Will we smell that stench that we did before?

Simple, will The Flood be in Halo Infinite? Also, plz join SpartansStrike

The answer to your question is a 100% possibly.

There’s a strong possibility of them returning. If halo infinite is set on zeta halo, there’s an even stronger chance we’ll see them as well given how there’s a lot of lore surrounding the flood on zeta. Even more evidence that shows they could return is the hints that Cortana has the logic plague and not to mention that most of the community wants them to return.

Great… now I’m back on the Rtas 'Vadum train. Thanks OP… lol. Seriously though, if the Flood return, bring back the second baddest Elite in H2 and H3 to show everyone how fighting the Flood is really done!

> 2535435902217648;4:
> Great… now I’m back on the Rtas 'Vadum train. Thanks OP… lol. Seriously though, if the Flood return, bring back the second baddest Elite in H2 and H3 to show everyone how fighting the Flood is really done!

Who is the first baddest elite ? Haha

Maybe? It would also be cool if they made a fresh new faction

Yes please… Make this a real Halo sequeal and go back to the roots =D

Flood would be insta buy legendary super trooper edition for me.

man dood i always hated the flood when halo 4 came i was so relieved they were gone but know i miss them they added that touch of fear into the game and know i crave it.

Given HW2 AN I would say that there is a strong possibility for the return. Other question is that whether it will be a good return with minor horror/gruesome aspects or toned down plastic figures like covenant went through.

And try not to advertise a company in a topic without any connection to companies whatsoever, there is a forum section for recruiting.

I would prefer no Flood return. Or, if they had to, a minimal presence reduced to 1 or 2 levels. I certainly wouldn’t want them revealed as the true enemy behind the Created or to suddenly show up in major force out of nowhere.

I would say yes. They’ve always been around in the lore with constant containment breaches. I think it would be cool to see a containment breach in-game with the quarantine Spartan fighting the Flood. And as someone above mentioned, Cortana has the logic plague, and may even try to work with Mendicant Bias, who was allied with the Flood long ago.

> 2533274932512744;3:
> There’s a strong possibility of them returning. If halo infinite is set on zeta halo, there’s an even stronger chance we’ll see them as well given how there’s a lot of lore surrounding the flood on zeta. Even more evidence that shows they could return is the hints that Cortana has the logic plague and not to mention that most of the community wants them to return.

I am curious how Cortana having the logic plague gives hints that they could return?

I’m for a Flood comeback! It’d help make Infinite more of a love letter to the original Halo trilogy for sure.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

If they do return, they gotta shift the story around to make it less congested. Possible enemies in Halo Infinite include the covenant, prometheans, the banished, the flood, cortana. It’s like, how many enemies could they possibly put into one game without it being over saturated?

The flood should be a catalyst in a Halo story like they were in Halo CE or Halo 3. In Halo 2, they were just kinda there but there presence served as just another enemy to shoot, not necessarily as an obstacle or anything the player really cared about.

I do not envy the writers of Halo Infinite job because of the nearly impossible task they have of making this story make any sense at all. The problem is that the Banished and flood would obviously be the most enjoyable enemy to fight in this game, but that wouldn’t make any sense because 343 FPS Halo games were all about fighting the covenant and prometheans.

HOWEVER, the fans have made it pretty clear that they could care less about Master Chiefs armor magically going back to the old art style, so could those same people care less that the flood just make their way into the campaign for the sake of a fun game ?

> 2535422626142909;15:
> If they do return, they gotta shift the story around to make it less congested. Possible enemies in Halo Infinite include the covenant, prometheans, the banished, the flood, cortana. It’s like, how many enemies could they possibly put into one game without it being over saturated?
>
> The flood should be a catalyst in a Halo story like they were in Halo CE or Halo 3. In Halo 2, they were just kinda there but there presence served as just another enemy to shoot, not necessarily as an obstacle or anything the player really cared about.
>
> I do not envy the writers of Halo Infinite job because of the nearly impossible task they have of making this story make any sense at all. The problem is that the Banished and flood would obviously be the most enjoyable enemy to fight in this game, but that wouldn’t make any sense because 343 FPS Halo games were all about fighting the covenant and prometheans.
>
> HOWEVER, the fans have made it pretty clear that they could care less about Master Chiefs armor magically going back to the old art style, so could those same people care less that the flood just make their way into the campaign for the sake of a fun game ?

TBH the story is kinda dead for me anyway - I just want fun gameplay in campaign, that’s it.

> 2533274823912857;5:
> > 2535435902217648;4:
> > Great… now I’m back on the Rtas 'Vadum train. Thanks OP… lol. Seriously though, if the Flood return, bring back the second baddest Elite in H2 and H3 to show everyone how fighting the Flood is really done!
>
> Who is the first baddest elite ? Haha

Thel 'Vadam of course! Though one could argue for days on which is the baddest, that’s my ranking.

> 2535435902217648;17:
> > 2533274823912857;5:
> > > 2535435902217648;4:
> > > Great… now I’m back on the Rtas 'Vadum train. Thanks OP… lol. Seriously though, if the Flood return, bring back the second baddest Elite in H2 and H3 to show everyone how fighting the Flood is really done!
> >
> > Who is the first baddest elite ? Haha
>
> Thel 'Vadam of course! Though one could argue for days on which is the baddest, that’s my ranking.

Oh i didn’t even notice the different name at first, I just saw “Vadum” and thought “Vadam”, as in Arbiter haha

> 2533274823912857;18:
> > 2535435902217648;17:
> > > 2533274823912857;5:
> > > > 2535435902217648;4:
> > > > Great… now I’m back on the Rtas 'Vadum train. Thanks OP… lol. Seriously though, if the Flood return, bring back the second baddest Elite in H2 and H3 to show everyone how fighting the Flood is really done!
> > >
> > > Who is the first baddest elite ? Haha
> >
> > Thel 'Vadam of course! Though one could argue for days on which is the baddest, that’s my ranking.
>
> Oh i didn’t even notice the different name at first, I just saw “Vadum” and thought “Vadam”, as in Arbiter haha

No worries, their names are awfully similar. Idk if this is true, but I read somewhere that the keeps of Vadam and Vadum are somewhat related. Some sort of link was established a super long time ago between the two keeps. Either that, or they used to be one keep that split into two, but maintained an alliance of some sort.

> 2533274817408735;11:
> I would prefer no Flood return. Or, if they had to, a minimal presence reduced to 1 or 2 levels. I certainly wouldn’t want them revealed as the true enemy behind the Created or to suddenly show up in major force out of nowhere.

But, thats the thing they do, they show up in force given their usual tactic is to overwhelm in force. I wouldnt like to see flood half bottomed if they make a return with just minor role them being a force that the covenant feared on their (covenants) prime and were the cause for the firing of the Halo array.

But to each their own.

And maybe it could be better, that being the case, to see through this created business first so Infinite wouldnt turn into a too much of a cluster(mess?) of major forces.

“I will have my revenge - on a Prophet, not a plague!”

The quote could be taken in many ways but as a hint, which still leaves multiple choices,is that I refer to created and flood with it.