Will we see black undersuits in MOR?

What do yall think? I believe theres a good chance that this will be implemented in the menu as part of the UI update.

This is the real reason chief went rogue

They’ve made no mention of it and never responded to a complaint about it. What gives you the hunch they’ll add it? Just curious if I missed something, whether it be a post they made or a response.

> 2533274920092347;2:
> They’ve made no mention of it and never responded to a complaint about it. What gives you the hunch they’ll add it? Just curious if I missed something, whether it be a post they made or a response.

One can only hope.

It sticks, 343 even tweeted about the community wanting black undersuits in 2014, then did nothing about it for H5.

> 2533274921838152;1:
> What do yall think? I believe theres a good chance that this will be implemented in the menu as part of the UI update.
>
> This is the real reason chief went rogue

Seems pretty accurate.

> 2533274920092347;2:
> They’ve made no mention of it and never responded to a complaint about it. What gives you the hunch they’ll add it? Just curious if I missed something, whether it be a post they made or a response.

A lot of the players in halo 5 have complained about the undersuit colour. It ruins the majority of the available armours in halo 5. Makes everyone look like a toy soldier imo. I can see how it could be a difficult thing to solve though. As making the undersuit a separate colour option would not solve it for pvp as your spartan defaults back to red or blue colour.
People including myself also complain constantly about the lack of Customization options in h5. I love some of the armour pieces and really want to use them separately out of their sets but cant because h5 went backwards instead of forwards.

> 2533274920092347;2:

In alot of the concept art with the new armor the model is in a black undersuit while the armor is colored. Could just be a way to make the armor stand out more for the concept art or it could double as a thing that the artists are experimenting with.

> 2533274921838152;6:
> > 2533274920092347;2:
> > They’ve made no mention of it and never responded to a complaint about it. What gives you the hunch they’ll add it? Just curious if I missed something, whether it be a post they made or a response.
>
>
> In alot of the concept art with the new armor the model is in a black undersuit while the armor is colored. Could just be a way to make the armor stand out more for the concept art or it could double as a thing that the artists are experimenting with.

They do all the concept art and rendering with black undersuits. They did it in beta and renders are still done on black undersuits. Hasn’t stopped them from tacking color on at the last minute since launch, doubt it’ll stop now.

Beta promo.Post launch pre-update Mark IV render.

Wishful thinking.

that’d be awesome though its an extreme improbability. i would also like the option to change light color(with raijun you can actually see the light when you melee, reload,all the time).

You know people are running out of ammunition for 343i hate posts when posts about glorified long underwear are getting this much attention.

> 2533274950478805;10:
> You know people are running out of ammunition for 343i hate posts when posts about glorified long underwear are getting this much attention.

Sorry that they have always been black and then 343 made them these dorky colors to either cover up their flawed armor design or make soldiers look sporty.

> 2533274881560701;11:
> > 2533274950478805;10:
> > You know people are running out of ammunition for 343i hate posts when posts about glorified long underwear are getting this much attention.
>
>
> Sorry that they have always been black and then 343 made them these dorky colors to either cover up their flawed armor design or make soldiers look sporty.

If I remember correctly, wasn’t the Mark VI almost entirely armored in Halo 2/3, with only fleeting glimpses of an undersuit at all? Oh, but since everyone loves Reach’s utterly obsolete armor and antediluvian aesthetics (in the context of MJOLNIR armor), let’s just make an undersuit that wouldn’t really make a difference since most people just use Black as a Primary Color anyways.

In short, I could care less about 343i spending the time rendering and programming a whole new model sheet that doesn’t change colors in the same places on every single Armor variant, and more about them actually making some decent originally-designed Armor.

> 2533274950478805;12:
> > 2533274881560701;11:
> > > 2533274950478805;10:
> > > You know people are running out of ammunition for 343i hate posts when posts about glorified long underwear are getting this much attention.
> >
> >
> > Sorry that they have always been black and then 343 made them these dorky colors to either cover up their flawed armor design or make soldiers look sporty.
>
>
> If I remember correctly, wasn’t the Mark VI almost entirely armored in Halo 2/3, with only fleeting glimpses of an undersuit at all? Oh, but since everyone loves Reach’s utterly obsolete armor and antediluvian aesthetics (in the context of MJOLNIR armor), let’s just make an undersuit that wouldn’t really make a difference since most people just use Black as a Primary Color anyways.
>
> In short, I could care less about 343i spending the time rendering and programming a whole new model sheet that doesn’t change colors in the same places on every single Armor variant, and more about them actually making some decent originally-designed Armor.

