Will Xbox Series X support 60fps at 4k Resolution?

Hello Everyone,
Like like almost everyone here I have played the Infinite Tech preview. I played with a Xbox one X,with resolution locked at 4k 30fps.
after playing Halo MCC at 60fps at 1080 then 4K,I realize for me, 30fps is a step back. I made a choice to get a series X console.
My television does not have HDMI 2.1 for full 120fps,so for now I dont mind 60fps at 4K.
My question is will Series X support 60fps 4K for Halo Infinite?

Thanks for your attention!

I hope so bro. Otherwise the 4k monitor I got woulda been a waste

> 2533274829916750;1:
> Hello Everyone,
> Like like almost everyone here I have played the Infinite Tech preview. I played with a Xbox one X,with resolution at 4k 30fps.
> after playing Halo MCC at 60fps at 1080 then 4K,I realize for me, 30fps is a step back. I made a choice to get a series X console.
> My television does not have HDMI 2.1 for full 120fps,so for now I dont mind 60fps at 4K.
> My question is will Series X support 60fps 4K for Halo Infinite?
>
> Thanks for your attention!

More than likely the answer is yes, virtually every shooter hits 4K60 as standard practice now. With the Series X being capable of 120FPS (likely at a slightly lower resolution) I’m sure it’ll be able to handle 4K60 without a problem

DOOM Eternal can run raytracing at a solid 60 FPS at just under 4K. That’s a good example of the current power benchmark

> 2533274882898126;2:
> I hope so bro. Otherwise the 4k monitor I got woulda been a waste

Thanks for the response! Glad to hear others have similar concerns!

It better. I wanna see what this box can do after the massive anxiety attack I had just trying to obtain one day one.

I won’t accept anything less.

> 2533274865778947;3:
> > 2533274829916750;1:
> > Hello Everyone,
> > Like like almost everyone here I have played the Infinite Tech preview. I played with a Xbox one X,with resolution at 4k 30fps.
> > after playing Halo MCC at 60fps at 1080 then 4K,I realize for me, 30fps is a step back. I made a choice to get a series X console.
> > My television does not have HDMI 2.1 for full 120fps,so for now I dont mind 60fps at 4K.
> > My question is will Series X support 60fps 4K for Halo Infinite?
> >
> > Thanks for your attention!
>
> More than likely the answer is yes, virtually every shooter hits 4K60 as standard practice now. With the Series X being capable of 120FPS (likely at a slightly lower resolution) I’m sure it’ll be able to handle 4K60 without a problem
>
> DOOM Eternal can run raytracing at a solid 60 FPS at just under 4K. That’s a good example of the current power benchmark

Thanks for the response bro. I never realized how much 30 fps vs 60 makes a difference. 30 fps on Infinite wasnt cutting it for me. At first I wondered if my XB1X was malfunctioning, then, I tried it on Series X and saw the difference,
I hope 343 will post a breakdown of the available resolutions.I would accept 1080P 60FPS!

I thought that 4K60 was confirmed already for the Series X?

> 2533274829916750;6:
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > > 2533274829916750;1:
> > > Hello Everyone,
> > > Like like almost everyone here I have played the Infinite Tech preview. I played with a Xbox one X,with resolution at 4k 30fps.
> > > after playing Halo MCC at 60fps at 1080 then 4K,I realize for me, 30fps is a step back. I made a choice to get a series X console.
> > > My television does not have HDMI 2.1 for full 120fps,so for now I dont mind 60fps at 4K.
> > > My question is will Series X support 60fps 4K for Halo Infinite?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your attention!
> >
> > More than likely the answer is yes, virtually every shooter hits 4K60 as standard practice now. With the Series X being capable of 120FPS (likely at a slightly lower resolution) I’m sure it’ll be able to handle 4K60 without a problem
> >
> > DOOM Eternal can run raytracing at a solid 60 FPS at just under 4K. That’s a good example of the current power benchmark
>
> Thanks for the response bro. I never realized how much 30 fps vs 60 makes a difference. 30 fps on Infinite wasnt cutting it for me. At first I wondered if my XB1X was malfunctioning, then, I tried it on Series X and saw the difference,
> I hope 343 will post a breakdown of the available resolutions.I would accept 1080P 60FPS!

I’m not sure if it was available for the Xbox One or One X versions of the game but on my Series X I had the option for Performance or Quality modes in the settings.
I imagine that would give you the option for a better FPS count but at a lower resolution. Although I never personally really messed with that setting much.

I have a Series X and a 144hz gaming monitor. The Infinite test ran at an unlocked frame rate and was averaging over 100+ frames per second (i can see the adaptive sync refresh rate with a setting on my monitor). 60hz on a tv with a Series X will not be a problem.

Also yes in the settings there was a performance and quality although when I switched between the two I saw no significant difference in frame rate. It may not actually be enabled in this build of the game but appears to be planned.

> 2533274825333224;5:
> It better. I wanna see what this box can do after the massive anxiety attack I had just trying to obtain one day one.
>
> I won’t accept anything less.

Thanks for the response! I tried at launch to get one but no go,Seeing Infinite in action, 60fps 4k is the standard,30fps is unacceptable.I am glad to have gotten a XBX1X for MCC IN 4K 60FPS, but with Infinite ,I saw its limitations.
I appreciate 343 for including all the XB1 users,the whole backwards compatibility.They could have made it exclusive to series X/S.

> 2533274829916750;1:
> Hello Everyone,
> Like like almost everyone here I have played the Infinite Tech preview. I played with a Xbox one X,with resolution locked at 4k 30fps.
> after playing Halo MCC at 60fps at 1080 then 4K,I realize for me, 30fps is a step back. I made a choice to get a series X console.
> My television does not have HDMI 2.1 for full 120fps,so for now I dont mind 60fps at 4K.
>

I was personally pretty disappointed by the visuals on my xbox one x, even at 1080p the game was pretty rough. I’ll have to see if that improves before launch to decide if I buy the game, because It doesn’t seem likely that I’ll be able to get a Series X in time.

> 2533274829916750;10:
> > 2533274825333224;5:
> > It better. I wanna see what this box can do after the massive anxiety attack I had just trying to obtain one day one.
> >
> > I won’t accept anything less.
>
> Thanks for the response! I tried at launch to get one but no go,Seeing Infinite in action, 60fps 4k is the standard,30fps is unacceptable.I am glad to have gotten a XBX1X for MCC IN 4K 60FPS, but with Infinite ,I saw its limitations.
> I appreciate 343 for including all the XB1 users,the whole backwards compatibility.They could have made it exclusive to series X/S.

I think in the long run it should have been an exclusive but they seem to think they can do it all and cut no corners so we’ll see.

> 2533274829916750;1:
> Hello Everyone,
> Like like almost everyone here I have played the Infinite Tech preview. I played with a Xbox one X,with resolution locked at 4k 30fps.
>

Yes, it will support 4K60, it it can do 4K120 (which it will/does) it will support 4K60

I really enjoyed the look and feel of the game on Xbox Series X it’s going to be great playing campaign with this set-up. The only thing that does bother me is if I wanted to play multiplayer competitively a high end PC with MnK on a gaming monitor looks like it is going to have a significant advantage. Especially with the low amount of aim assist on the consoles.

> 2533274792737987;7:
> I thought that 4K60 was confirmed already for the Series X?

It was.

I imagine that Series X will have the options for 4K60 if you’re on graphics mode, and something like 2K120 for performance mode.