the Xbox One.

The solution is simple: Add a permanent DLC playlist regardless of the population. People who pay for DLC should be given the opportunity to play it for the entire length of the game’s life.

They didn’t do this in Reach or Halo 4. In Halo 3 they made playlists DLC required, which only worked thanks to the much larger population. This most likely won’t be an option for Halo 5 after the first few months after release, judging from experience with Halo 4.

If they realize this and add the playlist from Day 1 of DLC release and don’t remove it, then I will buy it.

However, if they announce 3 DLC packs before release as they did this time around, they should add those maps to the game to begin with, since we’ll just be paying more than we should.

Forget DLC map packs, I want DLC swag packs like the champion bundle :smiley:

More Forge Island like DLC please.

> I will be getting the DLC regardless. The DLC situation is exactly the same now as it was in Halo 3 and Halo Reach, with the only difference with Halo 3 being the addition of the Mythic disc shipped with ODST (the only reason Halo 3’s DLC showed up more as voting options). Reach and Halo 4 had no such extra support to their matchmaking DLC, therefore people didn’t buy it.
>
> Please note that people aren’t being ripped off if they buy the map packs, as 343 are under no legal obligation to provide permanent DLC playlists, since:
> a) the DLC is already integrated into all playlists,
> b) nowhere in the XBL Term of Service agreement or map pack descriptions does it state you are guaranteed to use the DLC in online multiplayer,
> c) the maps are readily available for all DLC owners to use any time in other game modes (this is the main loophole in this whole thing as this means they are not denying access to paid content).
>
>
> It also doesn’t help the current DLC situation if the people who complain the maps don’t show convince people not to buy them. If you people want to play the maps so much, then why don’t you try convincing people to buy DLC rather than tell them to stay away? Makes more sense to me.

This is similar to cable packages in the sense that people do not want to pay for stuff that they are not gonna use. I got the season pass and enjoyed all the maps, especially Landfall because it promotes teamwork, but I did feel a bit cheated when the DLC playlist was removed. It’s really rare that a DLC map shows up in regular matchmaking for me nowadays. The point isn’t that they are required to or not but that they try to satisfy the consumer. Consumers pay the bills; thus, they are the utmost priority.

I won’t get any DLC maps, which aren’t free since I hate the idea of paying 5-15€ just for few maps, especially after having seen devs release new maps for free (PC version of L4D, Crysis 1 and so on).

The only exception I would ever have for that is a nice map for Forge…and even then I would rather have it for free.

> Forget DLC map packs, I want DLC swag packs like the champion bundle :smiley:

343 can’t go wrong with this type of DLC.

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive and inappropriate posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Depends on if Halo 5 is Call of Duty in Space like Halo 4 is. If that is the case, then no, I will not touch the DLC.

If it goes back to being Halo once again, then yes, I will buy ever DLC that releases.

> > Forget DLC map packs, I want DLC swag packs like the champion bundle :smiley:
>
> 343 can’t go wrong with this type of DLC.

And with these type of comments any hope of a future I had for the Halo series is doused in gasoline and immolated with napalm.

>

What do you have against cosmetic DLC? It shouldn’t cause any trouble.

>

And comments like yours which have no reason for the opinion in them ruin my hopes, seriously whats wrong with DLC? I mean they could do it in large packs like they kind of did with the CB in halo 4 or just make map packs free and cosmetic stuff the only microtransaction out there.

> Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive and inappropriate posts.
>
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
>
>
>
> Depends on if Halo 5 is Call of Duty in Space like Halo 4 is. If that is the case, then no, I will not touch the DLC.
>
> If it goes back to being Halo once again, then yes, I will buy ever DLC that releases.
>
>
>
> > > Forget DLC map packs, I want DLC swag packs like the champion bundle :smiley:
> >
> > 343 can’t go wrong with this type of DLC.
>
> And with these type of comments any hope of a future I had for the Halo series is doused in gasoline and immolated with napalm.
>

> >
>
> What do you have against cosmetic DLC? It shouldn’t cause any trouble.

> >
>
> And comments like yours which have no reason for the opinion in them ruin my hopes, seriously whats wrong with DLC? I mean they could do it in large packs like they kind of did with the CB in halo 4 or just make map packs free and cosmetic stuff the only microtransaction out there.

I agree with robborboy here. This ridiculous nickel and diming is nothing but asinine crap started on phones and made it over consoles and PC. And the worst part is that people actually pay for it. This is nothing more than degrading the series further than it has already went with the creation of Halo 4 and all the media post Halo ODST. If you support this type of thing then you’re the “new age” audience most developers are aiming for. And more so, the type of audience that is killing gaming.

> > Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive and inappropriate posts.
> >
> >
> > *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> >
> >
> >
> > Depends on if Halo 5 is Call of Duty in Space like Halo 4 is. If that is the case, then no, I will not touch the DLC.
> >
> > If it goes back to being Halo once again, then yes, I will buy ever DLC that releases.
> >
> >
> >
> > > > Forget DLC map packs, I want DLC swag packs like the champion bundle :smiley:
> > >
> > > 343 can’t go wrong with this type of DLC.
> >
> > And with these type of comments any hope of a future I had for the Halo series is doused in gasoline and immolated with napalm.
> >

>
>
>
> > >
> >
> > What do you have against cosmetic DLC? It shouldn’t cause any trouble.
>
>
>
> > >
> >
> > And comments like yours which have no reason for the opinion in them ruin my hopes, seriously whats wrong with DLC? I mean they could do it in large packs like they kind of did with the CB in halo 4 or just make map packs free and cosmetic stuff the only microtransaction out there.
>
> I agree with robborboy here. This ridiculous nickel and diming is nothing but asinine crap started on phones and made it over consoles and PC. And the worst part is that people actually pay for it. This is nothing more than degrading the series further than it has already went with the creation of Halo 4 and all the media post Halo ODST. If you support this type of thing then you’re the “new age” audience most developers are aiming for. And more so, the type of audience that is killing gaming.

Oh really? Considering I’ve been here since CE, have seen many games flourish with cosmetic add ons which the dev team didnt have to make and offer it for a relatively cheap price considering the amount of hassle involved in it.

And since the earliest days of gaming expansion packs existed which was basically DLC today just in larger bunches. So we are the ‘new’ downgrade of gaming because of DLC which keeps the game alive with people which also boosts the gaming of those who dont buy it? Nearly all of valves games or the steam store in general have DLC and are immensely popular.

IMO DLC should be put into bigger packs instead of smaller releases except for the odd skin a bit like how BF premium does it.

Also the media is for halo is general and open for those who WISH (big word here since your not FORCED) to purchase it to expand upon their love for the franchise in a way that isnt games but is exactly like it. Your logic is flawed and halo 4 hasnt really downgraded the entire franchise since many big franchises have the odd bad game which people will have different opinions on.

Also if it bothers you that much here’s an idea… Dont buy it. No one is forcing you to buy it and video games are a business in the end so what do you expect? If anything your attitude to remove it because it doesnt suit you or you dont see the benefit is what will kill if gaming with people thinking they deserve everything and more since they paid for what was advertised

> > Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive and inappropriate posts.
> >
> >
> > *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> >
> >
> >
> > Depends on if Halo 5 is Call of Duty in Space like Halo 4 is. If that is the case, then no, I will not touch the DLC.
> >
> > If it goes back to being Halo once again, then yes, I will buy ever DLC that releases.
> >
> >
> >
> > > > Forget DLC map packs, I want DLC swag packs like the champion bundle :smiley:
> > >
> > > 343 can’t go wrong with this type of DLC.
> >
> > And with these type of comments any hope of a future I had for the Halo series is doused in gasoline and immolated with napalm.
> >

>
>
>
> > >
> >
> > What do you have against cosmetic DLC? It shouldn’t cause any trouble.
>
>
>
> > >
> >
> > And comments like yours which have no reason for the opinion in them ruin my hopes, seriously whats wrong with DLC? I mean they could do it in large packs like they kind of did with the CB in halo 4 or just make map packs free and cosmetic stuff the only microtransaction out there.
>
> I agree with robborboy here. This ridiculous nickel and diming is nothing but asinine crap started on phones and made it over consoles and PC. And the worst part is that people actually pay for it. This is nothing more than degrading the series further than it has already went with the creation of Halo 4 and all the media post Halo ODST. If you support this type of thing then you’re the “new age” audience most developers are aiming for. And more so, the type of audience that is killing gaming.

I guess you could see it that way.

But I see it as 343 making a product that was intended and created to be sold as DLC. They probably wouldn’t create extra maps and cosmetics if they couldn’t put it into DLC because if they were to put it into the game at launch then they wouldn’t be able to cover the costs of making the extra content.

Therefore they’d have to to raise the base price of the game you’re buying off the shelf in order to cover those costs and everybody would be forced to pay the extra price for that content whether they want to or not.

Better to give you the choice over whether or not you want to pay the extra price.

But that’s just how I see things.

> > > Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive and inappropriate posts.
> > >
> > >
> > > *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Depends on if Halo 5 is Call of Duty in Space like Halo 4 is. If that is the case, then no, I will not touch the DLC.
> > >
> > > If it goes back to being Halo once again, then yes, I will buy ever DLC that releases.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > > Forget DLC map packs, I want DLC swag packs like the champion bundle :smiley:
> > > >
> > > > 343 can’t go wrong with this type of DLC.
> > >
> > > And with these type of comments any hope of a future I had for the Halo series is doused in gasoline and immolated with napalm.
> > >

> >
> >
> >
> > > >
> > >
> > > What do you have against cosmetic DLC? It shouldn’t cause any trouble.
> >
> >
> >
> > > >
> > >
> > > And comments like yours which have no reason for the opinion in them ruin my hopes, seriously whats wrong with DLC? I mean they could do it in large packs like they kind of did with the CB in halo 4 or just make map packs free and cosmetic stuff the only microtransaction out there.
> >
> > I agree with robborboy here. This ridiculous nickel and diming is nothing but asinine crap started on phones and made it over consoles and PC. And the worst part is that people actually pay for it. This is nothing more than degrading the series further than it has already went with the creation of Halo 4 and all the media post Halo ODST. If you support this type of thing then you’re the “new age” audience most developers are aiming for. And more so, the type of audience that is killing gaming.
>
> I guess you could see it that way.
>
> But I see it as 343 making a product that was intended and created to be sold as DLC. They probably wouldn’t create extra maps and cosmetics if they couldn’t put it into DLC because if they were to put it into the game at launch then they wouldn’t be able to cover the costs of making the extra content.
>
> Therefore they’d have to to raise the base price of the game you’re buying off the shelf in order to cover those costs and everybody would be forced to pay the extra price for that content whether they want to or not.
>
> Better to give you the choice over whether or not you want to pay the extra price.
>
> But that’s just how I see things.

Yes. A game that is going to be 60$ retail is a game meant to be sold as DLC. That is nothing more than a copout. I am going to go out on a limb and say you thought online passes were a good thing as well. The way video games are progressing is nothing more than a spit in the face, an insult to those that made video games what they are today. Why do you think kickstarter has become so viable? Because businesses, Microsoft and 343i included, only care about the bottom line.

> > > > Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive and inappropriate posts.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Depends on if Halo 5 is Call of Duty in Space like Halo 4 is. If that is the case, then no, I will not touch the DLC.
> > > >
> > > > If it goes back to being Halo once again, then yes, I will buy ever DLC that releases.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > > Forget DLC map packs, I want DLC swag packs like the champion bundle :smiley:
> > > > >
> > > > > 343 can’t go wrong with this type of DLC.
> > > >
> > > > And with these type of comments any hope of a future I had for the Halo series is doused in gasoline and immolated with napalm.
> > > >

> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > What do you have against cosmetic DLC? It shouldn’t cause any trouble.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > And comments like yours which have no reason for the opinion in them ruin my hopes, seriously whats wrong with DLC? I mean they could do it in large packs like they kind of did with the CB in halo 4 or just make map packs free and cosmetic stuff the only microtransaction out there.
> > >
> > > I agree with robborboy here. This ridiculous nickel and diming is nothing but asinine crap started on phones and made it over consoles and PC. And the worst part is that people actually pay for it. This is nothing more than degrading the series further than it has already went with the creation of Halo 4 and all the media post Halo ODST. If you support this type of thing then you’re the “new age” audience most developers are aiming for. And more so, the type of audience that is killing gaming.
> >
> > I guess you could see it that way.
> >
> > But I see it as 343 making a product that was intended and created to be sold as DLC. They probably wouldn’t create extra maps and cosmetics if they couldn’t put it into DLC because if they were to put it into the game at launch then they wouldn’t be able to cover the costs of making the extra content.
> >
> > Therefore they’d have to to raise the base price of the game you’re buying off the shelf in order to cover those costs and everybody would be forced to pay the extra price for that content whether they want to or not.
> >
> > Better to give you the choice over whether or not you want to pay the extra price.
> >
> > But that’s just how I see things.
>
> Yes. A game that is going to be 60$ retail is a game meant to be sold as DLC. That is nothing more than a copout. I am going to go out on a limb and say you thought online passes were a good thing as well. The way video games are progressing is nothing more than a spit in the face, an insult to those that made video games what they are today. Why do you think kickstarter has become so viable? Because businesses, Microsoft and 343i included, only care about the bottom line.

Sigh

You dont understand what he meant, if you want a bigger game which doesnt have to add stuff in as DLC then you would HAVE to have a bigger price, also how does this ruin gaming for this has been done in £40 expansion packs and what have online passes got to do with this, it has been proven that they add nothing to the game and are purely a arkward annoyance and have nothing to do woth this.

Do you understand what we mean and what your on about and are you doing your ‘homework’ ?