Will we play as Locke first then go to Chief?

Maybe this is just me, but something tells me that the game will start off with us playing Locke. We will play a few missions as him then go to Chief as see what he’s been doing since the end of Next 72 Hours. Who do you think we’ll play as first, Locke then Chief?

It will Probably be like halo 2, where in Halo 2 we switch between The Chief and then the Arbiter every few missions. Or ODST, where you were searching for clues as to where your squad was and it would switch to them if I remember correctly, once you found that evidence.

That sounds like a fantastic way to start it off. Give us an intro that involves Chief indirectly -news stories, discussion of his ‘defection’ in a war room, Locke briefing his team, something of the like- then have us play as Locke for the first mission or two. After those, perhaps have us pick up with Blue Team in a sticky spot?

I know it’s generally a faux pas to bring up Call of Duty 'round these parts, but that’s something that’d be interesting (at least once) in Halo that CoD did quite a lot: throw us into the middle of a firefight in progress.

most likely

The Halo 2 method worked well. I can see it being like that.

I’m sure they’ll let you run around as Locke from the get go

I think we will start playing as Locke to introduce him to thoose who didn’t watch nightfall

It might play out like Halo 2, where you are playing as Chief for a while then change to Locke.

Probably. Since Chief is the one being hunted here, with the unknown motives and such, it would make sense to start with Locke, as well as to help introduce him.

I think we should play as Locke for the first third of the game to introduce the character as well as an outsider’s perspective to the Chief. The second third should be played from Chief’s perspective, and should explain what his motives are and what he’s attempting to do with Blue team. The climax should feature a mixed series of missions similar to what we saw towards the end of Halo 2. Chief and Locke would probably face off and then ally to fight a greater threat.

If I remember correctly Mike Colter said it starts off with Locke getting his augmentations and his training. Don’t ask me where I remember that from because I can’t remember, but I’m definitely not pulling it out of my -Yoink-

> 2533274846706692;11:
> If I remember correctly Mike Colter said it starts off with Locke getting his augmentations and his training. Don’t ask me where I remember that from because I can’t remember, but I’m definitely not pulling it out of my -Yoink-

“When he goes into Halo 5, you’ll see him transition into a Spartan, a super soldier. It’s a prominent role within the game. Obviously Master Chief will be involved, Cortana, but Locke will be one of the playable characters in Halo 5.”

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/48139/20150420/halo-5-guardians-trailer-shows-new-weapons-and-armor-mike-colton-speaks-about-jameson-locke-in-interview-video.htm

> 2533274846706692;11:
> If I remember correctly Mike Colter said it starts off with Locke getting his augmentations and his training. Don’t ask me where I remember that from because I can’t remember, but I’m definitely not pulling it out of my -Yoink-

I’m not sure if he said that exactly, but I got that impression from that interview when he said he’d be a “primary character”. Just from that I jumped to the conclusion that we’d play as Locke for the first mission or two.

if 343 does this, and does it right. That is, build the tension, build up to Blue Team’s campaign debut by introducing them to the player though Locke’s initial briefing, and then though a greatly orchestrated transition, It’ll make it all so much sweeter when the campaign focus shifts to them.

I wont really care who we play as until we play as chief

> 2533274906745123;12:
> > 2533274846706692;11:
> > If I remember correctly Mike Colter said it starts off with Locke getting his augmentations and his training. Don’t ask me where I remember that from because I can’t remember, but I’m definitely not pulling it out of my -Yoink-
>
>
> “When he goes into Halo 5, you’ll see him transition into a Spartan, a super soldier. It’s a prominent role within the game. Obviously Master Chief will be involved, Cortana, but Locke will be one of the playable characters in Halo 5.”
>
> http://www.designntrend.com/articles/48139/20150420/halo-5-guardians-trailer-shows-new-weapons-and-armor-mike-colton-speaks-about-jameson-locke-in-interview-video.htm

No that isn’t it, it wasn’t his transition into a spartan, he actually said it we would see his augmentations and his training. If the article I read was fake though that could be another reason…

I’m just wondering if when we play as master chief will we have all the armor abilities that locke has? I think it’d be interesting to throw some classic halo in there when we play as chief.

> 2533274870852232;16:
> I’m just wondering if when we play as master chief will we have all the armor abilities that locke has? I think it’d be interesting to throw some classic halo in there when we play as chief.

Lockes new abilities will be the reason chief has a hard time with him?

> 2533274870852232;16:
> I’m just wondering if when we play as master chief will we have all the armor abilities that locke has? I think it’d be interesting to throw some classic halo in there when we play as chief.

Chief will probably have thruster and spartan charge. If he does have the other abilities, they’ll probably be slow and crappy.

Well unless chief gets a full suit upgrade to get all these new abilities, like will he even have smart scope. IDK

It would also be funny if Locke couldn’t find any of the weapons that he needs because he isn’t lucky. :slight_smile: