Will we have to grind b4 infinite (read post)

So a lot of people including me, were wondering if we could get to 152 before infinite, but today I thought, do we have to BEFORE the release? Meaning when it releases will we still get a shot at the 152 reward? Tell me what you all think

I don’t see why not. Many of the Halo 5 armors that depend on your MCC progress unlock shortly after you perform the task in the other game. It’s tied to your account. I’d expect a short delay after completing the step in case the system does their check once a day or something like that. Post to this forum if you encounter this issue post-release, the game will be in active development still and I’m sure your issue will get fixed UNLESS in the next few months 343 comes out and explicitly says: “yeah you won’t get the 152 reward after the game comes out” but that would be wildly unexpected.

Now the real problem, which I’m also struggling with: Given that Infinite runs on existing systems and will be free-to-play, will there be a Halo 5 player population substantial enough to make the home stretch of the 152 grind worth playing? If I do 250k xp a day, I’ll get 152 before Infinite, but trialling that over the past week has been an exhaustive toll on my health and work, so I’ve stuck to doing 150k on weekdays and 200k on weekends and even then I’ll be late by two months. Honestly, I’m finding it less worth it as time goes on. Anyway, good luck to you

Not sure stats would transfer on over. Im so close to 152 I think I’m at 144 right now. I also would like to know the answer to thegoodguy04456 question.

> 2533274797981449;2:
> I don’t see why not. Many of the Halo 5 armors that depend on your MCC progress unlock shortly after you perform the task in the other game. It’s tied to your account. I’d expect a short delay after completing the step in case the system does their check once a day or something like that. Post to this forum if you encounter this issue post-release, the game will be in active development still and I’m sure your issue will get fixed UNLESS in the next few months 343 comes out and explicitly says: “yeah you won’t get the 152 reward after the game comes out” but that would be wildly unexpected.
>
> Now the real problem, which I’m also struggling with: Given that Infinite runs on existing systems and will be free-to-play, will there be a Halo 5 player population substantial enough to make the home stretch of the 152 grind worth playing? If I do 250k xp a day, I’ll get 152 before Infinite, but trialling that over the past week has been an exhaustive toll on my health and work, so I’ve stuck to doing 150k on weekdays and 200k on weekends and even then I’ll be late by two months. Honestly, I’m finding it less worth it as time goes on. Anyway, good luck to you

Good Point I agree, the other reason why I asked this question is bcs I simply haven’t been grinding as much as I used to, don’t get me wrong I love halo 5 and the whole franchise to death, and 50 million xp is still a lot of hours to burn through to reach, and I am just a kid in a private high school who has loads of work usually until 4 or 6 at most, and I wanna work on animation and unity game development as well which are all time consuming things, and over time, the halo 5 grind to me ( idk about you ) just seems boring and gets more and more boring over time, which also leads to me taking massive breaks from halo 5 anywhere from a week to maybe 2 weeks at most, then on those massive breaks I just tend to play other games bcs I don’t wanna spend all my time on halo 5 for a lengthily grind for a reward I might not even be able to get in time, if I spent all my time playing halo 5 after school for hours and hours I would feel bored and potentially depressed or both but what do you think of this?

My guess is they will have it set up automatically based on when you unlock it. There is no way they will manually grant even the couple of thousand 152s that are already out there, and it is much more likely that there will be a automatic flag of sorts that tells Infinite to unlock specific rewards.

However, I would highly suggest grinding ASAP anyways. It is doubtful that you will be able to find matches as easily after Infinite is out, so now is the time to grind while it is in a bit of a population boom.

> 2806037446402987;5:
> My guess is they will have it set up automatically based on when you unlock it. There is no way they will manually grant even the couple of thousand 152s that are already out there, and it is much more likely that there will be a automatic flag of sorts that tells Infinite to unlock specific rewards.
>
> However, I would highly suggest grinding ASAP anyways. It is doubtful that you will be able to find matches as easily after Infinite is out, so now is the time to grind while it is in a bit of a population boom.

yea, also look at my reply to Bryan Tran above, it lists some of my concerns and stuff regarding this, what do you think of it?

> 2535418501780551;6:
> > 2806037446402987;5:
> > My guess is they will have it set up automatically based on when you unlock it. There is no way they will manually grant even the couple of thousand 152s that are already out there, and it is much more likely that there will be a automatic flag of sorts that tells Infinite to unlock specific rewards.
> >
> > However, I would highly suggest grinding ASAP anyways. It is doubtful that you will be able to find matches as easily after Infinite is out, so now is the time to grind while it is in a bit of a population boom.
>
> yea, also look at my reply to Bryan Tran above, it lists some of my concerns and stuff regarding this, what do you think of it?

