Will we have to wait until Sept?

I really want Firefight Doubles back, for several reasons. I won’t bore you with them, but suffice it to say that if Firefight Doubles doesn’t return I’ll probably just abandon my attempt to advance Perfectionist and Grounded to Onyx and stop playing Reach.

Are they going to undo this mistake, and if so, will we have to wait until Sept?

They are probably not going to change it.

December, at the earliest, even that is doubtful. They’ve confirmed that this was the last update till Halo 4 drops.

And they’d be smart to change it, at least bring back a DLC playlist, or they’ll never sell any DLC for Halo 4. Ever.

Don’t expect any Reach Matchmaking updates until at least December-January, and even then, they are NOT looking to add more playlists, let along add old ones back which were removed due to their low population in the first place.

[Can you confirm fully that the August consolidation update for Reach is the final one and that the playlists being removed won’t be added back?

bs angel: Not final forever, but final for the next several months. And we won’t be adding playlists at this point in the game’s life.](https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/233750130044592128)

> December, at the earliest, even that is doubtful. They’ve confirmed that this was the last update till Halo 4 drops.
>
> And they’d be smart to change it, at least bring back a DLC playlist, or they’ll never sell any DLC for Halo 4. Ever.

Then screw them. Between the extra competition for vehicle kills and more limited voting there’s no way I’ll get another 2400 vehicle kills in 4-person Firefight. It was going to take a while even in Doubles, but I tried Firefight today and only got a fraction of the vehicle kills I typically got in Doubles.

And you’re right, there’s no way I’ll ever buy DLC from 343. In fact, I won’t even buy Halo 4 from them. I’ll wait to pick up a used copy on eBay. 343 has screwed up too many times since they took over to deserve my money.

> Don’t expect any Reach Matchmaking updates until at least December-January, and even then, they are NOT looking to add more playlists, let along add old ones back which were removed due to their low population in the first place.

Then they shouldn’t expect me to keep playing Reach or buy Halo 4 new.

And for the record, the Action Sack playlist would have been more popular if they’d had better games. There were at least a couple of games in the list that had me wondering how they were different from slayer. How stupid is that?

> > Don’t expect any Reach Matchmaking updates until at least December-January, and even then, they are NOT looking to add more playlists, let along add old ones back which were removed due to their low population in the first place.
>
> Then they shouldn’t expect me to keep playing Reach or buy Halo 4 new.
>
> And for the record, the Action Sack playlist would have been more popular if they’d had better games. There were at least a couple of games in the list that had me wondering how they were different from slayer. How stupid is that?

I agree Action Sack sucked for Reach, if it had more support, it would have been great, some gametypes similar to Halo 3’s Action Sack, I would have preferred if Grifball got dropped and then it was added to Action Sack and that would have free’d up a slot and then new gametypes could be added in the next Matchmaking update, but the sad truth is, Action Sack had a low population, Grifball had a higher population.

Too many people WILL buy Halo4 for your refusal to pruchase the game to make a difference or for them to give a damn.

Griffball is only FARMED for kills. Will it be removed for this reason? LOL

> I agree Action Sack sucked for Reach, if it had more support, it would have been great, some gametypes similar to Halo 3’s Action Sack, I would have preferred if Grifball got dropped and then it was added to Action Sack and that would have free’d up a slot and then new gametypes could be added in the next Matchmaking update, but the sad truth is, Action Sack had a low population, Grifball had a higher population.

The point of the Action Sack playlist was to be a fun alternative to slayer games, and these nimnos gave us Power Slayer and Hotshot, which were so much like normal slayer I never actually figured out how they were different than slayer.

I actually got together with some friends and played Action Sack in Halo 3 recently because it’s so much better than the Reach version.

> > I agree Action Sack sucked for Reach, if it had more support, it would have been great, some gametypes similar to Halo 3’s Action Sack, I would have preferred if Grifball got dropped and then it was added to Action Sack and that would have free’d up a slot and then new gametypes could be added in the next Matchmaking update, but the sad truth is, Action Sack had a low population, Grifball had a higher population.
>
> The point of the Action Sack playlist was to be a fun alternative to slayer games, and these nimnos gave us Power Slayer and Hotshot, which were so much like normal slayer I never actually figured out how they were different than slayer.
>
> I actually got together with some friends and played Action Sack in Halo 3 recently because it’s so much better than the Reach version.

Hehehe…Halo 3 action sack was the bet

Plasma Pistol starts anyone?

