Will we need a new xbox to support halo 6?

I’m not sure what to believe with the lack of split screen in halo 5, from what I have read it seems that one console could not “run the game twice”. So were does this stand for future games that will be expected to have better specs and also split screen. Can 343i make the engine efficient enough to do this on the current Xbox one?

the reason wasnt that the xbox couldnt do it, it was that 343 had no time to do it, at least thats my understanding of it

> 2533274893623214;2:
> the reason wasnt that the xbox couldnt do it, it was that 343 had no time to do it, at least thats my understanding of it

^This. They will continue to optimize the X1 until the day it dies. You will see better looking games.

I have to say, I can’t wait for the day Halo launches day one on PC. I’ll still be playing it with a controller, just would love to see a Halo game made for PC.

Or they could do the Battlefront thing and make split screen run at 30fps

Directx 12 is our only hope.

Xbox ones hardware is extremely lacking. Either they come out with a new xbox with a considerably good hardware and make it cost around 800-1000 dollars, or put it on pc, I don’t think we will be getting these graphics and 60fps and splitscreen. I don’t miss splitscreen at all.

They can optimize it further for sure, but it will still not be enough to close the gap of hardware advancement. When the 360 and PS3 launched they were on par with high end pc’s. When the 8th generation launched they were equivalent to low/mid end pc’s.

Halo 5’s engine doesn’t even run dx12. It’ll be more optimized by the time Halo 6 comes out, hopefully enough to get a decent framerate on split-screen.

I don’t see how they didn’t have time. 343i probably knew the Xbox One’s hardware long before most other developers as Microsoft would’ve taken special care of them. And Star Wars has better visuals than Halo 5 and runs at 60 fps - (don’t tell me 1080 for most of the time makes a huge difference). If Dice can do that for single player, surely 343i could have done it for campaign at the lease.

Doubt it, they just need more time to find out how to optimize it first, look at Halo 3, at the beginning of the 360 Halo 3 pushed the console to the limits. As time went on they found out how to optimize the console more and look at how good Halo 4 looked! Same thing will happen with H5-H6 or H7, they will eventually re-add split screen, maybe even go above 1080p, with stable 60fps and look even better! That may be pushing it but I do believe that it will still improve.

> 2533274871929668;4:
> Or they could do the Battlefront thing and make split screen run at 30fps

They could if they didn’t tie physics to frame rate… The game would feel like it is in slow motion 100% of the time, that is why you don’t tie physics to frame rate unless it is a fighting game… :frowning:

> 2533275011491088;8:
> Halo 5’s engine doesn’t even run dx12. It’ll be more optimized by the time Halo 6 comes out, hopefully enough to get a decent framerate on split-screen.

You mean hopefully enough to get a decent looking game out of it? Halo 5 looks like crap, and its because they committed to 60fps, which they didn’t need to do at all. Halo has done fine without 60fps, and I for one would much rather have 30fps without crap textures, texture pop in, muddy draw distance, drawn in shadows (lol), flip book animations at distance because of “dynamic resolution”, etc. And for the love of god its 2015 use some sort of dynamic lighting.

Is the xbox one lacking in hardware? Yes. Did 343 needlessly limit themselves? Yes.