will we see another space battle?

Do you think we will ever see another space battle in Halo? If so what do you want it to be like? Personally I want a large scale battle. Though it was cool in Reach it was way over-hyped, going into it I thought you would actually be taking out the corvette or the carrier, not a boarding action like thing. I want to see something where you’re in a saber or longsword engaging seraphs, phantoms, even dropping bombs on cruisers. Thats just my personal opinion and it may be difficult to do, what are your thoughts?

EDIT

In the comments someone brought up the idea of multiplayer space battles, here is my idea for that: I think the best game types would be CTF and Assault. For CTF both teams spawn in the hangar of their respective ships (Frigate, Corvette, etc) from there you can either get in a saber, space-hornet (if it exist) or get a pelican full of people and head out, your objective is to get the flag from the other teams ship and bring it back. I personally think that has great potential. For assault each team has a bomb they need to plant in the other teams ship to detonate. Thoughts?

I sure hope so. With this new ancient evil, it could be even more epic than the awesome LNoS.

God i would love a good space battle especially an epic large scale one. I wouldnt even mind if one whole level was from space or if multiple levels incorporated it. OR if they refined it enough to make a multiplayer mode.

I would love something similar to Star Wars Battlefield 2 Space Battles.

> God i would love a good space battle especially an epic large scale one. I wouldnt even mind if one whole level was from space or if multiple levels incorporated it. OR if they refined it enough to make a multiplayer mode.

I’d love to see it as a multiplayer mode, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t >:D

If they do have another space battle I hope it’s on the same scale as the battle above the Arc, not just a small skirmish.

> I would love something similar to Star Wars Battlefield 2 Space Battles.

This

Countless threads have been made about this subject, sadly this idea probably won’t get into 343’s attention since most of them don’t even reach the 2nd page…

this,

except we need more stuff to fly with first of all,
the UNSC’s space arsenell isn’t that fair with other vehicles, and even to themselves sometimes

sabere- nothing much wrong with this one, missiles might need a nerf though

Longsword- NO, it has 110MM Gatiling guns, and a crap ton of missles, thats like having a warthog turret that shoots Scorpion shells instead of bullets

Shortsword- no, in lore, it actually doesn’t have frontal guns, so it cannot defend itself, it is meant for quick bombing runs

Booster frame- in a nutshell, its taking a spartan, strapping a rocket to his back, and giving him a minigun, and a rocket launcher, he’ll get shot down like nothing

LNoS space battle reminded me a lot of Battlefront 2!

coughBattlefrontcough

Everybody wanted to play Longswords, but they decided to troll us with Sabres.

No - I like halo how it was in halo 3 and i dont want anything from reach cuase reach SUKED

Loljk – I would LOVE a HUGE scale space battle with multiple frigates, destoryers and the UNSC infinity :slight_smile: and a CSO-class supercarrier lojk. But honestly i would like to see a space battle with many different ships on each side.

> > I would love something similar to Star Wars Battlefield 2 Space Battles.
>
> LNoS space battle reminded me a lot of Battlefront 2!

It’s like Forge World except in space. One Human Frigate, one Covenant Frigate.

Have Sabres and Seraphs. Maybe space hornets and banshees who knows but it sounds cool.

I’d like to see it as a multiplayer vehicle, with space being just another part of the map, like the sky above forge world, except ya know, space doesn’t have gravity.

> > > I would love something similar to Star Wars Battlefield 2 Space Battles.
> >
> > LNoS space battle reminded me a lot of Battlefront 2!
>
> It’s like Forge World except in space. One Human Frigate, one Covenant Frigate.
>
> Have Sabres and Seraphs. Maybe space hornets and banshees who knows but it sounds cool.

could Using MAC’s and glassing beams to damage the enemy cruiser be an option?

an entire level of space battle, not the space battle for five minutes then the rest is on foot. i want a full level, the start of the level is a cutscene, and there is mulitple objectives while in what-ever-youre-flying and then after you finish the battle, there is a cutscene that shows how you get out of the space craft, and then it starts the next level. and i dont want it to be a short level, i want it to be just as long as an average level.

plus, multiplayer maps with 2 space stations, and a bunch of stationed space craft that you can get in and fly around in, and then board onto the other station and exit and then keep fighting on foot. epic

There damn well better be. It better be able to compare to Battlefront’s space battles too. Not LNoS. That mission felt more like a chore after playing it enough times.

I want Forge-able multiplayer space battles. (With space Banshees).

> I want Forge-able multiplayer space battles. (With space Banshees).

That’s alot to ask for…