I’m going to be honest with you, I wouldn’t worry about hitting 152 at your current level. The reward is neat, but not worth the remaining effort that would be required on your part. There are bound to be cooler unlocks than what they are giving away for max rank in Halo 5, and once you do get it, your attention is going to move to the next armor set or unlock that you have to have.

As soon as it starts feeling like a chore to play Halo 5, it isn’t worth it.

OP, if I may lend my own life advice as someone who learned technical skills in his early career and is now a busy professional: learning animation and game dev while still in high school will get you far if you end up finding it fun and commit to hobby projects which improve that talent.

At this point in my young career, grinding 152 is my hobby project because I’m past all that and am comfy in my career (transportation planning and engineering). But at your age, I was much more interested at fleshing my technical interests, and was afforded amazing opportunities in my youth (I worked on the Tokyo Olympics as a foreigner!) thanks to my enthusiasm and qualifications in the right place and right time. Hope you can find similar success in the crucial next five years of your life.

Do what you want of course, 152 has (in my opinion) meagre rewards from what we’ve seen (that I still want!!!), but you’re still so young and may find an even more amazing outlet for your time (or at minimum, your Summer 2021).

> 2533274797981449;8:
> OP, if I may lend my own life advice as someone who learned technical skills in his early career and is now a busy professional: learning animation and game dev while still in high school will get you far if you end up finding it fun and commit to hobby projects which improve that talent.
>
> At this point in my young career, grinding 152 is my hobby project because I’m past all that and am comfy in my career (transportation planning and engineering). But at your age, I was much more interested at fleshing my technical interests, and was afforded amazing opportunities in my youth (I worked on the Tokyo Olympics as a foreigner!) thanks to my enthusiasm and qualifications in the right place and right time. Hope you can find similar success in the crucial next five years of your life.
>
> Do what you want of course, 152 has (in my opinion) meagre rewards from what we’ve seen (that I still want!!!), but you’re still so young and may find an even more amazing outlet for your time (or at minimum, your Summer 2021).

The wholesomeness in this post is awesome! Very much of a similar mindset. The 152 grind is my way of dealing with planning a wedding!

> 2806037446402987;7:
> > 2535418501780551;6:
> > > 2806037446402987;5:
> > > My guess is they will have it set up automatically based on when you unlock it. There is no way they will manually grant even the couple of thousand 152s that are already out there, and it is much more likely that there will be a automatic flag of sorts that tells Infinite to unlock specific rewards.
> > >
> > > However, I would highly suggest grinding ASAP anyways. It is doubtful that you will be able to find matches as easily after Infinite is out, so now is the time to grind while it is in a bit of a population boom.
> >
> > yea, also look at my reply to Bryan Tran above, it lists some of my concerns and stuff regarding this, what do you think of it?
>
> I’m going to be honest with you, I wouldn’t worry about hitting 152 at your current level. The reward is neat, but not worth the remaining effort that would be required on your part. There are bound to be cooler unlocks than what they are giving away for max rank in Halo 5, and once you do get it, your attention is going to move to the next armor set or unlock that you have to have.
>
> As soon as it starts feeling like a chore to play Halo 5, it isn’t worth it.

Entirely agree re the feeling like a chore.

That said… I wouldn’t be surprised if it was actually a manual unlock by the 343 team. Given what they used to do with limited edition MCC nameplates even within that one game. It’s a fairly easy database query to run and potentially then as easy as copying those gamertags into Infinite’s systems. Honestly it probably takes less work to do manually than designing a system to do it.

> 2535418501780551;1:
> So a lot of people including me, were wondering if we could get to 152 before infinite, but today I thought, do we have to BEFORE the release? Meaning when it releases will we still get a shot at the 152 reward? Tell me what you all think

Until they say for absolute certain one way or the other my assumption is that it will stop being available once Infinite releases because when I think Bonnie Ross first mentioned a ‘token’ she did use the phrase ‘before release’ - however that’s far from definitive.

I see the logic both ways:

• If you time-limit it, you don’t split your player population and give everyone a chance - If you don’t time-limit it you risk splitting your player pop for the first few months of InfinitePersonally I think they should put a time limit on, but perhaps not Infinite’s release itself - maybe something like the first anniversary of Infinite’s release. 16k XP a day for 365 days extra could be as little as two Arena games but is worth nearly 6m.