> > I agree Action Sack sucked for Reach, if it had more support, it would have been great, some gametypes similar to Halo 3’s Action Sack, I would have preferred if Grifball got dropped and then it was added to Action Sack and that would have free’d up a slot and then new gametypes could be added in the next Matchmaking update, but the sad truth is, Action Sack had a low population, Grifball had a higher population.
>
> The point of the Action Sack playlist was to be a fun alternative to slayer games, and these nimnos gave us Power Slayer and Hotshot, which were so much like normal slayer I never actually figured out how they were different than slayer.
>
> I actually got together with some friends and played Action Sack in Halo 3 recently because it’s so much better than the Reach version.

Most gametypes in Firefight sadly are just old Megalo tests Bungie did and never removed them or made use of them fully which sucks to be honest.

Hotshot was a great concept, except people just used it stat pad which was the opposite, Action Sack should have awarded you with no credits just like Halo 3 and it shouldn’t have added to stats either.

> > > I agree Action Sack sucked for Reach, if it had more support, it would have been great, some gametypes similar to Halo 3’s Action Sack, I would have preferred if Grifball got dropped and then it was added to Action Sack and that would have free’d up a slot and then new gametypes could be added in the next Matchmaking update, but the sad truth is, Action Sack had a low population, Grifball had a higher population.
> >
> > The point of the Action Sack playlist was to be a fun alternative to slayer games, and these nimnos gave us Power Slayer and Hotshot, which were so much like normal slayer I never actually figured out how they were different than slayer.
> >
> > I actually got together with some friends and played Action Sack in Halo 3 recently because it’s so much better than the Reach version.
>
> Most gametypes in Firefight sadly are just old Megalo tests Bungie did and never removed them or made use of them fully which sucks to be honest.
>
> Hotshot was a great concept, except people just used it stat pad which was the opposite, Action Sack should have awarded you with no credits just like Halo 3 and it shouldn’t have added to stats either.

And yet Griffball gives you credits.

> Too many people WILL buy Halo4 for your refusal to pruchase the game to make a difference or for them to give a damn.
>
> Griffball is only FARMED for kills. Will it be removed for this reason? LOL

I won’t buy it as well, like I care about them…sooner or later they will get the same treatment and you fools( not talking about you, in general) go buy it, people that can’t value money.

> > Too many people WILL buy Halo4 for your refusal to pruchase the game to make a difference or for them to give a damn.
> >
> > Griffball is only FARMED for kills. Will it be removed for this reason? LOL
>
> I won’t buy it as well, like I care about them…sooner or later they will get the same treatment and you fools( not talking about you, in general) go buy it, people that can’t value money.

I completely agree. Sadly I already preordered it and the way i went about it would mean a charge for me to cancel so I’m stuck with it. I just hope it isn’t the brown paper bag filled with excriment set alight that it is starting to resemble. If it is you can rest assured I’ll go back to REACH and pretend that that was the last Halo game EVER realeased.

And isn’t that all 343 want? They don’t care about peoples desire to replay the game. They just want you to buy a new game each month. Look at Anniversary - absolutely no effort to add leveling, medals or any of the innovative stuff in Reach. Which could have been done without effecting the integrity of the original Halo.
Nope, just gouge some more out of our wallets and make another half hearted release for April - May 2013. Got to have something ready for the new console.

> And isn’t that all 343 want? They don’t care about peoples desire to replay the game. They just want you to buy a new game each month. Look at Anniversary - absolutely no effort to add leveling, medals or any of the innovative stuff in Reach. Which could have been done without effecting the integrity of the original Halo.
> Nope, just gouge some more out of our wallets and make another half hearted release for April - May 2013. Got to have something ready for the new console.

After their psrtner in crime announced the Limited Edition xbox 360 (Halo) this year. Why do that RIGHT BEFORE releasing a new console?

Am I supposed to thank them for this?

Support for Halo Reach and Halo 3 has pretty much gone. Whilst it’s still technically there, 343i really don’t care about the previous Halo games. It’s all about Halo 4 now, which multiplayer wise is awful. Very skeptical about it.

> Support for Halo Reach and Halo 3 has pretty much gone. Whilst it’s still technically there, 343i really don’t care about the previous Halo games. It’s all about Halo 4 now, which multiplayer wise is awful. Very skeptical about it.

Don’t forget about the asthetics and non connon additions which can only be described as eyeball rape.

Lots of negativity in this thread.

No need to start hating on H4 guys. I for one thought Anniversary was brilliant. This Reach update is indeed confusing. (Although let’s be honest Action Sack didn’t fulfill it’s potential, it had too many Slayer based gametypes). Removing a DLC playlist is also bizarre. The DLC was already limited but to remove the only real chance to play it in matchmaking was a really strange decision. Surely it’s only fair to enforce DLC in most playlists? H3 did it well.

Nevertheless, my attitude is just roll with it and have fun in whatever playlists are available.

And don’t hate on H4, we haven’t played it yet. I love how MP looks and I can’t wait for it.