343 seems to render armor on a Black undersuit.

Look at the beta promos, Black undersuits.Why does 343 use it for concept art, base rendering, and promos, even tweeting about black undersuits in 2014, yet they don’t make them accessible?

From what I’ve seen the reach armors will have more black on the undersuit but it won’t be completely black, thanks to chiefcanuck for his breakdown so I could see that

> 2535405450804460;14:
> From what I’ve seen the reach armors will have more black on the undersuit but it won’t be completely black, thanks to chiefcanuck for his breakdown so I could see that

They don’t have more black. They just cover up the undersuit a bit more with armor. In the teamster they have fully colored undersuits. The concept art with the grey and black undersuit is not necessarily representative of the final product, especially considering the teaser with the colored undersuits is a bit more in line with the current system unfortunately.

I’m confident that I prefer colored under suits. Black doesn’t look right to me with their armor. Like WortWortWarthog said above me, they should focus on armors more than under suits.

> 2533274881560701;13:
> > 2533274950478805;12:
> > > 2533274881560701;11:
> > > > 2533274950478805;10:
> > > > You know people are running out of ammunition for 343i hate posts when posts about glorified long underwear are getting this much attention.
> > >
> > >
> > > Sorry that they have always been black and then 343 made them these dorky colors to either cover up their flawed armor design or make soldiers look sporty.
> >
> >
> > If I remember correctly, wasn’t the Mark VI almost entirely armored in Halo 2/3, with only fleeting glimpses of an undersuit at all? Oh, but since everyone loves Reach’s utterly obsolete armor and antediluvian aesthetics (in the context of MJOLNIR armor), let’s just make an undersuit that wouldn’t really make a difference since most people just use Black as a Primary Color anyways.
> >
> > In short, I could care less about 343i spending the time rendering and programming a whole new model sheet that doesn’t change colors in the same places on every single Armor variant, and more about them actually making some decent originally-designed Armor.
>
>
> 343 seems to render armor on a Black undersuit.
>
> Look at the beta promos, Black undersuits.Why does 343 use it for concept art, base rendering, and promos, even tweeting about black undersuits in 2014, yet they don’t make them accessible?

Probably because they can’t actually do it in Halo 5. They clearly implied that it was supposed to be in Halo 5, and so the fact that they haven’t may actually be because of technical limitations. Coding something that widespread into a game isn’t easy, and they probably tried doing it somewhere in development.

> 2533274803493024;16:
> I’m confident that I prefer colored under suits. Black doesn’t look right to me with their armor. Like WortWortWarthog said above me, they should focus on armors more than under suits.

If we got black, then I’d hope that it’d be an optional feature to the current colored undersuit system, not necessarily a 100% replacement. It’d open up another possibility for customization without bloating the REQ system further. To satisfy both crowds.

> 2533274881560701;18:
> > 2533274803493024;16:
> > I’m confident that I prefer colored under suits. Black doesn’t look right to me with their armor. Like WortWortWarthog said above me, they should focus on armors more than under suits.
>
>
> If we got black, then I’d hope that it’d be an optional feature to the current colored undersuit system, not necessarily a 100% replacement. It’d open up another possibility for customization without bloating the REQ system further. To satisfy both crowds.

I like you and your train of thought :slight_smile: cheers!

> 2533274803493024;19:
> > 2533274881560701;18:
> > > 2533274803493024;16:
> > > I’m confident that I prefer colored under suits. Black doesn’t look right to me with their armor. Like WortWortWarthog said above me, they should focus on armors more than under suits.
> >
> >
> > If we got black, then I’d hope that it’d be an optional feature to the current colored undersuit system, not necessarily a 100% replacement. It’d open up another possibility for customization without bloating the REQ system further. To satisfy both crowds.
>
>
> I like you and your train of thought :slight_smile: cheers!

Exactly my thoughts. Just have an option for both