Personally I’m in a very fortunate position as If I keep at 100k XP per day I’ll be done in July, if I drop to 70k XP per day August, and if I just want to be done by release I’m under 50k XP now, but I spent most of 2018 and 2019 already working on the grind to a lesser extent.

> 2535448574705770;3:
> Not sure stats would transfer on over. Im so close to 152 I think I’m at 144 right now. I also would like to know the answer to thegoodguy04456 question.

14% of the way my man

It’s yet to be confirmed but I imagine you’ll still be able to unlock the 152 reward after Infinite’s launch.

The only problem you’ll face is a giant decline in Halo 5’s population so finding a match may become very very tedious after a while which will make any form of long term grind a very painful experience.
You’re better off grinding more and more now and if you have to finish off whatever is left after Infinite’s launch.

152 is a very long term goal to reach. It takes months of daily back to back playing to achieve.

> 2535448574705770;3:
> Not sure stats would transfer on over. Im so close to 152 I think I’m at 144 right now. I also would like to know the answer to thegoodguy04456 question.

Going from 150 to 152 is the same as 1 to 150. Once you hit level 145 it takes MUCH longer to level up. It will take you months to get from 144 to 150 let alone 152. It took me like 35 days of actual in game playtime of Arena to go from 149 to 152

Is there a reason why they decided to do so

> 2535448574705770;13:
> Is there a reason why they decided to do so

I dont know, probably to make people play/grind more to get max level. Either way you’ve got a long road ahead bro best of luck to you.

After skimming through everyone’s posts on here so far, it seems like the discussion went a bit wider which is cool. To OP: my advice would be to do the things that make you happy instead of being bored or potentially depressed from constant halo 5. Even if the reward is time sensitive, it sounds like you got a lot of other hobbies + games you are really into and make you happier in the meantime. And I think that’s your answer. Good luck either way !

Nowhere is any of the releases has it been stated that you had to complete 152 before the release of Infinite… so yes, it is possible (as of this writing) to play H5 after Infinite release to get to 152. But, as some of my peers have pointed out, it’s going to be extremely difficult with the population decline after release. Another thing not in your favor, is that the legacy games on 360 are sunsetting their services at the end of the year, so a lot of people are going back to those game to try to finish any achievements and grinds they have in those games as well. My advice, again to echo my peers, would be to get as much done now as possible, if not the entire grind, before Infinite release, that way you don’t have to worry about the struggle finding matches later.

> 2535448574705770;3:

My sweet summer child… You’re not even half way to 152 yet. I’m at 142 and unless I play FF mythic religiously with double xp for every game I don’t think I’m gonna make it. I worked out I’d have to play 17 Mythic FF games a day just to get some where near the 152 mark before release.

> 2533274818816466;17:
> > 2535448574705770;3:
> > Not sure stats would transfer on over. Im so close to 152 I think I’m at 144 right now. I also would like to know the answer to thegoodguy04456 question.
>
> My sweet summer child… You’re not even half way to 152 yet. I’m at 142 and unless I play FF mythic religiously with double xp for every game I don’t think I’m gonna make it. I worked out I’d have to play 17 Mythic FF games a day just to get some where near the 152 mark before release.

If it helps, I’ve accepted a challenge to grind and get 152 by December 15, because I reckon there’d still be some remnant of a Halo 5 community going toward the rank before everybody switches to Infinite for the holiday. I’m also assuming a November 15-20 release to coincide with Halo’s 20th anniversary.

> 2533274797981449;18:
> > 2533274818816466;17:
> > > 2535448574705770;3:
> > > Not sure stats would transfer on over. Im so close to 152 I think I’m at 144 right now. I also would like to know the answer to thegoodguy04456 question.
> >
> > My sweet summer child… You’re not even half way to 152 yet. I’m at 142 and unless I play FF mythic religiously with double xp for every game I don’t think I’m gonna make it. I worked out I’d have to play 17 Mythic FF games a day just to get some where near the 152 mark before release.
>
> If it helps, I’ve accepted a challenge to grind and get 152 by December 15, because I reckon there’d still be some remnant of a Halo 5 community going toward the rank before everybody switches to Infinite for the holiday. I’m also assuming a November 15-20 release to coincide with Halo’s 20th anniversary.

I hope there is so that there is so it gives people like us a chance of getting it still.

> 2535448574705770;3:

You aren’t close my friend. You aren’t even halfway until you hit 151.

Edit. I didn’t even see the reply. Sorry for repeating what others have said.